Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-04-20, 06:07 AM  
Helen

I'm here - missed just ONE day, and Cleda goes into "I'm all aloooonnne mode" - Geez!

I'm kidding.....

CLEDA
Things wouldn't be the same without you. You are so positive, determined, indefatigable! Three things I feel I lack, so I NEED you in my life!!!!!
Buddy - We started in May last year, so almost made it to a year in person - split to FaceTime & simultaneous videos/YouTube from around March. Not sure when she'll be back - but definitely not yet.

Threadstart: Honestly - I NEEDED the positivity and smiles for this month for a variety of reasons - some pandemic, some personal, some to do with people around me.

Time is pressing so onto business - WAVES to LILI, PAM, KAY, & anyone else!
Mon., 3rd Aug
110min, Travis - Power Yoga - Day 5 - Humble Warrior + Courage Meditation, alone
Tue., 4th Aug
48min, Les Mills - Body Pump 53, with buddy
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 04:43 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

8/3 - Cathe's Kick Max 48 min. Low Impact Timesaver premix. I wouldn't call this low impact, but her leg work was killer. The first 3 miles from Leslie's 5 Boosted Miles and a dog walk.
8/4 - Bob Harper's Biggest Loser Boot Camp, Level 1, then Rebecca Kennedy's 45 min. Walk & Run. This started out with mostly fast walking and inclines up to 15!! I was really glad I checked out how far my inclines went earlier this week, it made it easier to figure out how to adjust. I finished with Bob's stretch segment.

Cleda - I have tried a few of Peloton's weight workouts with mixed reviews. I like that you can choose the length, but I need to try some more before I give up.
Waves to Pam, Helen & Kay!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 11:26 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I’ve fallen behind again....

We got home from the city last night, left the condo all clean & polished. We met with the realtor yesterday....it will be officially listed by Sat. It was a busy but productive weekend!

Aug 3:
~two city walks, 8 km total
~Ellen’s Core Cardio - this is a nice workout for a light day, standing core & balance
~ETV: Meg’s Hip Stretch

Aug 4:
~Ellen’s Modern Interval - This was a nice one, 45 min, high rep/low weight aero-tone intervals, definitely a brisker pace than her other streaming workouts. Reminded me of a Jessica Smith workout

Aug 5:
~Taught Essentrics outside on the deck
~Cardio: Neighbourhood walk + 20 min Maxi Glider & 20 min rebounding while watching anatomy videos
~3 sets of 100 kb swings and moves also while watching anatomy videos - first time in a while, cautious about my back so used a light bell
~ePilates: barre legs
~MFML: Gentle Yoga for Travel

Waving to everyone!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 07:48 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
I'm here - missed just ONE day, and Cleda goes into "I'm all aloooonnne mode" - Geez!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Isaias tore through the East Coast. We just got power back (we've been out since Tuesday at noon.) So nice to have my computer and keyboard back.

Will be back to report (my mostly rest days) ... ok, not rest days, but simple simple workouts.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 10:54 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Aug 6:
~Cardio: 25 min Maxi Glider & 25 min rebounding
~ePilates: Glute focused mat workout - I started her “Gorgeous Glutes in 8 Days” series yesterday, this is day 2....hmmmmm....will it work??? Stay tuned....
~Practiced Essentrics trademarks
~Yoga with Olga (YT): Magic 3 Poses for Hips & Back - This was a bit dry but pleasant & relaxing, reminded me of viniyoga.

Cleda - That’s a long time without power!

Helen - These are trying times, sending you smiles, positive vibes, & virtual (((hugs))).

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 08-07-20, 03:44 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I'm behind and confused! My last post I had my days wrong. I skipped
8/3 - dog walk, 30 min. Disco Fun Walk with Matty, then JS's Cardio Bootcamp Boogie.
What I posted for 8/3 & 8/4 were actually 8/4 & 8/5.
8/6 - 2.5 mile dog walk in the morning. Unplugged 2019 and a 10 min. Mini walk with Leslie.

I've been debating whether or not to cut the grass today, but since it has started drizzling, I will do it tomorrow. Now, down to the basement to do something!
Edited to add:
8/7 - Hip Hop Abs, Hips, Buns & Thighs and 30 min. 90's Fun Walk with Andy Speer. I liked both of them.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 06:13 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Anddddddddddddddd she's back

Lili: Your post made me smile. Sometimes I post or log or track and think, "Wait ... something doesn't seem right" and then I think about it, look, analyze and determine I did make a mistake. Ha! I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me. I love how you're enjoying the variety! Makes me happy. (although I'm not one for hip hop). lol

Pam: We compare everything to Superstorm Sandy and we were out of power at that point for almost 2 weeks, so 72-80 hours is nothing comparatively speaking. We are fortunate enough to have a gas powered generator and we can at least use the shower, heat up water, make coffee, and keep most of the food from going bad. We will be freezer eating for the next month to clean it all out and start a new since I don't trust it much beyond that. We do not sleep with it on so I am also happy that the temps had dropped, as did the humidity. It was at least bearable. I think it was last summer we were out for a week. And did I read that right??? Oh wait - I went back reread it .... it is 3 sets of 100 kb swings. I thought you were using 100 kgs for the swings ... I feel a little better. How are the glutes looking?? Now that we're onto day 3???

Oh and Lili - I'm kinda hit or miss with the strength workouts also. Some I love, others? If it was the first one I had tried, I would never do their strength workouts ..... So keep looking and trying.

Helen: You made me smile and feel good. I don't know if I'd call myself positive. But I do my best. We all need each other. That's what makes the check in so wonderful. . . . We need to pass on positivity and get better! YAY ... (Pom poms high -- ok, I guess I can be positive.! Or maybe too much coffee?? too light of workouts - too much energy?) lol ....

Waves to Kay and all that are lurking.

On to me, me and all me. When WAS the last time I checked in??? Not as bad as I thought!

8/4/2020: Bellicon - you tube video San Fran 25 minute Lympatic something or other. I love her videos. Or maybe I love her accent. I don't do the really tough ones, but I do enjoy her workouts. (So much so I am seriously considering dropping my Bellicon subscription. I don't seem to do them very much - only about 4 of them on a routine basis so it doesn't seem worth it to me. AND now they are going to the live one-- which is more money. No thanks). Oh - but back to the check in. I tacked on Adrian's Arms & Shoulders (10 mins) workout. I like that one. Seems to get the job done.

8/5/2020:
Meditation (don't fall over) I was tired - the power had been out for over 24 hours at that point, I was drained. I was so sore, I could barely get up off the toilet from all the Tabata, running, cycling, etc. . . Soooooo meditation it was. and it felt great. (earned me my final badge for Pelothon too). It's all about the badges.

8/6/2020: Rowing 15 minutes Beginner/technique video from You Tube (Dark horse). I am enjoying these A LOT ... I don't think he was out last time I gave rowing a try. I enjoy his form pointers and I want to get the technique perfected. When I DO buy a real/decent rower, I will have the technique mastered and it will feel like going from an urban rebounder to a bellicon. Followed by CDE's arm workout (10 mins.)

8/7/2020: Rowing with Dark Horse (15 mins) this was in the a.m. After work I did Adrian's Hip Hop Bootcamp (treadmill/floorwork) for 45 minutes. I had hoped to hop on the bike after, but was saved by a thunderstorm. Can't plug the bike in when it's thundering ... Oh well. LOL!!!!

The bootcamp format was much better than some I've tried. (Lili - alot like the strength - hit or miss). This one did 4 segments on the treadmill with 3 segments on the floor interspersed. Unlike one "bootcamp" I did that was 10 minutes treadmill, followed by 10 minutes floorwork. That seemed weird to me and NOTHING like a bootcamp. This one? much better. Reminded me of KCM's Home Gym Intervals, which I thoroughly enjoy. I really enjoy Adrian and love his style and teaching method. He pushes, but still doesn't make me feel like a loser should I opt to go slower or to walk. I would not have chose to do Hip Hop, but Nancy recommended it. (lemming!)

Nancy also made me a huge chart that has blocks to color in for the days for now through the end of the year. It's so cool. I got my colored pencils and will start coloring (probably today). Just another visual to help me get through the year and meet my goals. And one of the blocks is for rowing. So I must continue.

Ok, gotta run and work out. Probably a nice long endurance ride or several classes strung together. It's that time to get a long workout in. . .

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 11:40 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Aug 7:
~Cardio: 20 min maxi Glider & 20 min rebounding
~Practiced Essentrics sequences
~ePilates: Barre Glutes & Legs (day 3)
~MFML: The Stoop Antidote - Love the concept but a bit wrist-y and and back bendy for me

Lili - Being retired, I frequently forget what I’ve done and what day I’ve done it if I don’t keep my fitness journal up to date!

Cleda - I can imagine most storms would pale in comparison to Sandy! Nice workouts! I have looked San Fran’s YT channel but haven’t done any of their workouts. Is your rower a recent purchase? My eldest DS used to be a competitive rower many years ago, it sure a whole body workout. You won’t see me with a 100 lb kb, lol! I worked out a routine with a variety of swings & moves that is 10 sets of 10 moves and I do it three times. It takes about 18 min total.

Have a nice weekend!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 08-09-20, 02:06 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Aug 8:
~5 km trail walk
~20 min Rebounding
~3 sets of 100 kb swings & moves - went a bit heavier
~ePilates: day 4, glute & inner thigh mat workout

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 08-09-20, 06:13 AM  
Helen

Oh I'm behind!

Wed., 5th Aug.
60min, 6km brisk walk with school
Thu., 6th Aug.
39min, YouTube Step - Kat - Basic #2 with buddy
Fri., 7th Aug.
60min brisk walk with Alice
Sat., 8th Aug.