Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-07, 10:09 PM  
giacchina
VF Supporter

I'm seriously considering the HC100 with you all...

It depends on whether I could get away for that long (sitter availability, hubby's schedule, kids getting sick - always seems to happen at the worst possible times, etc.). Let me see how things evolve here - when do you need a definite answer?

Jackie
giacchina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-07, 04:35 AM  
nancy c
Tri-ing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by giacchina
It depends on whether I could get away for that long (sitter availability, hubby's schedule, kids getting sick - always seems to happen at the worst possible times, etc.). Let me see how things evolve here - when do you need a definite answer?

Jackie
Jackie...probably not any deadline. The only thing to consider is Troy's offer on the space and to give him an idea on which space we'd need....smaller or larger room. Then we can also make plans on if we need to bring something to view it on. A rough head count would be good.
nancy c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-07, 07:11 AM  
nancy c
Tri-ing!

One other thing to mention.... a Sunday would be ideal for the studio. It's closed to members and it was suggested this would be a better day.
Old 02-10-07, 06:04 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Ok, let's take action ...

Need a show of hands ....

We have a place to do the Hardcore 100. Thanx NanC!
Who's in and who's talk???

Looks like Sunday would work out better as far as a place to hold the event.

A little shuffling of my schedule, but I'll ask for the day off from WallyWorld (seems weird to say that since I'm not even back to work there since my surgery ..... Oh yeah - soon enough) .....

So, this would make it May 6th, if everyone is agreeable to this. I think it's awesome that NanC is able to secure a place for us ..... Not an easy feat.

I think once the date, place, time etc is set .... we can start a new thread.

So, who's in ?? Who's agreeable to Sunday may 6th....????

I'm in ... (although I don't know if I can actually DO the Hardcore 100 by then ....) and Sunday the 6th works for me.

NEXT?????

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-07, 06:28 AM  
nancy c
Tri-ing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda
I'm in ... (although I don't know if I can actually DO the Hardcore 100 by then ....) and Sunday the 6th works for me.

NEXT?????

Cleda
This comment got me thinking. I started trying to catch up to you and Brendas training for the Longest day by digging my heals in at the start of the year so I could ride in mid June. I wasn't sure I'd be ready either but, if you recall....the plan was to go as far as I could with you guys and then sag-out if I had to. Training time is a little shorter..but so is the "event" time.

Don't underestimate that base of yours Cled....dig your heals in, train and you (of all people) can sit your butt on a trainer for 5....measly....hours . Just train.

May 6 looks good for me...I'm just double checking on the exact date but let's assume it's a go!
Old 02-10-07, 10:58 AM  
SueNJ
VF Supporter

I may be sleeping in my car, but I'm in. I've missed out on way too many fun torture sessions with VFers to pass up on this one.

Cleda, I'm not sure I'll be 100% by then, but I can probably train my butt to sit on a bike seat faster than I can train the rest of me to Spinerval for 5+ hours.

Sue
Old 02-10-07, 01:33 PM  
Daphne M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy c
Digging this thread back out....

So, how serious was everyone on heading to Troy's studio, Strong and Focused, just north of Baltimore for a day spent with Hardcore 100? Was everyone still looking at May 5th?
Yes...No...how many?
I am WICKED in. This is the goal I need. I can't wait to start training. (Maybe another week and I can start riding again. Recovering from fractured/sprained ankle. Blech.)
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-07, 01:42 PM  
Daphne M

P.S. -- Since we're talking about a Sunday, those of us who could make it a weekend affair -- Saturday could be a swim and/or run training day. Or go for a bike ride. Lots of places to train in the area. And eat. And drink.

Cleda -- I'll be coming off a broken ankle and starting practically from scratch myself. I've been the comeback kid before. Many times, actually. After a mere two weeks of baby steps, you suddenly start to progress by leaps and bounds. That base really doesn't go away. It's amazing. The hard part is holding yourself back so that you don't overdo it and develop some new issue.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-07, 02:06 PM  
nancy c
Tri-ing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne M
P.S. -- Since we're talking about a Sunday, those of us who could make it a weekend affair -- Saturday could be a swim and/or run training day. Or go for a bike ride. Lots of places to train in the area. And eat. And drink.
Yup...since we're biking on Sunday I'm going to switch my long run and do it on Saturday while there.

n
Old 02-10-07, 02:44 PM  
SueNJ
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne M
HA! Eat and drink--now there's something I don't have to train for!