Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-27-20, 04:01 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Yikes! That's a lot of rain! Stay safe.
Cleda - Yowza! That's a ton of riding in one day! And then you chased Pokemons! You are the endurance queen.
Pam - Consistency is your thing, along with prepping for your exam!

8/27 - 3000 Steps with some guy on YouTube. I enjoyed it, he didn't talk, mostly visual cues with a few on screen instructions. Then it was 20 minutes with Leslie doing an upper body workout with weights and walking intervals. I still need to walk the dogs and reach my step goal.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 05:09 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

July 27:
~Essentrics: Miranda’s Aging Backwards class on ETV, CS FB mini stretch, practiced exam trademarks
~20 min on maxi glider
~20 min rebounding
~ePilates: Calming Class - a simple yoga infused Pilates mat class

Helen - Yikes hope the rain doesn’t wash you away! Brings back memories of our time in Townsville last year during the great monsoon.

Cleda - You definitely are the endurance queen!

Lili - Enjoy your dog walk!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 05:03 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Thought my FitBit bit the dust ...

(My ONE that is!) but low and behold - it only needed to be reset. This has happened in the past as well. Let's see if it works all day today.

I'm pretty tired this a.m., but then realized I've been pushing pretty hard so an easy day may be in order.

7/27/2020: Adrian's 30 minute interval run (fastest yet ~ for me) and followed with a 10 minute cool down run. (both on the treadmill)

Lili: How is the stepbet going? How much longer do you have to go on it?

Pam: I chuckled at your "Groundhog day" comment. Mine is simply lather, rinse repeat!

Helen: Holy mackeral on the rain. We've been in a horrible hazy, hot humid trend here. I also remember when I wanted a "good" treadmill (right before I bought the bike). I was appalled at the prices. I was so glad the Landice factory was near me and they built me the 2018 (was it?) leftover treadmill for 1/2 price. Yes please. I think the Peloton is about my financial limit. I saved for months for that. (and I don't regret a single second of the purchase.)

Waves to Kay (and all lurkers)!!!

Ok, I have to go have more coffee, log my macros from yesterday and write to my coach. Till next time.... Thinking about what I might want to do on this second day of recess. (sleep?)

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 09:09 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

July 28:
~Ellen’s Power Express
~Cardio: 15 min gliding & 15 min rebounding
~Practiced Essentrics on zoom with my study group
~MFML: Re-Ground - a lovely 36 min slow flow class

Cleda - You have been working hard! A rest day might be good, we all need one now & then.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 07-29-20, 04:02 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Agreed

Pam: You are right - one of these days I will do a meditation day or something easy. I have been pushing hard.

Not a lot to report!
Fitbit charged and is working fine (the ONE).

Gotta go do some stuff before work, so here's the check in:

7/28/2020: Sam Yo's Low Impact ride 30 mins + CDE's 15 mins. of Arms & Shoulders

Not sure what's on the docket today.

Waves to all.
Cleda
Old 07-29-20, 05:26 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - It sounds like a rest day is in order! You've earned it! My treadmill is really old, but it works fine! I had an issue with it briefly, but we got a new magnet for it and no problems since then. I like it because it has a large belt and good horsepower.
Pam - you inspired me to look for Ellen on YouTube, but the only things I found did not appeal to me. I had done 1 or 2 of them several years ago, and they were just okay.
Waves to Helen & Kay!

7/28 - 30 min. Body Step #112, then a mile with Leslie and a dog walk. I really wanted to do a Peloton walk, but nothing would load for me yesterday?
7/29 - 30 min. 90's Pop Fun Walk with Selena (Peloton worked fine today), then 10 min. Cool Down Walk with Cody?, 20 min Strength for Runners with Becs. I still need to walk the dogs, which is going to happen after dinner. The humidity seems to drop a little by then.

I should have done the full version of Body Step, but I stepped on something earlier in the day and wasn't sure how my foot would feel. The foot was fine with shoes on, but today I dug a tiny sliver of glass out of it and it feels much better!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-20, 10:54 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

July 29:
~Taught Essentrics - 2 of my students joined me on my deck, it was soooo nice to see them! The others were on zoom.
~Cardio: 30 min on Maxi Glider & 30 min rebounding while watching videos
~Neighbourhood walk
~ePilates: Yogalates Chest Opening - This was more yoga than Pilates, a lovely stretch with a little back & shoulder toning, lots of twists & stretchy chest & shoulder openers

Lili - I do a month of Ellen on occasion, I like her a lot & I enjoy some of her online workouts....Yoga Tone, Prayer Flow, Power Express, & Barre workouts to name a few. But TBH, I find most of her newer cardio & fusion workouts to slow moving for me. I’m more of a Jessica Smith girl.

Cleda - If you love your Peloton, I’d say it’s worth every penny!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 07-30-20, 04:12 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

I feel all stretched out

Pam: I feel all stretchy and good after I read your workouts. does that count? Glad you enjoyed some real face time with a couple of students... we are social creatures aren't we?

Waves to everyone!
Have to do my check in and go workout. I am tired today. (My usual end of the work week exhaustion and no let up in sight).

7/29/2020: CDE 20 minutes legs & glutes workout (for the strength challenge). and then in the p.m. I did Ally Love's 60 minute "feel good ride". And it did. just pedaled it out. Nice music, nice pace. (I know I'm not pushing it when my mph is much lower than my usual Power Zone rides - - by as much as 1-2 mph ...)

Onward ... Can't believe we're almost in August.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 07-30-20, 10:49 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

July 30:
~Short paddle in our canoe....until the wind and white caps came up I was looking forward to fresh oysters, but maybe tomorrow!
~Cardio: 30 min maxi glider & 30 min rebounding - watching Essentrics teaching videos
~ePilates: Mat workout with hand weights
~Yin stretches while watching more videos

Cleda - I’ll keep stretching vicariously for you, lol! Yes we are social creatures! I am a bit of an introvert so it hasn’t been too hard for me, but I am missing social contact. Sorry work is crazy for you, hope it settles down.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 07-31-20, 07:30 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Don't fall over ...

I took a very slow/easy day. Go figure.
I ran out of time, I was ok with that and I didn't do a workout when I got home from work! WOW ... progress (for me).

7/30/2020: Olivia's 10 mins. Core

That's it. that's all .... But it counts.

Today will be ... hmmm. not sure. I have to get going on these recess workouts. I feel like a slacker. (I know I"m not. But without a schedule, this is what happens).

Waves to all! Make it a great day.
Cleda