Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-04-20, 08:46 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Beth - sorry you have cranky shoulders. I feel for ya. Maybe you need some CBD too. I'm supposed to do lots of forward folds to keep my vertebrae from overlapping. If I could prop myself up in Child's Pose I'd sleep for a week.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 09:50 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Today's Workout: Day 4 of Jessica Smith's Healthy For the Holidays rotation was the Strength Interval Walk from her Walk On Major Metabolism Booster DVD. I'm glad that tomorrow is a stretch routine!

I found out that after I left work at my library at 2pm yesterday, things got more and more crowded to where the election people came out and set up additional voting booths inside the library proper (the Voting Center was in our adjacent community room). The staff spent today trying to tidy everything up for reopening to the public tomorrow (not as successfully as I would have liked ).

My niece does some work for a company that produces CBD oils. I've never tried any of the products, though. Hmmm, maybe I should ask her about something for my knees!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 11:34 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings....
~20 min gliding
~WOW: 30 min Bon Jovi walk
~Essentrics workout - 45 min practice for tomorrow’s class
~Steps: 7838

A bit sore from yesterday’s needling so keeping it gentle.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 05:50 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Paine - I usually wake up several times during the night but last night I slept from before 9:30p til 5:15a. Using the CBD closer to bedtime helped me sleep better.

Sandra - CBD helps my wrists and back pain. Maybe it relaxes me so much I don't care if they hurt.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 10:40 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Cathe Perfect30 Perfect Flow (Mobility Basics practice)

When I saw the video clip of Cathe's Perfect Flow Mobility Basics, I caved and bought it. It was very nice and felt good but it had a bit more strength involved than I expected and I'm feeling that I need more Yin yoga at this time in my life. I will definitely keep this DVD for days when I want a more activating practice. I want to try the Core Bonus, which is only 10 minutes. I doubt I will do the Yoga Strength & Flexibility workout since it is more traditional yoga with sun salutations (which I hate!). I wish Cathe would make a Yin Yoga DVD!!!
Here is a video clip of Cathe's Mobility Basics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K25H...ExerciseVideos
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 10:46 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I saw that a lot of people were talking about that Cathe routine! I checked the clips and recognized her studio from KCM's routines (although Cathe has it more fixed up).

Linda, I know one of my co-workers uses CBD oil - she's our alcohol & other drug program coordinator, haha. I know she finds it helpful.

I saw someone recommended this neck/shoulder video on Facebook, so I'm going to try to do some in the office today:
https://www.facebook.com/10095544811...26124474804424

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 10:20 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: I did Day 5 of Jessica Smith's Healthy For the Holidays rotation, which was the Flexibility & Relaxation routine from her Gentle Yoga Stretch DVD. On the rotation Day 6 is the "wild card" day, and Day 7 is a rest day. However, I'm going to flip those since Day 6 (my Friday) is the best day to excuse myself from a workout. Day 7 will be my "wild card" day.

Today our library branch reopened to the public for the first time since we closed back in March. We are limiting capacity and time allowed inside, and have also removed most of the seating, etc. to discourage too much lingering. However, the folks who ventured in all told us how happy they were that we were back! I was glad to see them also.

Paine: My local VF buddy ordered Cathe's new set, and she already knows I am interested in seeing that mobility workout after she tries it out.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 10:37 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics - The standing/barre combo is a hit with the girls.
~5 km neighborhood & trail walk
~Kyra Pro 20 min Mama Mia Dance workout (YT) - This was okay, but the three commercial interruptions were very annoying.
~Yin yoga class on Google Drive - Very nice, she played the singing bowls at the beginning & end.
~Active release on my Glutes & TFL with a Yoga tune Up ball - ouch! But I think it helps, lol.
~Steps: 10,093

Sandra - Goad your library opening went smoothly. Jessica’s holiday rotation sounds very nice.

Paine - I’ve heard mixed reviews of Cathe’s Mobility workout. I am not a fan of sun salutations either. I like a standing flow, but otherwise I like to be on the floor.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 08:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF!

I, for one, am super duper happy to see the door close on the a$$ of this week. Catching up a little on my minimalist past couple days which made the most of my Glo subscription:

Wednesday - Two meditations: Destress and Focus by Rod Stryker and Support Restful Sleep by Felicia Tomasko; tried to be more active at work. Also meditated in the morning instead of watching the news.

Thursday - Tao Yin 101 class 4, Empowered Core; managed to get over 6,000 steps. Repeat morning meditation.

Pam, adding the singing bowls to a yin class sounds magical. Ugh - I see Hell Balls.

Sandra it's nice to hear your library reopened and it went well. A couple months ago I got a call out of the blue from my library that a book I'd checked out in February became available. I didn't even know they had reopened and it was the happiest surprise I've had all year!

Everyone make it a great day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 10:28 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margaret's Good 'N Strong Volume 1: Upper Body work
Volume 2: calves; Abs
Yoga in the Garden of Serenity (Torso practice)

I hadn't done Good 'N Strong since before we moved 8 1/2 months ago. It was one of the very few DVDs I kept after all our belongings had been shipped and I had done that workout so much that I got burned out on it. Well this morning I felt an urge to do that workout and I enjoyed it.
I loved doing the Torso practice from Yoga in the Garden of Serenity. It's a wonderful hip, shoulder and hamstring stretch that felt great.

Happy Friday!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote