Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-15, 08:23 AM  
FitForever

Question Rebounder, anyone???

Hi Everyone,

I'm a long time member who has fell off the radar for several years. I left home exercise to teach Zumba, do Crossfit, and join various gyms, programs, etc. Long story short, I've sustained several foot injuries which caused an abrupt end to Zumba & Crossfit. I've tried many other gyms/programs, but found the cost to be astronomical. Somehow, everything I like costs $130+ per month, lol!!! It's crazy how expensive good fitness costs!

Anyway, I've decided to go back to home exercising. Lord knows I have enough equipment/DVDs to keep me busy! Unfortunately due to my injuries, as well as arthritis in my knees & ankles, I am unable to do anything high impact. I need to modify most things as I can no longer jump without being in pain. It doesn't help that I've gained about 25# in the last 5 years either, ugh!

For cardio, I enjoy walking (outside & Leslie), and I have a spin bike. I'd like to add rebounding to the mix. It really looks fun!!! And... I miss the fun & intensity of jumping around like I did in Zumba.

But before I invest in yet another piece of equipment - a few questions for all you rebounders out there - do you like it? Is it worth the cost? Is it as fun as I think it may be, lol? Easy on the joints? What type do you own? And lastly, what workouts do you love to do? I'm eyeing some of the Fitness Favorites G-Force DVDs, but welcome any suggestions.

Thanks for reading this & TIA for all of your input. I look forward to being a part of this great forum again.

Chris
FitForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-15, 08:46 AM  
upperwside

I have a few rebounders (Bellicon and Jumpsport). I love them and they get used daily by my children and I. It is my go to for cardio and just an all around feeling good having fun workout. I will watch a tv program or listen to music and bounce for 20 minutes to an hour. I would recommend a bungee rebounder only due to the soft bounce. I do not do any dvd's.. just bounce and have fun.. I mostly jog or do high knees. My Bellicon was worth every penny... it's a dream!!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-15, 10:44 AM  
horsemom2

check this thread about the new PROBounce bungees:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=211785

I always use pumping music and do a Dance-Walk- Healthbounce Fusion, either freestyling or following some moves in any video with simple to follow moves
Here are playlists of videos I have recorded, mostly on the 550 JumpSport and more recently on the 48 inch PROBounce with ultra cords:
http://neverendingplateau.blogspot.c...-exercise.html

Another way to test if you will like rebounding is to sit on a large stability ball and bounce.
It is perfect cardio with vulnerable feet and joints.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-15, 07:34 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I still have my Urban Rebounder. I have been rebounding about 3 times a week lately. If I didn't already have a rebounder, I would definitely get one of the bungee models. I have Fitness Favorites G-Force, and G-Force 2, and I love both of them! I think rebounding is a really great form of low impact exercise, and it seems to have some great health benefits.
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-15, 07:39 AM  
momof10

Chris - I have 4 Bellicons. I also have a rebounding group on Facebook. That being said I have about 135 videos I have created and produced to use with the rebounder. Check out my YouTube channel and see all that you can do with a rebounder. Click on one of the playlists you are interested in.

Cheryl

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCJpvpFeEaI0LVTvcwmMTBng
Old 09-27-15, 08:00 AM  
killoffsonny

I have had a Jumpsport for about three years now. It ...........and walking....are about all the cardio I do now. As Ive gotten older I HAVE to protect my joints. I had a cheap spring rebounder before I got the Jumpsport. I found that my feet would ache after jumping on it for thirty minutes. Not so with a bungee cord rebounder. I don't bounce to videos. I just turn on digital music and bounce to that from 30-40 minutes. I use it two or three times a week.
Old 09-28-15, 02:44 AM  
Daizyduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
Chris - I have 4 Bellicons. I also have a rebounding group on Facebook. That being said I have about 135 videos I have created and produced to use with the rebounder. Check out my YouTube channel and see all that you can do with a rebounder. Click on one of the playlists you are interested in.

Cheryl

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCJpvpFeEaI0LVTvcwmMTBng
I just received my pro-bounce a couple of days ago. If you don't mind, what is the name of your FB rebounding group? Thank you.

Patty
Daizyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-15, 04:37 AM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daizyduke View Post
I just received my pro-bounce a couple of days ago. If you don't mind, what is the name of your FB rebounding group? Thank you.

Patty
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6197110&type=3

Cheri
Old 09-28-15, 07:44 AM  
mmis29

The only rebounder workouts I've ever really fell in love with were a couple from the Extreme Urban Rebounding Series that JB Berns put out a few years ago. It's a set of 10 with all similar names so I couldn't tell you which specifically I like by name :/ but I love JB Berns cardio one,
Gay Gaspar's and Patrick Goudeau's. Amy Bento's was good too but it was too high impact for me (lots of jumping off the rebounder).

I struggle with impact too these days, and I've found a few goodies that don't bother my joints at all. They aren't rebounder friendly but thought I'd share in case you are looking for some others. 5 of them use gliding discs, which I am in love with!

Cathe After Burn
Cathe Slide & Glide
Cathe Athletic Training
Piyo Strong Legs
Piyo full body blast
Gilad Step & Tone (dated but effective lol)
Turbo Fire Low 20 and Low 25 (I use weighted gloves to make it more intense)
Old 09-29-15, 08:11 AM  
FitForever

Thank you so much to everyone who replied!!! You have all been very helpful. A friend of mine is giving me an inexpensive rebounder she barely used. It's a Stamina that has bands rather than springs. I know its a cheapo model, but hey, it's free and I can see if rebounding is something I want to permanently add to my rotation. The other rebounders that you all have & love seem wonderful, but I'm not in a position to spend that much $$ right now. If I like rebounding, maybe a nice one would be in my future as a Christmas gift from my hubby, lol .

I also ordered the G-Force package from Fitness Favorites. Seemed like a good deal & I've always liked their workouts.

Once I get my rebounder, I will check out the blogs & videos some of you have posted. They look great! .

Lastly, thanks to mmis29 for the list of other low-impact suggestions. A few of those Cathe's are on my wish list.

So happy to be back to this group again. I've always gotten such awesome ideas & feedback from all of you.

Have a super week!

Chris
FitForever is offline   Reply With Quote