Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-29-19, 11:48 AM  
dianestjohn

I couldn't find clips anywhere and still I ordered; the price is very reasonable and I find interval training pretty efficient.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-19, 11:09 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
Why don't you do the free streaming trial and check it out?
I may just do that. I am leery that they will keep billing me, even after I cancel though. At this point, I have no interest in doing their streaming, as I have all their dvd sets. If I remember correctly, Pratima, you enabled me heavily I thank you for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
I couldn't find clips anywhere and still I ordered; the price is very reasonable and I find interval training pretty efficient.
I hope you like it!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-19, 11:22 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I do really like their DVDs! I admit, I got the $2/month streaming deal and haven't used it much. Like I said, my workout room is currently a disaster so I'm doing a free trial at Burn Bootcamp that just opened.

I feel like their site/company is more responsive and approachable than many of the others and that you wouldn't have trouble canceling. I will attempt to at least preview the workout though! I'm at my laptop ALL DAY so maybe I can at least watch some bits and pieces.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 10:11 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Bumping because the Intervalo series is now free to stream for Prime members.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YW5Z13V...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 01:40 PM  
Pam

Being a VFer, I had to go look at this at Amazon and found I purchased it about a year ago for $24.99! I will give it try this week and report back.
Old 08-02-20, 01:55 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Bumping because the Intervalo series is now free to stream for Prime members.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YW5Z13V...ing=UTF8&psc=1
It makes it seem like it's a free 30 day streaming trial for Prime members when I look. I didn't click on anything, so I don't know for sure, but wanted to give a heads up in case that's the deal.
Old 08-25-20, 12:45 PM  
Pam

I finally tried this set and it was a big disappointment. It was a cardio day, so i did the Cardio Workout. Joni O after 10 minutes.
It seemed a very low budget production. The set was dark, sound quality poor (for a few minutes it sounded like it was in a echo chamber), don't think there was any music. Beside the instructor (don't know her name), there was someone showing easier modifications and someone showing harder modifications. Even following the harder modifications (high impact ones done on my rebounder) my heart rate was not in a cardio range.

A Black woman was showing the harder modifications and was dressed in all black, except the soles of her shoes and a white strip on her leggings above her knees. On the dark set, in the back row, it was hard to see her. The instructor and the woman showing the easier modifications were white women, and were dressed all in white and light gray. So, it was much easier to see them. Very odd.

All 3 people seemed like they were in a high school gym class that they were being forced to do. I am going to preview one of the strength workouts in this set, but don't think it is going to be a keeper.
Old 08-25-20, 01:33 PM  
fanofladyvols

Sue B thanks for the heads up on having this as available on prime with no additional cost.

Pam the background exercisers change but the workouts and camera angles don't get any better IMHO. No music, very much a dungeon like atmosphere. The trainer appears to lose her breath and voice in spots even though she stops to point out the modifiers.

Sorry you didn't discover a hidden treasure in your collection.

Viewing this makes me REALLY appreciate the trainers and work product that I do use. Thank goodness this isn't what I have to rely on to use for my home workouts!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-20, 11:29 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
I finally tried this set and it was a big disappointment. It was a cardio day, so i did the Cardio Workout. Joni O after 10 minutes.
It seemed a very low budget production. The set was dark, sound quality poor (for a few minutes it sounded like it was in a echo chamber), don't think there was any music. Beside the instructor (don't know her name), there was someone showing easier modifications and someone showing harder modifications. Even following the harder modifications (high impact ones done on my rebounder) my heart rate was not in a cardio range.

A Black woman was showing the harder modifications and was dressed in all black, except the soles of her shoes and a white strip on her leggings above her knees. On the dark set, in the back row, it was hard to see her. The instructor and the woman showing the easier modifications were white women, and were dressed all in white and light gray. So, it was much easier to see them. Very odd.

All 3 people seemed like they were in a high school gym class that they were being forced to do. I am going to preview one of the strength workouts in this set, but don't think it is going to be a keeper.
Thanks, Pam, for your review on these DVD's! Now I know I can save my money.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-20, 07:49 AM  
Pam

Your welcome Karen! I liked the other XTrainFit sets, but these aren’t keepers. If anyone wants to try them, they can have them for postage costs. I only have the cover art, not the case. I will packed the DVDS, so they are protected for shipping.

Tags
intervalo, xtrainfit, xtrainfit intervalo