Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-13, 06:10 PM  
Gyggles1

Just an update: I haven't been back to the Dr though thought about it this morning when I could barely step out of bed from the pain, even laying in bed was so painful I was in tears. my DH grabbed my crutches and helped me. I am still thinking its not Gout but what do I know, I think it was just a guess because he didn't know the for sure cause. Now its later in the day I can limp along a little better & I am resting, ice and just doing much of nothing today, ugh!

Love this message by Jessica Smith
"every step you take is one step closer to your goal"
Gyggles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 08:13 PM  
msladybug

Oh, so sorry to hear that Laura, I've been thinking about you last couple of days....hoping that your next post would be that your foot was feeling at least a little better.

I'd make another Doctors appointment, get a 2nd opinion. And do some independent research on gout, specifically, what tests are used besides blood work. Sounds pretty sudden to be arthritis...but does rheumatoid arthritis have acute attacks?

I thought of something else.... Is is possible that you were bitten by something while you were sleeping? If there is a lot of swelling...you might not be able to see a bite....and if you had a bad reaction...you could have pain instead of itching. Swelling of the foot could put pressure on nerves in the foot.

(if it is a bite, antihistamin might help some)
msladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 08:38 PM  
raeven

You really should get to a podiatrist or somebody else and get it figured out. If there is anything I've learned in the past year, it is to not put off pain. First, when my PF first started last June.. I waited 5 months, and lived in pure pain thinking it would just magically go away, before I went and learned how to actually treat it properly! I was having severe back pains earlier this year. Doc tested and treated me for kidney infection. Several rounds of antibiotics and useless pain pills and a month a half later, a CT scan said I had a 6mm kidney stone stuck at the bottom unable to exit. One magical pill and alot of luck, the stone and all the pain was gone with 24 hours. All those weeks of pain....ugh.

Point is, Sounds like you have something serious going on with your foot, and you really should probably get it seen. Get a second opinion, or an appointment with a podiatrist. Hopefully somebody can figure this out for you! So sorry you are going through this!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 05:25 AM  
horsemom2

Laura,
Have you tried soaking your foot in warm water with Epsom salts before bed? There was a special Epsom salt for the feet that I used. Sometimes alternating hot and cold helps.

That spider bite on the foot reaction has happened to me quite a few times but gets nipped in the bud with Arnica gel. It is a very sudden shot of pain out of the blue followed by instant swelling.
Arnica gel had also helped me with the pain from PF. I would apply it on the whole foot, back of the ankle right up to and including the calf.

The thing that helped my PF at its worse was a *barefoot gravel walk*.
(Google: Plantar Fasciitis and gravel walk)
I found the foot pads on my Gazelle-like piece of equipment seemed to stimulate the bottom of my feet like gravel. Actually felt more like stepping on broken glass first thing in the day. Just recently, I ordered a spiked massage ball for my feet for my overnight trips to Atlantic City:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=A5W198TSQJIXA

My PF has healed enough where I could go to the bathroom at night without agonizing pain but I still had a tender heel especially later in the day. This Futuro Arch support has eliminated that tenderness, especially since I prefer to be barefooted when home.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 11:23 PM  
Gyggles1

Just home from Dr's again and had more blood tests and they came up with Gout yet again but they gave me a pain medicine along with a med for the swelling and the pain so I hope it kicks in and like NOW. I can't believe the pain I am in... there is no way I would have made it thru another night. If its not better I have to go back tomorrow but this is the 3rd Dr now ( seen 2 dr's tonight ) that says Gout so we will see... come on pain meds work!!! I don't wish this on anyone I've been crying so much today because of the pain, I just told DH I am surprised they didn't give me a shot for the pain in the clinic but anyway I hope it works. btw the Dr's tonight were minor injury Dr's.

Love this message by Jessica Smith
"every step you take is one step closer to your goal"
Gyggles1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plantar fasciitis