Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-20, 11:25 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi gals!!

I did another Gilad workout yesterday after bailing on a Jessica Smith fusion workout. The storm came through pretty quickly. The rain stopped by 3 or 4 pm but it was very windy still. A lot of trees and branches down so not the safest time for a walk. We did lose power for a few hours during the night so not too bad.

PAT, I hope you were safe. I would love to live near the beach, it's my dream one day.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 05:55 PM  
Rose

Hello! Yesterday was
Perfect 10 Volume 2 Program B

Margaret did a Compound Move! She worked biceps while working quads in a lunge. Shocking! Delts were next, with the upright rows contraindicated by most experts so I subbed it. The normal On the Toes Calf work and then the dreaded On the Mat Hamstring work. Yes, I felt it. It didn't go on too long but I'm always ready to end it. Glutes were interspersed between the hamstring work.

In these last several DVDs, Margaret does a lot of pressing the knees together and/or having the knees go in and out while do glute raises. These bother my knees so I do variations. One thing I liked about the Unpluggeds was that Margaret had a lot of variety for glute raises- such as using a bench, a wall or even the ball.

Solid B for Perfect 10. It seems an easier workout, a good step up from the Unpluggeds.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 06:02 PM  
Rose

Hello! Today was
Forty and Fabulous from the Classics DVD.

Had time for a quick workout so I split the 40 minute DVD into two.

Warm-up on the mat. I stood instead. Then push-ups.
Triceps on the mat next. I added unweighted tricep work.
Standing for biceps. I like her sequence here.
Then right into delts.
Next up- abs...I'll do that tomorrow and instead did superman variations for the back which isn't worked out in this DVD.

My workout was about 12 minutes. But Margaret does not rest between exercises. She goes fast. I felt like I got a good, quick workout. I might use this DVD again as a split.
Old 08-05-20, 06:08 PM  
Rose

Hello!

Pat & Summer Breeze, how did you fare with the storm? It seemed to give more of a 'punch' than expected.

Summer Breeze- Gilad sounds fun. He seems to have a loyal following. I've never done any of his workouts. How would you compare him to Margaret?

Pat-Normally, I don't care about Margaret's outfits. Her demeanor is usually pleasant, upbeat and focused on form and good health. I appreciate that I get to see her age and stay strong and fit.

I hope no one minds, but part of the reason I'm doing this check-in is to keep a record of the workouts.I'll write a separate reply for each workout.

Enjoy the day!

Rose
Old 08-06-20, 08:06 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi gals!!

ROSE, I enjoy reading your summaries of the workouts and that is the reason you started the check-in so it's all good. I feel kind of bad that I'm not even doing many MR workouts but I do love her workouts and did them quite a bit several years back. I like reading about them and discussing them if you don't mind. Forty and Fabulous was another one of hers I remember liking.

Gilad has short workouts from his tv shows so he's similar to MR in that respect. He does more compound type of exercises which I like because it gets my heartrate up more so than MR's exercises. I've only done a few so far but I understand he throws in some cardio kickboxing sequences sometimes so maybe more circuit type of work. But I think the intensity is probably similar to MR.

The storm was more of a wind event than anything and there was a lot of trees down and power outages. Ours was only down for a few hours but unfortunately some areas of the state will be down for days.

PAT, I hope you're doing ok.

Have a great day!

Old 08-06-20, 09:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi ladies! I turned to YogaGlo for two days to help with my allergy headache and just generally needing a break. On Tuesday I enjoyed a Morning Self Care practice with Amy Ippoliti and last night I tried a wonderful headache helper called Reset Your Brain with Tara Judelle.

Rose - I recall being shocked when I came upon that workout with Margaret doing lunges.

Summer don't feel guilty! I'm cross training too. I used to follow Gilad way back on his PBS show, he helped me get back in shape after having my baby. Who is 38 years old today.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 06:52 PM  
Rose

Hello! Today's workout was
Forty & Fabulous- split into lower body

The DVD is only 40 minutes long and meant to do all at once. I did the upper body yesterday. Today I did lower body. Everything was on the mat except for quads.

Started with abs. Variations of sit ups. I subbed deadbugs.
Then outer thighs. I didn't wear ankle weights and on the first leg, I thought that I should have but on the 2nd leg I was glad I did not. Though the exercise was short, Margaret really works you. She moves faster in these early videos and I felt a greater burn than the Unpluggeds.

Inner thighs was on the back. She did the move where you have your feet together and bring the knees to the chest, while opening the knees in and out if that makes any sense. Oh, the burn! It's a good one.

Next- hamstrings. The worst, let's face it. Yes, it works, yes it hurts. But it didn't go on too long. Glute break and again pretty basic. Final hamstring and then standing for quads. She did squats and at the end, lifting one heel and static squatting. This works the calf. There wasn't any separate calf exercise.

Forty & Fabulous gave a good workout. I rate it a B+. It was quick and thorough. Nothing went on too long. The lower body had more time devoted to it then the upper body. Margaret gave good form pointers, she seemed happy to be there. It's easy to tell that Margaret loves what she does. The music wasn't obtrusive...some kind of pop music I never heard before. The spandex and outfits were bad usually I don't care about that.
Old 08-06-20, 06:55 PM  
Rose

Hello!
Pat- your self care practices sound wonderful.

Summer Breeze- I like reading about your different workouts. You are giving me inspiration for when it is time to incorporate other workouts.

Today, the humidity was lower so I was able to go for a walk at the nearby park. It felt so good. This weekend it will be a Dangerous Heat advisory so I have to take every chance I can get to go outside.

Have a good evening!

Rose
Old 08-07-20, 08:15 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi gals!!

Just walking and Gilad for me yesterday. Probably the same today.

ROSE, sounds like a step up from the Unpluggeds. I don't remember if you mentioned having the All My Best dvds. There are 2 dvds with 2 half hour programs on each dvd, compilations from her older workouts. I remember liking those dvds because they were short and varied.

PAT, the yoga sounds delightful. Awww happy belated birthday to your "baby."

Have a great day!
Old 08-07-20, 08:20 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I finished up Beauty to the Bone with workout 2-B last night, most of which was barre using a chair for balance. I did not use it for the abs and stretch. I did stability ball crunches and did my own stretch then inverted. Those two series of exercises are too awkward in the chair, and hurt my back.

My butt's fried from the barre work, for sure!!!

Rose, we're having lower humidity too. It's like a blessing from heaven. What is it about "second leg syndrome?" Last night I could hardly stand on my first leg. Before my hip circle, I used to lightly hold a three pound dumbbell on my outer thigh until I couldn't stand it.

Summer - I think I'll get out All My Best next. Thanks for my "boy's" birthday wishes.

TGIF!!! Make it a great day ladies!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
margaret richard rotation