Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-20, 07:25 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - 2020 Be Like: January, February, Pandemic, December. 7/19

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-20, 08:05 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I figured I'd get requests for pictures of my cards, so they have been added to my album. They are basically variations of the same card. I really like it and may make it again. This was my second stab at making cards. I didn't take a picture of the very first card I made, but that's okay. I wasn't very enthralled with it and learned a lot making it. I sent it to Mom and Dad because I figured they would be enthusiastic about anything I made. They just enjoy getting mail.

Yesterday was a strange day. The first part of the day seemed like Saturday and the second part seemed like Sunday. (I'm lucky to remember today is actually Sunday.) We didn't leave the house except to take a walk in the morning. It followed our usual current pattern of hot and sunny with thunderstorms in the late afternoon/evening. I cooked and did some crafting and caught up on some stuff on the computer. And I did a workout by Billy Blanks from his living room. It got me moving faster than I usually do, which is good.

Today, I have a tutoring session at 1:30 on Excel. And I'll cook for DH again. Other than that, I'll see what I get into. I'm reading quite a bit these days both on my Kindle app and physical library books.

Paula - No one in our neighborhood uses masks when walking, but when people are approaching each other on the sidewalk, one person/group will move onto the street to get away from the others. It has become a common dance. But we live in a quiet neighborhood where walking in the street is no problem. I don't know if WalMart will make people happy to wear masks, but maybe willing. I'm not Beth, but PEI is Prince Edward Island, an island province to the northwest of Nova Scotia.

Anita - It's strange what is a treat these days. It's great you got in a drive while picking up the walker. And, YAY on getting the walker. I didn't know what you were talking about with the stage, so I went and looked. I posted the pictures of the house the previous owners had up when trying to sell the house because the house was a disaster area when you all asked for pictures. That was the previous owners' desk in the office. It really does look like a stage in that picture!

Dede - I hope DH is okay after mowing. If he shouldn't be mowing, he probably should go walking either. Sorry you don't have anyone to walk with.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-19-20, 08:51 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Finally a break from the severe heat we've been having lately! Strong storms came through last night, but everything OK here.

I'm planning on giving Gus a walk and doing some more yard work while the weather stays on the cooler side. I'll be doing some house laundry also (bed stuff and rug stuff).

Paula, I'll need to find the gaiter type masks also - the ones I have don't pull up and down easily. I've given up on trying to style my hair much - no blow dryer even! My head gets so sweaty wet it looks exactly like I just showered, so basically I keep my hair just combed after showering. Works for me these days! My only problem is that night sweating with my head on a pillow leaves hair standing up in weird directions . I used to have long hair but have basically given up on trying that nowadays.

Laura, Thanks for adding your cards to the album! Weird that that was a near corner of a desk in that photo - looked like a six inch platform on the floor! I do know some home exercisers put in the bouncy type floor to support them for aerobics or weight training - that would be a six inch platform on the floor!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart!)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-20, 06:02 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a nice day. I had my tutoring session and it went well. A friend of ours put out watermelons for free (he works for some kind of a farming organization/association) and I ran over and picked one up. We talked to a friend on the phone and caught up. And I fixed one of DH's favorite dinners, chicken livers. I was supposed to go over to visit with Mom and Dad's, but there was too much going on today so I'll go tomorrow.

Anita I think the husband of the couple who lived here before is tall, so I guess it was the angle. I could see what you meant when I looked. Send your cooler weather to the southeast! And enjoy it while it lasts. I dry my hair when I take my shower in the evening so that it won't be wet when I go to bed. But I do it was quickly as possible, just to get it dry. When I shower in the afternoon, it dries on its own. It makes sense to me!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-19-20, 08:26 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yin Yoga with Travis Eliot.

Laura, thanks for getting us started. That theme says it all, pandemic, still pandemic, still more pandemic... Glad people in your neighborhood are willing to social distance. It's an easy thing to do, I can't understand why so many are resistant. Thanks for explaing PEI.

Anita, we're all getting used to new hair styles. I sweat at night too. I see people on YouTube saying stuff like you shouldn't wash your face in the morning just splash some water on it. I think, you have no idea how sweaty and sticky my face feels in the morning. Washing my face is one of the first things I do after getting up, combing my hair too. Gotta check out Laura's cards.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-20, 08:27 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Laura, love the butterfly cards - beautiful
Old 07-20-20, 07:38 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus doing some yard work and putzing around - eek it's almost a month before surgery! My friend called me to ask about living downstairs but she got really busy with a FB sale of her yard equipment so couldn't continue talking on the phone.

Laura, I like your cards - very pretty and peaceful! Nice to get a free watermelon! I miss the old fashioned watermelon with seeds - only seedless ones are offered at my grocery store and I've seen some weird garden ones (like yellow insides) that people grow in their gardens. Frankly, I haven't been out to farmer's markets this year to try to find these weirdos . Chicken livers as favorites? What else did you cook or how do you cook them to make these a favorite?

Paula, I admit that on days I don't shower, I just splash water on my face in the morning - I don't put on lots of cremes or makeup for that to be on my skin.

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart!)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-20, 12:07 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I slept well last night and got an early start. We went for a walk in the neighborhood on the early side and later I did an upper body strength circuit workout by Sydney Cummings. It has been a while since I did one of her workouts. It was a good workout even though I modified a lot. I think that's why I stopped doing her workouts - I had to modify so much of them.

This afternoon I'm going over to Mom and Dad's to hang out. And I may try to run library books by the library since I have one due today. They don't have any fines, so it doesn't matter if I do it tomorrow instead.

Anita - I like the seedless ones because they're easier to eat. I hadn't even thought about the fact that the ones with seeds had disappeared. Now that you say it, I realize that's true here, too.

Paula - Thanks, Paula. Yeah, I thought earlier that PEI is Beth's Oregon (when compared to where you live).

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-20-20, 04:27 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Laura, your cards are beautiful.

Today's workout was XTrain Burn Sets: Chest, Back, and Shoulders.

I had planned to go through my old upper body workouts and see if I could rework them for the condition I'm in today. I had put it off because I knew it would be time-consuming work. But you may have noticed what I said on GD about knee pain. I did a bike workout two weeks ago that did a number on my right knee. The only thing I can think of is I had the tension too high. I was just trying to get a decent workout in. And even when I do a workout that irritates my knee, it doesn't usually last this long or cause this much pain.

Anyway, lower body is out for now. And cardio is limited. So I was forced to pull out the upper body routines and start working on them.

DH says there are 18 COVID patients at the hospital right now. And they say they are testing 100 people a day with symptoms. That's not a good thing, not for this small town. But still, our mayor won't mandate masks.

Keep plugging along......
Old 07-20-20, 08:33 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Karen Voight's Get Firm Fast and some of Strong Women/Strong Bones. We flew to Catalina and did our usual hike. A really nice day.

Anita, we haven't gone to a farmer's market this year either. I did try a yellow watermelon last year and wasn't impressed - didn't have any flavor at all. The texture was nice but no flavor. We haven't gotten a watermelon yet this we've had a cantelope or two that were good. At the moment we're into cherries. I don't put much on my face before bed either, I'm a minimalist when it comes to skin care - just a moisturizer then Tretinoin, when I go to bed my face feels dry but when I wake up my face feels sticky.

Laura, is your library open? Mine is still closed. I take out ebooks and audiobooks over the internet. I like seedless watermelons too because they are easier to eat.

DeeDee, I had an exercise bicycle for many years - used it a lot and got rid of it when it finally began to fall apart. I did find that setting the tension to high resulted in knee pain, so I think you're probably correct in thinking that's the culprit. Trust me, even if you live in a state where masks are mandated some people will not wear them no matter what. At least that's the case here in California. They seem to believe it's a political scam - frankly I've never heard of a virus that had a brain, feelings, or cared about politics.