Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-12, 07:59 AM  
hotncmom

Pain on the top of my foot?

Over the last couple of weeks I have developed pain in the joint between my big toe and my foot (just one foot). I have been doing Ballet Body and some yoga, and as much walking as I can get in. It may be from going up into releve and the foot movement required going from down dog to plank and back. It even hurts when I am walking barefoot now, and to a lesser extent with shoes on. I have done tons of Ballet Body and yoga in the past, and this has never been a problem. I try to stay on the balls of my feet in releve, but it is getting so bad now that it is affecting my balance. I guess I'll have to stay flat-footed until it resolves? Is there anything else I can do?
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-12, 09:07 AM  
kitty12

Hi - do you have Jill Miller's Quick Fix Rx? I found her two routines for the feet very helpful when my left foot had problems, in particular the shorter one. Although the stretches are pretty intense and you may need to lean forward some to reduce the weight when doing them if the foot is sensitive. I still do the stretches on a regular basis.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-12, 11:28 AM  
hotncmom

I have both of Jill Miller's Yoga Tune Up DVD's on my wishlist. Today my husband is complaining of calf tightness so I think we will try the free download on her website and go from there. Hopefully it will work for his calves and my feet
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
foot pain, jill miller, quickfix rx