Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-31-20, 08:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

August 2020 Yoga Cross Trainers - Saluting the Sun

August hangs at the very top of summer, the top of the live-long year,
like the highest seat of a Ferris wheel when it pauses in its turning.

(Natalie Babbitt)

Welcome to the Yoga Cross Trainers!

We’re all about incorporating other workouts with our yoga practice. Weights, cardio, Pilates, barre, enjoyment of the great outdoors - anything goes. Our mat is always rolled out for newcomers and returners.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-20, 12:43 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting us off Pat, love the quote! Life sure has been like a ferris wheel this year.....a wild ride with lots of ups & downs.
Here’s to taking life one day at a time & enjoying the last half of summer!

I’ll be back tomorrow!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 07:16 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Pam - I liked the bit of roller coaster poetry, reminded me of those August evenings at the beach when you can just feel summer slipping away and you know school is right around the corner.

Hopefully I'll have a workout around the corner. I didn't accomplish anything formal yesterday. A band was playing in the park near my house so I just sat in the backyard after work to enjoy the music and the company of my bird and squirrel friends. I might try the gym today - I heard it's still mostly empty.
Old 08-02-20, 12:49 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick fly by for me.....
~ETV: Amanda’s Express Posture

We are down at our condo, cleaning after our Airbnb tenant left & doing some minor fix ups to get it ready for sale.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 08-02-20, 06:08 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,

I am sorry for not posting. I have not been doing much while resting my knees.

Yesterday, I finally got in a workout. I did a 15 minute walking workout "rep to the rhythm" from you tube. I enjoyed it. I was then able to do 35 minutes of a Soul Sweat class, which made me very happy I finished with a morning Yoga Upload class.

I will see what I'm up for today. I don't want to rush it and have my knees hurting again.

Pam, good luck with the sale!

Pat, please report back after trying the gym. They are still closed here (not that I belonged to one anyway). There is a gym owner that keeps reopening against our state government orders and they have been arrested. They opened it up again anyway! It sounds lovely to sit outside and listen to live music! Richard Thompson played a free outdoor show about an hour from us last week, but we did not go. It was a stifling hot night and I have no tolerance for heat.

Hi to Jackie, Kate, Cyana and Margot!

Cyana-I got an email that "Oh She Glows" has a dinner cookbook being released this fall. I am passing on it. I did not care for her last cookbook and did not use it (or keep it). Her supposedly quick recipes were still very time consuming. I hope she starts posting on her blog again.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 11:44 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I made it to Planet Fitness! I felt very safe. A lot of stuff was decommissioned except for the bulky weight machines which cause people using them to be far apart anyway. The ones I need most for my PT, the cable machines, were severely restricted, but I got near one to do my back prescription. OMG I got so weak there, no wonder my back is getting worse.

Mask wearing was mandatory. It had been wearing a mask while exiting and entering only, which deterred me from going for a long time. Now it's mandatory at all times on the premises. I didn't mind so much but drinking water was a pain. The place was like a ghost town.

I also did mat PT at home plus 35 hip circle bridges.

I'll catch up tomorrow!
Old 08-02-20, 01:50 PM  
cowfishpro

Thanks for starting us off, Pat! What a lovely quote. I’m so glad that are able to workout and feel safe doing so at the gym. Good for you!

Good luck with your cleaning, repair, and sale, Pam.

Sherry, I hope you are healing.

Cyana, you fit in a great variety of workouts.

I hope Jackie is well, and just busy.

As for me, I have just passed the 60 day mark on using ETV everyday. So far, I’m not interested in adding anything else in besides walking.

I’m happy to report that I completed the last couple of routines with NO knee sleeve and my knee is doing fairly well. So I think CS/ES is helping to realign things.

Some other observations:

-My weight is now below my original weight before the creep started
-My clothes are getting loose
-The advanced workouts no longer feel fast or stressful on my knee
-My overall mobility continues to improve

I hope everyone has a good week! I’ve been working from home since March but will have to report in in person starting this week.

Take care all, and remain safe!
Old 08-02-20, 07:41 PM  
cyana

Today:
Qi Gong for Headaches - extended program - Lee Holden
Holden - Healing Sound Meditation - Lungs
MFML - Haven for the Heart - Joo Teoh

My sleep has been in the crapper for the last 3-4 nights and today I woke up with a headache. I was sleeping soundly and shortly after midnight a police car went by the house with lights on and siren blasting, followed by another emergency vehicle with lights flashing (but thankfully no siren). What a jolt that was! Unfortunately, I was awake for hours after that. I'm going to go lie down on the bedroom floor and put my YTU balls under my neck for some additional neck relaxation after I finish here. Maybe I'll listen to some healing bowls meditation music.

It was a pleasant surprise to find 2 new practices by Joo Teoh and two by Clive Fogelman on MFML when I logged in today. Joo's practices are audio only, but I had no problem following his instructions. I think he moved outside of the country, so I'm happy he's recording new practices.

Pam - So have you decided not to move back into the city? No joke about 2020 being the Year of the Roller Coaster!!!

Sherry - I haven't purchased any cookbooks in several years. I must admit, I'm probably better about cooking from recipes posted on their blogs anyway. And speaking of - Lisa at downshiftology.com posted a yummy looking looking Southwest Chicken Salad recipe and a recipe for zucchini fritters this week.

Pat - I'm glad you had a good return to the gym. I'm definitely feeling the effects of slacking off on the weights last year!!

T - That's great news about your knee!!! Hope all goes well with your return to working on site this week.

Need to run and grab those YTU balls before it gets any later.

Hope all is well with Jackie, Kate and Margot.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 11:56 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s workouts:
~ETV: Alexa’s Cardio workout
~6 km city walk to run errands

Not terribly productive workout wise this weekend, but some functional fitness getting things in order. We’ve been replacing closet doors, rearranging, & cleaning. We’ve also been having some fun hanging out with our granddaughters.

Cyana - Ugh, Sorry about the insomnia & headache! No doubt they are related, lack of sleep is a migraine trigger for me. It has indeed been a roller coaster year! A couple of things factor into our decision to stay put...Covid of course & being situated halfway between both boys. We never thought DS2, as a foreign graduate, would get a medical residency here on the island. It is a dream come true for him & for us! He & his wife are about 100 km in one direction and DS1 & family are about 150 km in the opposite direction. One day we will move, but it won’t be for a few years.

Sherry & T - Glad your knees are better!

Pat - Nice workout & I am glad you felt safe at the gym.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 08-03-20, 10:17 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Yesterday I clean-housed my butt off and ticked off everything on my to do list. I inverted and rested a lot in between, then finished with Soothe & Stretch from Rodney Yee's Yoga for Energy & Stress Relief, plus 30 butt bridges. It's so hot in my house. My husband has so many varieties of fans going it looks like an old time hardware store in the kitchen and LR. I told him to tie ribbon to them.

Pam, good luck with getting your condo on the market. Sounds exciting! And especially enjoy your GDD time.

Sherry it's good to hear you were able to do some Soul Sweat. Keep getting better.

T, it sounds like ETV is working well for you. Those workouts can really be killer. My favorite was Meg when I was subscribing.

Aw Cyana I'm sorry to hear you have an insomnia headache. I hope your restoration with the balls will help and you get some better sleep. I couldn't sleep last night either.

Best wishes to anyone in the path of Iaisa. Just another day in 2020, I suppose.