Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-17, 05:53 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Or half a raid pass

Yep ... It really has helped. I have to drive to gyms (and stop in them) but I have one that I seem to be trading off with another person. I hit it on the way to work, they hit it after work. I put my Pokemon in in the morning, they knock it out after dinner! 50 coins. 1/2 a raid pass! BAM!

Hoping to head out today .... We'll see.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 10:16 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Easy money

My pokemon, a Magmar named Hot Fry (dd named him after her favorite snack, Andy Capp's Hot Fries) lasted almost 8 hours. I will find some more gyms today. Baby steps!

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-17, 06:55 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Pokedex

Well, this weekend I spent a LOT of time going through my Pokedex and marking all my Pokemon. Boy was it time consuming. I marked the good fighters, got rid of the garbage ones (about 300 or more Pokemon) ...

They have a new feature in the app (after the update that just happened). . . and we can now do a search in the Pokemon. Just type in what you want to search for at the top and it will sort them. That is a really *NICE* feature. i.e. "ground" or "electric" or "evolve" ... makes it much easier. If you get to a raid and the 9 year old tells you to use "ground pokemon" to fight, I can search without feeling ridiculous by saying to the 9 year old stranger, "Which pokemon are ground type?" lol ...True story!!! Those kids!

Anyway ... We went raiding this weekend cuz here in the USA Raikou has arrived (legendary dog). I was 0/7 ... and then FINALLY caught one. Yep. I knew I had a month, but geeze louise. Now I have two of them but neither are that great in CP ... I will keep at it though.

Still awaiting MewTwo and Gen 3 may make it on the scene by late fall. We'll have to wait and see.

The new update has made some of the gyms around here pretty darn quirky. We can now see how many are waiting in the lobby before we raid. (and not waste a raid pass). . . But we're "Fringe rural" so we have to organize raids otherwise we'd never have enough people. But, twice I've gotten kicked out of the raid and the game has shut down. One time I was able to go back in and battle Raikou, one time it would NOT EVEN Let me in the gym. It ate my raid pass and I may still write to Niantic about that.

The first Raikou raid I went to it was a network error for all of us and we could not access the gym. (NONE of the 15 people who showed up). Since Niantic is on the other coast, they weren't even at work yet, so the one kid (who evidently sends them reports. lol) couldn't even email them. It did come back up about 20 minutes later.

I have 2 apps I use to coordinate raids with others. (see the above "fringe rural") It's pretty cool .... One is Discord, one is GroupMe. Yesterday, there was a young man who had shown up that made (with his 3d printer), little trinkets of the teams. He had Valor and Instinct and was handing them out to the kids (oh and to this kid too! ) ... I just love to see the interaction of people. So cool. . . . . I also text a couple of people when I'm headed to a park that i know they live close by ... Otherwise? We'd NEVER have enough people to raid and catch any legendaries!!!

That's it for now. Hope everyone had a good weekend of raiding.
Cleda
Old 09-05-17, 06:03 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We went to WV to visit MIL. There is no computer, no WIFI, and no cell service, so we are just getting back to the technological life. I hope you enjoyed getting stuff done with it this weekend.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17, 11:25 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

This morning while waiting for my daughter at the orthodontist, I opened PG and saw there were two gyms across the parking lot, both red! So I strolled out and parked a Pokemon at each one. Without this game, I wouldn't have thought to go out for a walk instead of sitting around in the waiting room.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 09-07-17, 11:37 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Good job, Sue. Did the battle process make more sense?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-07-17, 11:13 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Good job, Sue. Did the battle process make more sense?
I still haven't battled anything, only left Pokemon at gyms. The gym near my gym (yes, there's a Pokemon gym in the building next to my real gym) had a Raikou with a raid coming up in less than 30 minutes after my workout, but I had to rush home unfortunately.

Old 09-07-17, 11:24 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

A Pokemon-style game for Walking Dead fans is coming!
https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/29/1...iphone-android

Old 09-13-17, 03:45 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Believe it or not

have never seen an Episode of the Walking Dead!
(or Game of Thrones or Highlander!!!!) ....

Just popping in to say that Mewtwo raid passes have started popping up in my area. I'm disappointed as it's an invite to a gym we don't go to (it's in a local mall) ... That makes sense now that I'm thinking about it. Niantic probably wants people to go to where they are supported (by the Sprint Mobile store!) .... I did one raid there but it was ions ago and obviously not recent enough to get a special raid pass. Well, here's hoping I get one eventually ...

I also wrote to Niantic (yeah - I'm wayyyy to invested/involved in this game) because I was doing a raid after Raikou had just come out and I lost a premium raid pass. I know all about the GPS drift and how to go back into the battle so I can fight the raid boss when we win ... as it's happened. But this time, it literally WOULD NOT LET ME INTO THE GYM and there was still 10-12 minutes remaining ... The game was glitching. Soooooo I wrote to Niantic on their form and they actually gave me my raid pass back. Since I wasn't able to battle the raid boss AND I lost the premium raid pass due to the glitch. The reimbursement made me happy .... but I would have loved a chance to get another Raikou. All in due time.

A local park is spawning Geodudes, so I was up there trying to power up my graveller to a gollum ... I want an army of GREAT (amazing - cuz I'm valor) golums. 2 down ... as many more as I can get .

Sadly, I am at my maximum on my data plan for my phone ... so I'm laying low until the 15th. Uggggg. just 2 days to go. I told dh from now on, we use his phone on alternate weekends to navigate so that I spread the data usage. lol ..... (Did I mention I'm a little obsessed????)

Cleda
Old 09-14-17, 09:15 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Cleda - Well, everyone needs to have a hobby. At least, yours has good physical side effects. Good luck hanging in there until tomorrow.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Tags
active gaming, apps, pokemon, pokemon go, walking apps