Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-15-20, 08:21 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Lots of walking today, almost 11,000 steps

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-20, 10:13 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your week!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-16-20, 08:48 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with Heather Robertson's Leg Day Strength Workout and walking outdoors. This workout was harder than I expected because she only used 25 lb dumbbells. I switched down for the getups.

Cynthia, singing is definitely a workout! And performing with a band adds a whole other layer! Congrats on beating that tech hurdle.

Cheryl
Old 11-16-20, 09:14 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 45 minutes and walk with DH. More drama at work, so I am planning a change come summer. This situation is not worth it. Luckily it is allowed to have a change in duties. I feel much better having made this decision, and I am going to just going to try to ride out until then keeping my head down and avoiding conflict as much as possible. I haven't told anyone yet, but DH and a close friend who thinks this will be the right move, but eventually I will consult with the HR person about how to manage the transition.

Cynthia, so sorry for the loss of your friend. It is sad to hear these stories. I hope we will see then end of this pandemic before too long.

Cheryl, yikes 25 lbs sounds tough!

Diana, that was great news about Ms. Connie!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-20, 09:35 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, so glad you can do something about work besides retire/quit. Best wishes for getting out of that dare I say snakepit.

25 lb sounds like a superhero LOL.

Finished LBD day 14 -- day 13 was a rest day. And had a nice walk.

Ran into some tech glitches today and needed to consult apple support. Back to recording tomorrow or Wednesday. I will be glad when it's over. I do not find this process enjoyable.

Going to stick with LBD and walks until Thanksgiving at least.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-20, 10:33 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Lynn I'm so glad you will be able to do something different with your job. Hang in there.

Check-In: JS Walk On - Walk & Tone

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-17-20, 09:42 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-17-20, 06:56 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Cynthia, sorry for the loss of your friend. Lemon meringue pie was always my favorite.

Cheryl, Heather's workouts look too hard for me. 25's are long gone but I have 20's. The man holds them both in one hand when he needs to do curls

Lynn, sorry about the work stress. Change can be a good thing. I hope it works out.

Diana, how did you like the YouTube workouts?

I haven't done anything for almost a week. I strained a quad but don't remember how or when. CBD works better for the pain than my prescription anti-inflammatories but my sweetie says CBD makes me sleep too much. He sleeps 2 or 3 hours several times a day. I sleep 9 or 10 hours once. That's not too much.

I had my pre-op tests yesterday. Diabetes runs in the family and because of the pancreatitis everything I eat is carbs, so I worry. Apparently my body likes me eating no/low fat. My labs have never been better. I'm shocked but happy.

I'm going to sit and do some upper body. Then I'm going to have a cbd gummy and go to bed.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-20, 08:15 PM  
seabliss

Today I did two short Fitness Blender upper body strength workouts and walked outdoors.

Lynn, glad you are able to make the change. Now that you have something to look forward to, I hope your stress level is lower!

Linda, wow on your SO! So sorry for the pain you are experiencing. How great that your labs are good!

Cynthia, sometimes she held a single 25 in both hands, so it wasn't terrible. I'm used to doing deadlifts with 25s. I will say that I'm definitely stronger for doing her workouts. The FB workouts today were pretty easy.

I know most of you have experience with thyroid issues. I'm thinking I have them but I want to try something natural first. Have any of you had any improvement with supplements or anything?

We've been eating super healthy since 11/1. DH has lost more than 10 lbs. I have lost 0 or maybe 1 at most (hard to say with water). I really can't do any better eating-wise. I know it's vanity weight but I still care and want efforts to pay off. Also my overall coldness and freezing hands and feet are getting worse. That's why I think I have thyroid issues.

Cheryl
Old 11-17-20, 09:22 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, I have no personal knowledge of any non-Rx regimes helping thyroid. There are always magazine articles on healing your thyroid with food and supplements. They recommend selenium, which I can't bear; to me it smells like rotting bones, sorry. A few months ago I bought the Woman's World (my favorite supermarket magazine, the one with headlines of a diet and pix of dessert) special issue of Heal Your Thyroid. Like me to mail it to you?

The weather, cloudy & humid, didn't tempt me to walk outside. I had my Leslie ramp out of the garage to do the forward lunges in LBD day1. That inspired me to do a Leslie ramp walk. I've been wearing a 6 lb weighted belt for the LBD and for indoor walks. I haven't measured anything lately but my waist has some definition now.

Hi to Linda, Diana, and Lynn.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote