Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-13, 01:29 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Just Dance 2014 for Xbox Kinect: The Cardioke Edition

I got a review copy of Just Dance 2014 for Kinect, and have been playing with it all weekend. They've made a number of changes, and one notable addition is that if you sing along with the song, the Kinect mike picks it up and you can build up "mojo" points to unlock more song versions such as Sweat and Mashup. So if you have kids, expect the walls to be shaking as they sing along with songs like Ghostbusters! I also sang along this morning when the house was empty and my lungs got a great workout.

In Just Sweat mode, they did away with the premade workouts with warmups and stretches that they had in JD4 (I wasn't real fond of them, anyway) and instead, you select a workout length. A playlist comes up with icons showing each song, and you can change any song before the workout begins - unfortunately they don't give you a chance to save those changes. The songs then play in a row, with only a few seconds of loading time between songs. You can also pick a "free" mode where time and calories are kept track of as you play the game the normal way.

Some of the songs have special Sweat versions where the choreography is more aerobics-class-like than the Classic version. They redesigned the menu so that after you pick a song, you can select which choreography version you want - in addition to Classic which they all have, there are Sweat, Mashup (different JD characters from other songs rotate the dancing) On Stage (multiple dancers in a more "stagy" version) and Extreme (extra-hard choreography). Some of these are unlocked at the start, some you have to buy with mojo points, and some unlock at different times of year.

Here's one of my favorites, Flashdance, using a lot of the moves from the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVBl-JxnKbU
Here's the Sweat version of Ghostbusters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--K8jKVchL8

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 10:47 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

They snuck a Zumba routine/song in there! Limbo (Sweat version) by Daddy Yankee:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DCdkONeiHI

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active gaming, just dance 2014, kinect, xbox 360