Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-18-19, 06:36 AM  
Cher

Thanks Alison for finding that out and for posting the article. Now it’s sounding better and better to me!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-19, 06:34 AM  
Cher

Looks like this is getting some pretty good reviews on Amazon. They are already out of stock though. I think this may be on my Christmas wish list!
Old 10-22-19, 09:12 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Looks like this is getting some pretty good reviews on Amazon. They are already out of stock though. I think this may be on my Christmas wish list!
Wow! I just got mine (from Amazon) yesterday...but since it's a Christmas present (for me) I can't give any reviews. (The kids don't know they're getting the Switch so I can't open it up to play -- they think that they're saving up their $$ to buy it themselves!)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-19, 05:30 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Just bought this

My son bought it and told me I should get it.
I too went to Amazon and it was out of stock, but my local target had 6 of them. It looks like a Pilates ring.

I am going to de shrink it soon (Was hoping for tonight, but doubt it).

His description? Walk it Out! meets RPG (role playing game). hmmmm. .. could prove quite interesting.

Will post back if I ever deshrink it.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-19, 06:41 AM  
Cher

Cleda, please let us know your thoughts if you deshrink it! I love your son’s description of it!
Old 10-25-19, 07:07 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

My son bought this as well. As soon as he sets it up, I'll try it out.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-19, 07:22 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Jury is still out ...

I'm not sure. I deshrunk it last night and got it set up. It takes a little while to sync the controllers and prepare for game play. I'm sure that there is a learning curve. So, I have to account for that.

They have "mini games" or something like that within the game. I did NOT try any of those. I did make it to the first boss monster though (so did my son), so that was level 4.

I don't know yet if I can go back and redo and try to get/be better. I think it might be possible. I was stupid and played in bare feet (long story) which I know better. Small Area - I needed a larger area. I am actually thinking of dragging my bellicon in and doing it on that.

There was jogging and high knees and steps to go up. Jumps to be done (which involves the ring, not actual jumping) then along the way you run into enemies where you have to do things like squats, overhead presses, ab squeezes, knees to chest (hated that one) and chair pose. They have a guy on the left showing form pointers. And words to tell you when to sit, hold, etc. When it charges enough, a something (anvil? Fist? something comes down on the enemy. The key is to get him before he gets you. and keep your hearts filled.

There is catching coins and jumping for them along the way. The ring actually vibrates (still have to figure out why and what for).

Like I said, tremendous learning curve I'm sure. They have the heart rate to be taken on the actual ring. Mine never went above 105. (91, 99 and then 105). Son said he's not sure it's all that accurate.

I'm mildly sore today. But bear in mind, I've been using my Peloton and mostly been cycling for awhile now. I probably need to use other muscles.
I am reserving my right to change my mind. It's a little hokey - but I think I have to get better and get further into the game.

At $79 .. maybe a bit overpriced, but regular Switch games are $39 to $59 anyway ... so this is not a reach. I hope to keep at it. Preferably without throwing my back out or hurting my knees. (next time it's sneakers for me or the bellicon.)

I thought it was kinda fun.
Stay tuned.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-19, 06:44 AM  
Cher

Thanks Cleda! If you play anymore let us know how it is playing it a second time.

I saw this at Meijer yesterday and picked it up for my Christmas present from my mom and dad so can’t open it yet. (I have to give it to her to give back to me at Christmas ). I still wasn’t sure about getting it but I thought if I decide I want it later, it might be harder to find a sir gets closer to Christmas. I’ll think about it more and can always return it within the next month if I decide not to keep it.

Tags
active gaming, nintendo switch, ring fit