Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-03-20, 07:15 PM  
cyana

Today:
NordicTrack cardio/weight circuits: legs and shoulders
10 minutes of stretching
10 reps - down dog to COBRA (I originally did these in Lee's AM Qi Extended several years back and found they are really helpful for opening the front of the body).

My right shoulder is feeling a bit tweaky, so I'll have to baby it for a couple of days.

Pam - That's great that your current home is roughly mid-way between your sons. Hopefully you're able to get a good price on your condo - property in my area has gotten crazy expensive, COVID and all - go figure! Just one more thing to put in the roller coaster category, I guess.

Pat - Loved the description of the all the different fans - and especially the part about adding the ribbon. That takes me back to going into the local mom and pop hardware stores - before there was any such thing as a Home Depot or Lowe's. I'm jealous that you checked off everything on your to do list - mine would stretch all the way around the Equator these days.

Waves to ALL. I'm going to try to start winding down earlier this evening and do some legs up the wall while listening to music and pulling out the YTU balls again.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 08:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all from tropical storm CT. Yesterday featured:

~ MR Beauty to the Bone workout B-1 with my own heavier weight mods;
~ 50 Cyana crunches
~ 30 hip circle butt bridges

Best wishes with your shoulder Cyana. I hope you got to enjoy your LUTW.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 12:49 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:
~two city walks, 8 km total
~Ellen’s Core Cardio - this is a nice workout for a light day, standing core & balance
~ETV: Meg’s Hip Stretch

DH and I went out yesterday to run some quick errands, I order online and pick up at the door at my fave local shops. The streets were not crowded at all, not the usual norm here as Victoria is a tourist destination. We enjoyed a nosh & libation on an outdoor patio, tables well spaced, not crowded, staff wearing masks. We are trying to support local businesses as much as we can. We felt very safe. We head home today after we see the realtor.

Cyana - Sorry about your shoulder & hope the YTU balls help. House prices here are holding steady here, which is surprising during a pandemic. I think it’s a combination of low inventory and desirability as our covid cases are very low.

Pat - Nice workouts again! I hope the storm isn’t too bad.

Back later with today’s workouts....
Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 12:49 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Back with today’s workout:
~Ellen’s Modern Interval - This was a nice one, 45 min, high rep/low weight aero-tone intervals, definitely a brisker pace than her other streaming workouts. Reminded me of a Jessica Smith workout

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 08-05-20, 09:23 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Not much yesterday, but I did enjoy a nice Amy Ipolliti practice from Glo entitled Morning Self-Care.

We made it through the remains of Isaisis without losing power. It left me with a horrible headache from all the pollen getting dusted up though. I never want to have to utter that name again!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-05-20, 03:48 PM  
cowfishpro

Pat, maybe I missed this, but you don’t have air conditioning in your home? Sorry to hear about the pollen being so aggravating. I hope you have been okay with the storms in your area, otherwise. Wow, you have really upped your game in your workout regime!

Cyana, are you doing your stretching down dog/cobra on your own?

Pam, your outing with DH sounds delightful!

Stay well, everyone.
Old 08-05-20, 11:04 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s offerings:
~Taught Essentrics outside on the deck
~Cardio: Neighbourhood walk + 20 min Maxi Glider & 20 min rebounding while watching anatomy videos
~3 sets of 100 kb swings and moves also while watching anatomy videos - first time in a while, cautious about my back so used a light bell
~ePilates: barre legs
~MFML: Gentle Yoga for Travel

Pat - I’m glad you survived the storm with power intact. Was there any damage or flooding in your area?

Waves to all!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 08-06-20, 09:22 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Happy Thursday. We're having a break from humidity today. I saw my weatherman actually kiss the screen in an area upstate where it said 59 degrees, LOL. We had no power failures or floods thank goodness! Most of the state is powerless so I am a grateful girl.

But my headache reached crippling proportions last night. Fortunately I have the old fashioned 800 mg. Motrin stashed away. I rested with some meditations on my Kindle then tried another Glo practice - Reset Your Brain restorative with Tara Judelle, incorporating the MyPillow mini bolster. So nice.

Pam you might like the tampon for forward bending restorative. There were some forward bends over the bolster and Tara put a block under the top of the bolster for elevation and recommended a deflated Pilates ball to rest your forehead on. The MyPillow was fabulous, my forehead just melted into it and my head felt weightless. I also put it behind my head resting on the bolster in supta baddha konasana for more deliciousness.

Hi T, we don't have central air and rely on a window AC in the bedroom. My house is 100 years old and installing the HVAC duct work throughout is too pricey for us. It's so nice to see you pop in!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-06-20, 10:52 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Cardio: 25 min Maxi Glider & 25 min rebounding
~ePilates: Glute focused mat workout - I started her “Gorgeous Glutes in 8 Days” series yesterday, this is day 2....hmmmmm....will it work??? Stay tuned....
~Practiced Essentrics trademarks
~Yoga with Olga (YT): Magic 3 Poses for Hips & Back - This was a bit dry but pleasant & relaxing, reminded me of viniyoga.

Pat - Ugh Sorry you had such an awful headache but I’m glad you came through the storm unscathed. I definitely need to use the tampon more in my restorative practices!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 08-07-20, 06:49 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

A quick fly by......I've been awake since 4-ish, so I did a few things around the house and made myself a lovely omelet with local eggs, mushrooms and onions. It was delish. Hopefully I can get more local mushrooms at the market tomorrow.

I'll catch up with everyone over the week-end.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote