Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-21-20, 07:49 AM  
Vantreesta

We got probably 3 inches of wet heavy snow yesterday. It came down pretty much the whole time we had daylight. It's unusual to have it stick and accumulate like this for the first snow if the season. Well, I guess it did spit a long time the day before and not stick, but still unusual. The snow is so heavy it weighed down the bushes and my lights are probably almost on the ground now.

I don't know why I can't get myself together to post and stick to my workouts. My new computer did come last week and hubby got it ready for me so maybe that will get me posting more and then I'll need smthg to report!

Katie, praying you and DH are recovering from covid. Be well, my friend.

MT,I laughed at you talking to your mummy! I found myself telling myself stories about my village as I set it up and my skeletons have names.

Sherry, I agree, everything seems to take so much effort, although going to stores felt that way for me before covid. I had thought about doing curbside pickup but my aversion was not covid related so I decided I really need to push myself to still get out and go in stores.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 12:36 PM  
Vantreesta

http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=229662

It's a little early but I went ahead and started the November thread. I have been thinking about my goals and things I want to change so just decided to go ahead and post it.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-22-20, 07:20 AM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday was a rough day emotionally but I know it's gonna be that way and I know I will make it through. I'm thankful I had two amazing moms to miss!

I signed up for the new back pain yoga series on DoYou (used to be DoYouYoga). It's offered free this week. I think once you sign up you can access them whenever you want even though they will no longer be offered free after this week but I'm not positive. I've been meaning to get started but hasn't happened yet. Hopefully today.

Old 10-22-20, 09:44 PM  
Vantreesta

I forgot I actually have smthg to report for the first time in like a week. This morning I did day 1 of the DoYouYoga Anti Back Pain Yoga series. I intended to do more but it never happened. We had rain and freezing rain almost all day so instead of our nice long morning walk I snuggled in on the couch in my robe under a blanket and wrote in my journal.

Old 10-22-20, 10:22 PM  
Leonana

Vannie, a day to snuggle sounds nice and relaxing, and a good way for self care. I'm sorry you had a bad day, but I admire you for also seeing the positive.

I'm still doing my Jessica Smith workouts, and riding my exercise bike in the evenings sometimes. In fact, I think I will do that this evening. Our weather has cooled off a lot, and I am so happy about that!
Old 10-23-20, 01:01 AM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, I honestly really did enjoy this morning. I wished I could do it every morning but I'm already trying to figure out how to fit everything in! And we both missed our walk this morning. Maybe I can choose one morning a week to do it.

I'm glad you're getting so much use out of your bike. My bike is on a trainer in the basement and my tires are flat yet again. I have no idea why I'm incapable of airing them up myself. I'm gonna have to have hubby show me again this wknd.

The high on Monday is supposed to be 22! Seems early but I'd have to check old walk calendars to find out. They're not saying 46 for Halloween which would be nice, imo, but it wouldn't still be that warm at trick or treat time. I haven't decided on a costume yet.

Old 10-25-20, 08:22 PM  
MathTeacher

We just finished our first nine weeks of school. It is amazing how fast it has gone. The kids are coming four days. Friday is a virtual day for them. We still have to come in to work. I got a lot done Friday.

Sherry, Are you planning to get the new mysterious Jessica Smith workouts? I'm really curious about them.

Vannie, I remembering saying to my mom one Halloween, "Ballerinas do not wear coats." I don't think the little ghosts and goblins will have that problem this year.

Hugs, Katie! I hope you and DH are better.
Old 10-25-20, 08:42 PM  
Leonana

Vannie, wow 22 already. Sounds a bit chilly! But I know you like the colder weather.

Our weather has finally cooled off, high was in the 80's today. But we have a cold front moving in, and it will be in the 60's tomorrow, which is highly unusual for October. The weather is so crazy this year, either hotter or colder than usual. But it should be back to the low 80's by the end of the week. My favorite weather is highs in the 80's and lows in the 60's, with our usual low humidity of 10-20%. I took a bike ride yesterday morning along the canal path, and really enjoyed it.

I don't think I will have any kids for Halloween this year, normally I only get about 5 or 6.

MT, yes I will get the Jessica workouts. I'm just happy to know that they are in the editing stage. I'm sure I will like them, I always do. Unless she puts out something along really advanced like Cathe, I'll be happy, lol. I can't remember what she said about previous releases, but I don't think she described them until after the release. I think we're just noticing it more now because the release has been delayed so long. Can't fault her for that, a worldwide pandemic doesn't come up every day. Although, my memory is fuzzy, so maybe she did describe them more in emails.
Old 10-29-20, 06:12 AM  
Vantreesta

I haven't even opened Perfect 30 yet. I hope to download the guide today or tmrw and look over it. I'm thinking about doing in November whatever rotation there is and considering doing the Rowvember challenge Dark Horse Rowing on YouTube has, to row every day of the month. I already know I won't be able to do every day though so can't decide. Plus I haven't rowed in months and wasn't consistent ever so I don't know if I'll get sick of it. Running is off the table right now as my glutes and hamstrings are really flaring up and hurting even with short jogs across the street and just in general. And getting worse, so I gotta get back to lower body PT. Sigh. So far this week on Mon and Tue I did days 2 and 3 of the DYY Anti Back Pain Yoga series and foam rolled Tue and Wed. Going forward for now I will be modifying yoga with props to make sure I am not stretching and irritating my hamstrings. I'm also trying to sit less and hoping our long walks aren't exacerbating anything.

Old 10-29-20, 03:34 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I've been dealing with a secondary infection post covid. I'm seeing improvements but stamina comes and goes. Our weather got very cold(zero), snowy and now mud so I'm not getting outside much. Belle and I could use a good walk. I hope to join the November challenge maybe a couple weeks in. Hope you are all doing well!! Hugs!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote