Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-16, 08:15 AM  
cdayley

My 3 children range in age from 26 to 31. I found out yesterday that they are all playing Pokemon Go, and love it. My son and his wife walked 4 miles last night while playing it.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 08:27 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
If I'm a casual gamer who never learned how to operate traditional gaming controls, or pokeman, is it easy to figure out? My dog walks are super slow, this might entertain me.
This article breaks it down pretty well for non-gamers. It's pretty telling that it's sucking in parents and other bystanders! Like Candy Crush, it grows on you; I only joined Candy CRush so I could send tickets to my husband, and now I'm ahead of him.

I was afraid this would be a data-gobbler, but it's more likely to eat up your battery before your data. Keep an eye on your battery level, and bringing along a power pack might be a good idea.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 11:07 AM  
Cher

Good article about it Sue!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 01:54 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Yeah the robberies were all over the news.

As for getting hit by a car, I'm always telling my daughter to put her freaking phone down while she's in a parking lot or other area. Sheesh, kids these days, LOOK UP and put the stupid phone down once in a while. Pokeman isn't the culprit in this.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-16, 09:08 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

http://www.scarymommy.com/pokemon-go-midsummer-boredom/

For 4 straight days (and today will probably be day 5) I've gone out walking, for miles, with my teenage daughter. For me that's just priceless. It may be a temporary fad, but as fads go, there are worse ones.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 07-13-16, 10:02 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post

For 4 straight days (and today will probably be day 5) I've gone out walking, for miles, with my teenage daughter. For me that's just priceless. It may be a temporary fad, but as fads go, there are worse ones.
That is so great!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-16, 07:05 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Quote:

Same with my son. He made me lace up my gym shoes to go out this evening. Every day he asks me to go out. He's 14 so I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-16, 09:20 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
Same with my son. He made me lace up my gym shoes to go out this evening. Every day he asks me to go out. He's 14 so I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts....
Good luck with that -- it didn't last long enough for my almost 15 year old to even go out with me. He went out a few times on his own and then got bored with it even though I still want to try it. Thankfully he is active in other ways.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-16, 01:52 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Yesterday I did a one-day record of nearly 20K steps walking all over downtown Baltimore. Today there is a Pokemon Go meetup in my town, and already people are crowding the sidewalks. Go, Team Valor!

Old 07-17-16, 09:44 PM  
Cher

Quote:
Yesterday I did a one-day record of nearly 20K steps walking all over downtown Baltimore. Today there is a Pokemon Go meetup in my town, and already people are crowding the sidewalks. Go, Team Valor!

Sounds like fun!!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active gaming, apps, pokemon, pokemon go