Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-20, 07:50 AM  
Negin

Menopause Barbie

I'm 52 and just realized that according to the definition, I'm now post-menopausal. The average age for menopause is 51. Once you have no longer had your period for twelve consecutive months, you’re post-menopausal.

I'm usually very organized and do my research. Menopause has sadly been the exception and I have been ill-prepared. I’m disappointed with myself. Given my family history, heart disease is more of a concern than breast cancer. Osteoporosis and mental decline may be concerns also.

I recently came across Menopause Barbie's You Tube channel. She prefers that her videos be watched in order. I’ve been watching a few in the past couple of days. She is a bit quirky to say the least, but she knows her stuff, after all, she’s a retired ob-gyn. She doesn't push for anything, more for informational purposes only. Here is more info about her.

Has anyone heard of her? Her book/s are expensive and seem to be out-of-print. She’s also on Facebook. If you have heard of her, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I printed out her lengthy 95-page information handout. I’m going to read it soon, since I think I’m more into reading information than listening. Her videos, although very informative, can be overly lengthy and I can only handle so much quirkiness. I feel like saying, “Get to the point already.”

I’m open to hearing any suggestions for resources that are preferably well-researched and helpful. You Tube, blogs, books, anything. Thank you!

Tags
gall bladder, menopause, menopause barbie, menopause taylor, post-menopause