Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-01-20, 07:02 AM  
laurajhawk

Silver linings: Living in workout clothes

I've been working from home since early March. I'm so glad that I've always "allowed" myself to have plenty of workout clothes that I like (including some cute yoga clothes for studio classes), because I wear almost nothing else now! My workplace is informal - I've noticed other people in our morning meeting in their workout clothes - and my webcam setup doesn't show much of my outfit during videoconferences anyway; it's mainly my face/head.

My harem pants are also getting some use, but real clothes - nah.

What are you wearing?

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 07:30 AM  
wendug

I might be in the minority here, but I still get up and get dressed as usual. I'm trying to stick to a routine for some sense of normalcy, which includes dressing in my normal (yet casual) clothing and putting on makeup. I really only go out to walk my dogs and for trips to the grocery store, vet, shops, etc. so it doesn't matter what I wear, but I like to differentiate between "out in public" clothing vs. "relaxing at home" clothing.
Old 08-01-20, 08:19 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

Before I was furloughed I would still get up at my normal time, shower, put on a little make-up and dress as if going to the office. Normal was jeans and a top as our place was super casual.

My son's girlfriend keeps a blazer/jacket on a hanger next to her at-home work space and when she has a video meeting will put it on over her pajama top and pop in some earrings. She has gorgeous long blonde hair that she typically wears in a ponytail anyway so with the earrings and jacket she's good to go.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 08:42 AM  
alisoncooks

Well, I WAH anyway (homeschool, haha) so I've lived in loungewear for the past decade. I'll admit, I love that active wear is more socially accepted as public wear. Now I don't have to change when I go out.

(I'm not a slob. I shower and do hair and makeup daily. I just prefer casual clothing.)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 08:57 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I put on workout clothes first thing to go on a walk and then workout later. Sometimes, I change into casual clothes - "regular" shorts and top - after that and sometimes I don't. I love that it doesn't matter.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 09:20 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've been WFH since March and using the video for meetings varies. Some use it, some don't, but when I do, I wear a t-shirt. Some people get dressed as if they're in the office, but I see no reason to do that. I angle the camera so you can only see my head anyway. I don't go out very often but wear usual summer casual clothes. My dressier work clothes have not been worn at all.
Old 08-01-20, 10:07 AM  
DCW

I am WFH now too. I typically workout in the morning and would switch to an employer polo shirt. Then we lost AC. I started staying in my workout clothes just because of the lack of AC. And I never went back. I do keep a jacket if I HAVE to show my face.

I prefer workout clothes because I walk for my lunch break and then I can slip on shoes and go. If I have any obstacles like changing clothes I may change my mind about walking in the heat. We have sidewalks and a nearby park so I can get in a good walk. I am going to indulge myself one day and get on the swings and play equipment.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 10:23 AM  
Hsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I might be in the minority here, but I still get up and get dressed as usual. I'm trying to stick to a routine for some sense of normalcy, which includes dressing in my normal (yet casual) clothing and putting on makeup. I really only go out to walk my dogs and for trips to the grocery store, vet, shops, etc. so it doesn't matter what I wear, but I like to differentiate between "out in public" clothing vs. "relaxing at home" clothing.
I try to to do this but I can't say I manage it every day. I am now back to the office 2 times a week and I love getting dressed, full makeup and jewelry. The good thing is that my company did not end up making going back to the office mandatory and the office building is virtually empty. There are 10-15 people at my company in a space that holds over 200.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 10:48 AM  
BunnyHop

I've had to add regular weigh-ins since I don't always get dressed to go out. All that elastic and spandex can hide the fact that my shape is changing and weighing in a few times a week is a good reminder to stay mindful about the food supply.
Old 08-01-20, 10:55 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
I've had to add regular weigh-ins since I don't always get dressed to go out. All that elastic and spandex can hide the fact that my shape is changing and weighing in a few times a week is a good reminder to stay mindful about the food supply.
Yes! Loungewear is deceptively forgiving!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clothes, clothing, coronavirus, covid-19