Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-20, 05:56 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Hey Kim!

I'm doing both. Sorry it's confusing.. I do XFactor ST then I pair a Ruthless afterwards. On off days, I do a cardio day, CS/ pilates, or a total body weights workout. (Healthy dose of rest days as needed.) I am reading that and I guess it IS confusing, lol.

So here's the block I just finished:
Block #1
  • T25 Beta Dynamic core
  • XFST #1 plus Ruthless Ringside
  • Pilates
  • XFST#2 plus Ruthless Wicked lower body
  • Pilates plus stretchy yoga
  • Tamilee wt loss walk mile #2 plus Tom Holland Total Body Workout
  • Rest

Hope that makes sense!
Yes, it makes sense. I do get confused though with the abbreviations. Not just you, but the ones that everyone uses here. I guess my brain doesn't process them like other people

Tonight I did another virgin from my pile. Amy Bento All Cardio Hi-Lo Knockout. I got this one from one of Mary's sales this year. It's a lot of fun, but sort of tricky in the choreography. It's also HARD! I did the first two combos and then did a nice long cooldown and stretch on my own and had myself a nice 45 minute workout. I don't feel like I can move it out of my virgin pile yet though because I only did the first two combinations. There are a total of 4 combos and she also has a core section. But who am I kidding, I'm not going to do the core section.
Old 11-23-20, 09:06 PM  
Jules

Hi Gals!

I have been kind of grumpy lately and missing the endorphins from cardio, so I decided to do Cathe's Low Impact Circuit this morning. I used a 6" step and kept the weights light.

My son tested negative and he is back at school and playing b-ball. I am glad there are only a couple weeks left of his season- it has been kind of stressful. My husband picked ds up after his game tonight so I had extra time after work to do Flexibility & Beyond: Fountain of Youth plus a 10 minute meditation!

Kim: Great job getting thru that virgin pile! I have some Amy Bento step and kickbox workouts, but I rarely reach for them b/c the choreo is so dang difficult! I know if I took the time to really learn them that I would love her workouts, but it is so much easier to stick to the tried-and-true.

Linda: Today I was thinking about taking advantage of Cathe's Black Friday deals and signing up for 15% off Cathe Live. Don't really need any more choices right now tho.... I'll decide this weekend. Which of her workouts are you contemplating?

Kate: The Blissful Hips sounds fabulous! Glad you liked the new Cathe Live. Are you still getting lots of snow? We had a dusting this morning but not enough to break out the shovel.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 09:21 PM  
Mickey12

Jules great news about your son testing negative. It must be so stressful waiting to get the results. Yes, Amy’s choreography is pretty tricky. Sometimes I just do my own thing when she gets too complicated. I agree, if I did the workouts a few times and really learned the moves, her workouts would be crazy fun.

Tonight I did two more workouts to get through my virgin pile. I did an episode of Gilad’s Total Body Sculpt then a 30 minute Walk with George (Foreman) workout. They’re both on the easier side. Well, the walking workouts are downright beginner, but I feel like I got some decent weight work with Gilad and then at least did some movement for the day.

I hope everyone has a safe Thanksgiving. We are having dinner with only two other family members that have been in our bubble for a long while. It’s actually not going to be that different than any other Thanksgiving for us.
Old 11-24-20, 07:25 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi girls!!
Here we go, sneaking up on Thanksgiving really fast! Are you ready?

Kim: You make me want to get Amy Bento All Cardio Hi-Lo Knockout again. I know I had it AGES ago...so long ago I don't even have it in my exercise log. But I always liked her. Hmmm. Reacquire?

Jules: No now all the snow is melted as temps have been in the 30s and 40s. What a relief on the negative test!!

My week so far:
Yesterday I did Cathe Live 303 Bootcamp Heavy Weights. I actually ran through it twice but the 2nd time I skipped all the cardio and just did the weight work. Very fun and poor Cathe there all by herself trying to keep us motivated.

Today I needed a change of pace. I've been doing mostly Cathe workouts since late Feb so felt like switching things up this week. So I dug out Insanity Max Interval Circuit. I always though of Insanity as being the hardest workouts I own. Bob Harper is right up there too.
What fun though today! Sweaty and heart pounding but it felt SO GOOD! Cardio endorphins to the max!

So the rest of the week will be some Insanity and one more Cathe Live. Then in December we'll see. I still have plenty of Cathe's I haven't worked through yet.

Yoga all week has been through Gaia and more of David Magone's practices. He and Troy Hadeed are worth the subscription price.

HUGS

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 07:30 PM  
Jules

Hello! The kids and I had the day off today which was great. I got a few things done around the house that I had been putting off.. Then I decided to try out Perfect 30 High Impact HiiT. Whew! I have not done much cardio for the past 2 months so my heart was pounding. My Apple watch says I burned 295 calories.
I followed it up with Ali MacGraw's Yoga Mind & Body - oldie but goodie.

Kate: Bowing down to you for tackling Max Interval Circuit! I would like to think that someday I will do the Insanity workouts again although I will probably never do a full rotation. Shaun T motivates me to reach my personal best like no other.

Kim: I forgot that George Foreman led some workouts. I bet he is a lot of fun as a walking buddy.

Like you ladies we are celebrating a low-key Thanksgiving this year. Lots of yummy food on the menu including filet mignon.

Hugs and waves to all!
Old 11-29-20, 05:30 PM  
Malinda

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry for falling off the map for a while. Life just sort of took off without me, but it's all good! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

DH and I did a little car trip to a remote cabin on a river in West Texas for a few days. We took our own food and I cleaned every surface, door knobs, light switches, etc. with bleach cleaner as soon as we got there. We just hung out; played games, read, worked out, and went on walks. It was nice. We got back home the day before Thanksgiving. We had Thanksgiving dinner with some good friends who have been socially isolating.

I bailed on my last week of LIIFT4. I love those workouts, but for some reason, I just couldn't make myself do the last week's worth. I've been doing a mishmash of Turbo Fire and Core de Force, plus I've revisited a couple of The Prep workouts. I want to focus on a rotation, but I'm going to wait until after DH's shoulder surgery this Friday, and probably beyond that until he is at least a week or two into his recovery. I just get too stressed when I'm trying to care for him -- he is stubborn, and a bit of a baby when it comes to pain.

I love reading about all of the workouts y'all are doing! My workout today was Turbo Fire - Fire 30. And I cleaned house.

Have a lovely evening!
Old 11-29-20, 09:07 PM  
fanofladyvols

Jules the only workout I picked up from Cathe was her Stretch Max on sale.. Did you decide on getting Live?

Malinda my husband is a terrible patient so I totally understand. Love the sound of your getaway too.

Kate love the idea of Insanity. One day I will have to tackle Insanity!

Kim I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Sending well wishes to all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-20, 07:31 PM  
Jules

Hey Gals! It was hard to go to work today after those 5 days off! I did not work out much over TG as it was a lot of family time on Thursday followed by Christmas shopping online with my husband all day Friday. We got most gifts ordered although a couple of our best ideas for the kids were already sold out.

On Saturday I tried Perfect 30 Low Impact HiiT. I didn't go anaerobic but it was a simple and solid cardio routine that I will do again when I don't want to think too hard. This one would be a good travel workout since it is free of equipment. I followed it up with Perfect 30 Mobility.

Today I did Cathe's 4 Day Split Higher Intensity Step plus core. For yoga I did Travis' Short & Sweet #1. I really like doing 30 minutes of cardio followed by 30 minutes of stretching so I want to stick to this format for now. I will have to decide how to fit in some strength as well. Not sure if I want to do 30 minutes of strength followed by yoga or just do a BodyPump a couple times per week?

Starting next week I will have more time to work out since my son's basketball season is ending and I won't have to do as much driving after school. My daughter is in Speech & Debate this year instead of basketball and all her debates are online this year.

Malinda: Kickboxing is always good for stress relief!

Linda: I decided not to get Cathe Live right now. I am sure I will cave at some point though since I have enjoyed it in the past.
Old 12-02-20, 12:47 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Well did I get busy again! With the holidays and working in online retail, I've been hurrying to get products mechandised asap. I love it though.

Jules: I have never tried a proper Insanity rotation because I think it would just be too much, even for me. My legs get sore! But I do love to mix them in and at 58, I'm just happy I can still do them.

Linda: Since you are in the State of Fierce, I think you could do Insanity. I didn't pick up anything on Cathe's sale! I'm oversaturated right now.

Backtracking:
25th - Insanity Core Cardio & Balance + Pure Cardio. Tough, sweaty but good stuff. I love when the screen tells you "don't stop moving" and all the backgrounders are laying on the floor. LOL
No Yoga.

26th nothing but meditation.
27th - Insanity Max Recovery + Cardio Recovery. These two "recovery" workouts always remind me of Yoga Shaun T-style. Not easy but not killer and it felt great at the end of the week.

Mon: Cathe LITE PHA 2. As with Cathe's other PHA workouts, this one was really good. The key for me was to go heavy and I really liked it.
I got Micheline Berry Liquid Asana set from my Secret Santa so I did the Sankalpa practice. Her Yoga is very fluid/flowy but this was good.

Yesterday: Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning & Cardio Abs. SWEATY and Shaun T's C-curve core work burns!! Not a crunch in the bunch but I feel it today.
Yoga: Liquid Asana Beginner’s Mind. Very very flowy with just some mellow moves. Even though it moves it felt restorative.
The music in this set is groovy!

Today was Cathe LITE Metabolic Blast Mix with Calorie Crush, 6 Pack Abs 2 and Ext Stretch. Very excellent. And humbling as I didn't go over 15lbs. Mostly used my 8s and 10s. Shoulder burn. The Calorie Crush was all good basic cardio moves. Abs 2 was excellent (I love Cathe's core work) and very nice long stretch. I feel great!
No Yoga yet. More Micheline?
BTW, I got the two LITE workouts from my SS too. She spoiled me!

So good to see everyone doing so well! Keep it up!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 06:14 PM  
Mickey12

Kate I'm so glad to see you post. I was beginning to worry since you normally post so frequently. I also have Michelene Berry's Liquid Asana. I LOVE the music in that set. It's great.

I got my package from my Secret Santa today and it contained two KCM workouts so I'm going to do one of those tonight. Very excited to have new workouts!

Hope everyone is doing well.