Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-29-15, 10:43 AM  
gmac

I appreciate all the great replies.

Glad to hear recommendations for Yoga and KB workouts as these are both workouts I enjoy and have been wanting to become more consistent with.

I have always been flat footed and from I have read that makes me more likely to develop this as well. I have taken to wearing shoes when walking around on the hard wood floors in our house. Although I need to get more comfortable house shoes as I have always been one to take my shoes off as soon as I get home.

The main thing is for me is to allow myself to completely recover before without re-aggravating it. I have a bad history of not allowing things to heal completely.
Old 09-29-15, 06:56 PM  
zellybelly

I went to the Dr had cortisone shots, went to PT and didn't get better. I gave up wearing boat shoes and switched to Dansko clogs and got cured.
Old 09-29-15, 07:14 PM  
Leonana

I have it in my left foot, and sometimes I get flare ups. I think mine started because my tennis shoes were too old.

I bought new tennis shoes, and put orthotic inserts in all of my shoes including the tennis shoes. Also, I wear Birkenstocks most of the time, especially around the house. Another thing that really helped was stretching when I first get up in the morning. All of that seemed to cure it.
Old 09-30-15, 04:53 PM  
funkykatt

I was in a cast for twelve weeks and had to stop running for three years. My doctor told me to never go barefoot, he said he gets more business with those who run and exercise barefoot. He also said, if possible, get carpet because is better than hard flooring for the feet.

I just started running again after three years. I know I need to take it easy this time and not go the distance I used to. I never want to deal with that again.

Good luck and whatever you do, don't try to do too much too soon.
funkykatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plantar fasciitis