Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-23-20, 06:06 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, today during my workout YT asked for my log in password, mid workout. Fortunately there was a 'not now' option. Hubby set up the account and while I could make guesses or check the book, I didn't want to do that mid workout! Gah!

Today i did two Walk At Home with Nick. Both were UB toning workouts using the band I used 3lb weights. I wanted a light workout to see how my shoulder would react. so far so good.

I started a Lucy Wyndham-Read walking workout, this was another split screen but only between the same wooded walking path as before and her walking in her home, complete with cat running around the background.

Lastly, I did a Focus Fitness. Brian plays music but doesn't speak, giving us the new move in a PIP in the corner. I'm not sure why I enjoy these but I do. Now that I've figured out I can find Brian though FF, I'll be sure to do them again.

Its been raining then sunny off and on all day. Weird. Our temps have been back in the 80s for the past few weeks, but the high tomorrow is going to be 55, then back to the 70s.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 10:09 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Yesterday's workout:

49 minute walk in the park

DD had mentioned she wanted to go hiking today and look at leaves but so far it's a cloudy yucky day so we'll see if it improves later. I may do some weight work.

PENGUIN, I'm glad the shoulder held up.
We have a cold front coming in tomorrow and then it looks like rain on and off all week.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 05:13 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Today was a fun workout and I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't so tired! I started with Bailey Brown's Barre Thigh Toning Workout, nice beach scenery. Followed by Workout Hotel's LB Barre and then UTTB Fit Halloween dance workout.

We are hoping to get some more stuff cleared out of the backyard tomorrow. We saved the pieces of old fencing for the guys down the street who wanted to build a bonfire {somewhere} so we are hoping they come get the stuff and get it out of our yard before Halloween, otherwise its going to join the stuff on the curb.

Old 10-25-20, 09:08 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

Nothing much to report except walk, walk, walk. Every day so far since I've been back from my cottage. That's what I'll do today, too.

SB- Did you get to go for that hike? It sounds like we are experiencing fairly similar weather and upcoming weather patterns. blech.

PP- So I take it that your fence is all finished. Good news! Edit: Did you receive your new Cathes yet? I have not. OOps, that edit was for SB.

Terri- I think I'm on my third FitBit by now. The older they get, the worse they are at holding a charge I find.

So ladies - how are your stress levels in the lead-up to the election? Heck, I don't even live there and I'm stressed about it! Do you have to stand in those lineups that we keep seeing on TV? Hope not!
Old 10-25-20, 09:39 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was :

46 ish minute hike with DD

We didn't go to our original hiking destination which is further away than the reservation we went to. Since it wasn't a great day I didn't want to travel too far.
We walked around a beautiful lake, the foliage was still half green and it was mostly cloudy so not ideal. We'll try again next weekend maybe. I am planning a walk today and maybe weights? I did receive the new Cathe's on Friday but haven't tried any yet. I'm thinking maybe a premix on the Pump dvd.

PENGUIN, you're definitely on a barre kick.
Nice.

NORA, nothing wrong with walking.
That's my mainstay. I did receive my Cathe's (see above) but haven't tried them yet.

Well in NJ you can't vote in person even if you wanted to, it's all mail-in. So no long lines here. I think it's going to be a long time after Election Day before we know who won. It sure is a crazy year! I may be moving up there to Canada, who knows?

Waves to all. Enjoy the day!
Old 10-25-20, 01:09 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I didn't realize I hadn't posted in so many days, but like Nora, it's been walk, walk, walk...mine on the treadmill mostly.
A couple of nights ago I was searching for an after dinner clip, and one thing YT recommended was Soul Train's 10 best dancers, so I dance/walked to that, and then to Dancing With the Stars 5 most viewed dances - that one was pretty good.

We had another cold front and it's actually gotten to the high 60s. I admit it feels wonderful, and my cat likes to sit in my lap more, so that's nice.

Penguin, I'm going to look for the Halloween dance, sounds fun.

SB, I've been thinking more about walking outside since it's finally cooler, wish the trees here changed color more.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 07:05 PM  
patchworkpenguin

It being Sunday, we ventured into the backyard to drag branches to the curb. We are running out of room on the curb so just keep piling more branches on top. I tripped over a stump and landed on my side, then tripped on another stump and now have a huge bruise on my thigh. After that I refused to go that far back and just dragged branches to the curb that Hubby dragged from the back.

Twice now I've been mid workout and a screen has appeared asking for a password, so I thought I'd be smart and watch a few workouts with Hubby so he could do the password. Well we watched two random workouts, nary a screen or even a commercial, then he wandered outside so i did a Fitness with Cindy 30m Aerobics, which was fun. The good news is that in playing with it trying to get to the password, I found a setting called 'increased contrast' that made the text easier to read.

Nora, sadly the fence is still not finished. Our neighbor heard us working in the yard today and came over. Hubby asked him to redo part of the pickets/slats because they were leaving a huge gap at the bottom. I was more interested in getting the huge pile of branches to the curb. We are wondering of some nutcase is going to set Mt Brushmore on fire for Halloween! Not really stressed. I already early voted and didn't have to stand in line very long., maybe 10min.

SB, let us know what you think about the Cathe's when you try them. I'm not really interested in buying them but I'm curious.

Terri, I like you idea of exercising to a 'show' rather than a workout. I bet the music was great.

I saw a meme that read "I don't really feel we need Halloween this year. I've already been wearing a mask and eating candy for 7 months. No need to dedicate another day to it."

Old 10-26-20, 11:02 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

30 minute barre3 strength conditioning with Marissa
49 minute afternoon walk

On a whim, I signed up for a free trial of barre3. I remember enjoying the dvds back in the day so I'll give it a shot for 15 days.
I like that they use weights in their workouts and always get my heartrate up.
They do have some "interesting" new age speak. I had to block the instructor out because it was distracting and made no sense. At one point she said something like it's not how you lift your arms, it's how your arms are lifted What the heck does that even mean? She was saying things like that throughout the workout so I had to stop listening I do have some nice mild DOMS though today. The workouts leave me feeling energized and refreshed which is always a good thing. I am planning a walk today even though it's gray and damp again. Might as well get used to it because it's here to stay for awhile.

TERRI, oh your weather sounds refreshing.
I think some outdoor walking is a great idea. I like that you walk/dance to tv shows. The Soul Train clip must have been a lot of fun.

PENGUIN, oh no on the thigh bruise!
Be careful out there. I don't know when I'll try the Cathes. I kind of lost interest in them myself Love that Halloween meme, so true too

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
Old 10-27-20, 07:41 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk

It was damp and misty but overall an enjoyable walk. I'm not sure if barre3 is meant to be done daily since I had a little soreness from the weights so I figure I'll do it every other day. I'm meeting some friends for lunch today so I'm hoping to do barre3 this morning and then walk to the restaurant. With covid cases rising, I'm a little hesitant about the lunch but hopefully we'll stay outdoors.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
Old 10-28-20, 09:50 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

57 minute outdoor walk

That was it for me. I never did get to the barre3 workout. The lunch was postponed and I was actually relieved. One of the friends' daughter got married over the weekend. They had a 150 person indoor wedding Really? Anyway, long story short, some of the guests attending the wedding had a family member who tested positive for covid. So even though that family member didn't attend the wedding, I guess the relatives who attended could possibly have covid also and spread it to all the other guests. So this friend's daughter told her she shouldn't be out socializing, she should get a covid test and stay home until she gets the results!! I can't believe a grown woman has to be told this!!
What are people thinking?? They just don't get the seriousness of this situation and it boggles my mind. I wasn't aware of the wedding, this woman is more a friend of my friends so I don't know her all that well.
But I'm glad her daughter had some common sense at least.

Anyway, it's raining now but I am hoping for an outdoor walk later and maybe some barre3.

Hope everyone is well!!!