Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-11, 09:21 AM  
andtckrtoo

Just ordered a Wii - which fitness games are must haves?

I, of course, ordered Zumba. But I will eventually order others. I'd love some fun suggestions.
Old 05-15-11, 09:26 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

What are you looking for? Workout-type games? Dancing or rhythm games? Sports? Multiplayer party games? Family/kids?

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 09:28 AM  
ldy_solana

i like the gold's gym games. they have a boxing or a dance game. in addition to the cardio focused stuff they have side games to play and boxing has some basic exercises like push ups and stuff. did you get a wii board as well? the wii fit plus is actually pretty good and could be used with all the fitness games, although boxing has the option to use or not use one.

i have active (the original set and the more workouts) and they are pretty good but some of the stuff is a PITA to get in sync with the movements and remotes. i would like to try the new wireless set they have out now but i can't spend that kind of dough on games.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 09:33 AM  
andtckrtoo

Sue - I'm open for anything. It's a whole new world, and I might get some nice time with my 18 year old when she's home from college for the summer. I don't want to narrow it down, because I might miss something fun.

Idy_Solano - I don't have the board, YET. I'm sure I'll pick it up sooner or later.
Old 05-15-11, 09:35 AM  
Missiscipi

I have Walk it Out and love it but it is the only "fitness" type game I have on the Wii right now. Walking + Video Games = awesomeness
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 09:45 AM  
andtckrtoo

Ooh, that looks fun Rozy, thank you!
Old 05-15-11, 09:48 AM  
Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
Sue - I'm open for anything. It's a whole new world, and I might get some nice time with my 18 year old when she's home from college for the summer.
You might like Just Dance 2 (it picks up movements much better than the original Just Dance, and has better choreography) and possibly one of the DDRs - Sue B's site has good info on these and it sounds like the lastest DDR is the best of the lot.

Wii Fit plus does have some fun games, but I get annoyed at all the nagging and scolding.

Punch out is pretty fun and is a GREAT workout, though I find the cartoon graphics a little off-putting - I would probably use it more if it wasn't for that.

You're already getting Zumba so I don't need to say anything about that, other than hands-down it was my most used game this long, cold, winter

Have fun with your new Wii!

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 09:57 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
Sue - I'm open for anything. It's a whole new world, and I might get some nice time with my 18 year old when she's home from college for the summer. I don't want to narrow it down, because I might miss something fun.
Okay, FWIW, here are the ones that get the most use around here:

-- Zumba - good choice! Since you've had experience, skip the tutorial and jump right into the game.
-- Walk It Out - simple yet oddly addicting! See the WIO mega-thread here.
-- Just Dance and Just Dance 2 - great party games and great for dancing up a sweat as well.
-- Golds Gym Dance Workout - offers dancing, rhythm boxing and fun minigames with a workout calendar mode, plus multiplayer. Excellent bang for the buck.
-- We Cheer 2 - excellent dance game with a cheerleading theme
-- Michael Jackson The Experience - if you like MJ music, of course! Both this and Just Dance 2 have "duo" modes that are really fun.
-- Active Life Explorer - I just got this so I haven't played it much, but it's pretty intense with running and jumping, and fun as multiplayer too.
-- Kidz Bop Dance Party - I only got it because it was on sale, but I can't stop playing it

This should be enough to get you started

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 10:05 AM  
andtckrtoo

Wow! I feel like I just opened a whole new world to home fitness.

Thank you! I'm book marking this one, and as I get funds, I'll start collecting these. So fun!
Old 05-15-11, 10:17 AM  
ldy_solana

yeah the wii fit goes straight by BMI info so it nags you there (and when you don't use it for awhile LOL) it is annoying sometimes but i just keep the volume low. even my classes state BMI is not the best tool for measuring active ppl. but you don't have to do the fitness test which is the only time it bugs you on that. i just go straight to the games and exercises. it takes time to learn the movements, same with all the games. but when you play them enough its easy to figure out.

ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active gaming, wii, wii ware