Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-10-19, 04:51 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
bzar, no I think the shipping is about $6. Very reasonable.
I want to get this, but I just bought some DVDs and I have a mountain of virgins!!

decisions, decisions....

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-19, 05:16 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
I want to get this, but I just bought some DVDs and I have a mountain of virgins!!

decisions, decisions....
Me too! I hit a motherload at one of my local Half Price Books stores last week and I have yet to crack open any of the DVDs. I've never been a particular fan of Denise but neither did I disliked her. I previewed the clips that Jeannine posted and I like what I saw. Her workouts are more appealing to me now that I'm older.

I too would like to know her perkiness level in this set before I decide to buy.
Old 05-11-19, 10:17 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

I did the cardio workout posted here...it was good! I just don't know if I can commit to a whole set of Denise. I want to like her...but I fear these would gather dust. I would love to hear Scorpio's thoughts on the set!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 05:01 PM  
Scorpio6

Well, I got a mediocre response back regarding my request for a rotation schedule for my DVDs. All C/S did was email back the link to the website, apparently you have to sign up for the streaming version and the "customized" plan in order to get a rotation out of them. Fooey on that, I'll just make up my own.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 05:25 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
Well, I got a mediocre response back regarding my request for a rotation schedule for my DVDs. All C/S did was email back the link to the website, apparently you have to sign up for the streaming version and the "customized" plan in order to get a rotation out of them. Fooey on that, I'll just make up my own.
That's too bad. You'd think if you buy their set for $60 they could provide you with a rotation. Let us know what you come up with and how you like the workouts.
Old 05-11-19, 09:03 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i'm quoting from an earlier thread from Dec 2016, scroll all the way to the bottom:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...=208743&page=4

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengirl View Post
I did the Denise Austin 360 plan at the beginning of 2016. I was dealing with a medical condition and it did help me stay motivated to exercise and eat right. I did lose a few pounds that I was unable to do on my own. You can repeat the plan at a discount which I tried twice, but both times I cancelled after 2 weeks.

I've been doing the All Access plan since the end of October and so far I am enjoying it. I started with Denise many years ago when she was on Lifetime TV and it is fun doing the workouts again. The 360 workouts are also good. I don't like dance workouts and I can't do high impact so I mostly used Walk With Me for cardio.

Although there is no formal plan to follow in all access, Denise does make suggestions on four areas for the week - cardio, toning, her favorites and yoga,

If you are a Denise fan or just looking for some variety, you should check this out.
even if you signed up, there was no rotation. according to the quoted post, Denise might have given you suggestions for the week but since i've never joined, not sure whether this is still available for subscribers.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 09:03 AM  
goldengirl

There is a rotation if you take part in the 360 plan. When you register you pick a fitness level and the workouts are based on the level that you choose. The plan is for 10 weeks. I was a level 1. Here is an example

Week 1
M Cardio Walk with me
T Toning Shape up with me
W Cardio Fat Burning Cardio
Th Toning Total Body Toning
F Cardio Walk with me
Super Saturday Fat Blasting Cardio

Week 10
M Cardio Walk with me
T Toning Total Body Toning
W Cardio Super Charged Cardio Burn
Th Toning Barre Toning
F Cardio High Energy Fat Blasting
Super Saturday Yoga

There is a free trial so you can create an account and get the rotation that Denise suggests according to your fitness level but I agree it is easy to make your own plan.

Diane
goldengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 09:15 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Thank you Diane. How did you like her workouts and rotation? Did you finish all 10 weeks?
Old 05-12-19, 09:38 AM  
JessicaW

I am interested in purchasing this dvd set! However, it's quite expensive to ship to Canada ($18). Does anyone know of a coupon code for Denise Austin?
JessicaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 10:04 AM  
goldengirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Thank you Diane. How did you like her workouts and rotation? Did you finish all 10 weeks?
I am a fan of Denise so I did enjoy the workouts. She is calm in them, cues well and is encouraging. At the end of the 10 weeks I definitely saw improvement in my fitness.

When choosing your fitness level there is a test that you take that includes push-ups, sit and reach, planks and walk/run.

I hope you enjoy the workouts.

Diane
goldengirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
denise austin, denise austin 360, denise austin befit, denise austin lifefit, lifefit, lifefit 360