Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-13, 09:52 PM  
raeven

For my fellow PF sufferers!

Alright, so I finally cured the PF in my right foot by wearing Birkenstocks all the time, and Superfeet inserts in my regular shoes. Well, now my left foot is hurting and showing the PF signs in the past few weeks. I really don't want to have to go back to wearing sandals alllll day long again!

So I found my arch bandage I had gotten at walgreens. It helped with my right foot, but on my left foot it just wasn't working...hurt too much. WELL!! I found these new foot wraps by Futuro. It's called 'Therapeutic arch support'..it comes with a wrap for each foot, then it has these little plastic arches that you insert. There is light blue, and dark blue..depending on how much arch you need. I've only used the light blue so far...but oh my this thing has been fantastic!! It took a short bit to get used to, maybe an hour...but I've been loving it since! I've had this thing since Sunday and I am so loving it so far! It's comfortable, I can adjust how tight I want it...and best of all...I CAN WALK AGAIN! And I don't have to wear sandals all over the house all day long again! They cost $20 at CVS..I haven't seen it anywhere else yet. Like I said it comes with the pair..one for each foot. Which one should probably do..but I've only been wearing it on my hurt foot personally. It's very thin, not like wearing a shoe on one foot and not the other or anything. They recommend wearing on both feet, so I dunno...but for now I'm sticking to just my hurt foot.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my new, exciting find! I know so many others suffer this dreadful problem too, so I just wanted to share. CVS, $20...worth a try...can always return if it doesn't work for you! THese must be pretty darn new because I can't really find anything about them on the net..but here is the link to their website about them.

http://www.futuro-usa.com/wps/portal...9676970&rt=rud
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-13, 09:37 AM  
Stephanie_B

Raeven I'm glad! I think sometimes we "clench" our feet at night and for me wearing "strutz" (although man those things wear out quickly) at night helps in addition to the other stuff I do. My PF was so bad I would limp to the bathroom at night and it took 2-3 hours to "warm up" enough to say go to the store. I do a lot of different things for it, but I bet those would be a good alternative to strutz too

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-13, 08:26 PM  
Leonana

Thanks for the tip! I will check for them at CVS. I have PF in my left foot, and it's better now, but I still have some soreness.
Old 08-30-13, 11:35 PM  
raeven

I totally feel your pain ladies. PF is so miserable I'm just glad I found this new lil wrap, and hopefully since I started treating it extremely early this time I won't have it for nearly as long.

Stephanie, I wondered how those strutz felt, but never tried them. Yes, the middle of the night potty trips and first thing in the morning were the absolute worst! With this new wrap, I don't sleep in it, though I probably should...but laying down without it I do tons of stretching and moving the foot around in general. Bedtime is the only time I let in 'breathe' with nothing on it. As soon as I wake up though, I keep it right beside me, I put my foot down right onto it and strap it on before ever moving out of bed. Crossing fingers that it helps! But it's made the past week much better for me! Hopefully it can help others as well!
Old 08-31-13, 10:41 AM  
Stephanie_B

Raeven I don't hate them, but they aren't made for long-term wear that's for sure. We have don't have carpeted floors for the most part so I know the pain of getting up and going to the bathroom LOL...sometimes you debate if Depends might be a good idea (*I* am kidding!!).

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-13, 11:47 AM  
raeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie_B View Post
Raeven I don't hate them, but they aren't made for long-term wear that's for sure. We have don't have carpeted floors for the most part so I know the pain of getting up and going to the bathroom LOL...sometimes you debate if Depends might be a good idea (*I* am kidding!!).
Now *THAT* is funny! I swear I think everybody with this crap has thought many,many out of the ordinary thoughts. I know I can't be the only one that truly wanted to just chop my foot off to be done with the constant pain already! Thankfully rational thoughts and brainpower prevail...but still !
Old 09-04-13, 10:18 AM  
mtngoat

Slightly old thread alert!

Raeven, thanks for posting - I'm going to keep an eye out for those foot wraps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie_B View Post
Raeven I'm glad! I think sometimes we "clench" our feet at night and for me wearing "strutz" (although man those things wear out quickly) at night helps in addition to the other stuff I do. My PF was so bad I would limp to the bathroom at night and it took 2-3 hours to "warm up" enough to say go to the store. I do a lot of different things for it, but I bet those would be a good alternative to strutz too
Stephanie - how do strutz wear out? Does the elastic go, or does the pad give out?

I read this thread last week, and while away on the weekend found strutz in a drug store. I'm glad I saw this thread first - I never would have tried them. I love them!

(I haven't had an acute bout of PF for a few years, but am always one lunge (or extended plank) away from recurrence. One foot has a bit of a constant mild twinge, and strutz immediately alleviated it.)

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 10:28 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I am battling PF & a heel spur. Orthaheel sandals have really helped as has lots of stretching, using my yoga toes, and these J Fit balance pods. I am pretty hard core and use them with bare feet, but you could put socks on to make them more gentle. I find they really loosen up the fascia.
http://www.amazon.com/j-fit-Balance-...ance+pods+pair

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 10:49 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I am battling PF & a heel spur. Orthaheel sandals have really helped as has lots of stretching, using my yoga toes, and these J Fit balance pods. I am pretty hard core and use them with bare feet, but you could put socks on to make them more gentle. I find they really loosen up the fascia.
http://www.amazon.com/j-fit-Balance-...ance+pods+pair
Wow - some great ideas in this thread. I am going to check out these balance pods.

I really find my yoga toes help too - I need to be more consistent in using them, though. (My poor left foot also has a bunion (oh, how I hate that word!) - the yoga toes really help with that pain.)

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 10:52 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Lori - I see you are a fellow Canuck! I love my yoga toes too! The balance pods are also available on amazon.ca, the link I posted is for amazon.com.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plantar fasciitis