Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-20, 06:50 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies-Looked for My Phone in My Car. Using My Phone as a Flashlight. Ugh 7/26

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-20, 06:55 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This theme cracked me up. It's something I would do.

We're back into the uber hot temperatures. Ugh. I have a tutoring session this afternoon. I'll cook for me around lunch and for DH around dinner and I need to do some laundry.

Everyone have a good day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-26-20, 08:27 AM  
sciencelady

Thanks for getting us started, Laura! I could probably relate to that theme also if I had a iPhone .

It's another rainy day here, but also hot and steamy. I've been running my AC all weekend. I did get a lot done yesterday - did laundry and washed everything down in the basement (futon cover for couch, blankets, sheets, carpets, towels), so hopefully pretty clean for my friends in a few weeks. I also cleaned the kitchen and bathroom down there as well as washing off the floors. On the desk side, I finished the audit, signed off and submitted the final report. Yay!

Today, I hope to get a walk in with Gus, even in the rain - it's kind of cool to see the deer sometimes in the park on quiet days like today. Otherwise, more putzing around the house.

Dede, why is your husband rebooting at every store? Does he not wear it to drive, then need to put it on? I live on Aleve (a generic naproxen actually)! I'd suggest going to an orthopedic doctor to have your joints checked out. The clinic I go to though is so specialized I had to see different docs for shoulder, knee, hip and ankle.

Laura, I'd like to continue having my little zebra finches - they peep, but don't scream or call loudly, so wouldn't upset any neighbors. I just like them as they are in constant motion and peeping with each other during the day. I've figured out having two males keeps them from having babies! I had offspring issues years before when I lived in madison. If a cat would tolerate the birds and not hunt them down, I might try one again. My last poor cat didn't have a good life as it had to be separated from my dog, and me, that had the main floor. I've got some friends in condos now that have small dogs that they train to pee and poop on pads instead of taking them out every few hours. Somehow, I'm not much of a fan of that! Hope your tutoring goes well today!

Paula, enjoy your trip to Catalina!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart!)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-20, 08:22 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No real workout this morning other than doing my PT stretchs and a little stretching on my own. We're leaving tomorrow morning for Catalina on the boat, we hope to be there four nights. So I'll be gone for a few days.

Laura, thanks for getting us started. Loved the theme cuz it's exactly something I would do. I've been know to search for my glasses while they were pushed up on my head.

Anita, sounds like you had a busy day cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. Your friends will be appreciative. The zebra finches sound like the perfect apartment or condo pets.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-20, 07:31 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on going in to see my ophthalmologist (the Doctor one) this morning to check my glaucoma. He was to have retired in March, but delayed due to the Covid-19. I'm hoping to see where he recommends I go from now on. Otherwise walking Gus and putzing around outside - weather should be lots nicer and cooler/less humid today! So far, Gus is enjoying just sitting outside .

Paula, enjoy your cruise!

Anita
Old 07-27-20, 01:30 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

DH and I went on a walk this morning before it was too hot. Later, I did half of a strength circuit workout by Sydney Cummings on YouTube.

This evening, I have a tutoring session and I need to clean up the main living area some. Mom and Dad want to come over later in the week for lunch and I need to get the house in shape to be seen. I have my crafting stuff spread all over. Hopefully, after that, it won't be so bad.

I gotta stop reading the pandemic thread here at VF. Now people are saying they are ready to leave the country and move to another country where life would be great. To me, it looks like they are so frustrated with the selfishness of those who don't wear masks, etc. that they are going to pick up their lives, leave everyone who is trying to do the right things in this situation with them, and abandon the country. I'm not sure why it hit me so wrong today. I just find it frustrating when people seem to lose all perspective.

Anita - Send the cooler weather south and east! I hope the doctor referred you to someone good.

Paula - I hope your trip goes well and you see the eagles.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-27-20, 06:17 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Today's workout was Ramped Up Upper Body.

Okay, Anita, you can have a cat. I just think you'd enjoy having some kind of pet, especially since you're used to it. The podiatrist told us that it's illegal to drive with a boot on your right foot. He stressed that repeatedly to me when I fractured my foot, and we are getting it now for DH as well. But I was much more complaint than DH is. And I know what a pain it is to have to change it that often. That's why I offer to take him to town when he wants to go.

Laura, I don't even attempt Sydney's workouts. She's way beyond me these days. It does make me think of Mary. I hope she is well. I believe this pandemic is fatiguing everyone. I wouldn't mind living somewhere else, but that's more because other places are so beautiful. But I really just think those people are worn out, and we all react differently when we are there.

I hope Paula has a wonderful time on Catalina.

DH and I went shopping again. (I begin to think I will never be able to shop alone again.) Communicating through our masks was a riot. At one point, he asked me where the sardines were. I thought he said he was starving. I don't know why we have so much trouble. Other couples in the store didn't. Maybe it's the type of masks we wear? I thought it was funny, but he seemed annoyed. There were more people wearing masks at Kroger than there were at Walmart last week. Then we went to Home Depot where a few people blatantly ignored the mask mandate. There were some people who gave pointed dirty looks to the non-maskers. They didn't seem to care.

A few functional medicine people I respect are anti-mask. Some are even questioning if the virus exists. This virus sure is polarizing. No wonder everyone is so tired.

It's hot here. H.O.T. I was actually sweating on my mask, indoors!

During the beginning of the pandemic, I was stress eating. I don't weigh myself because I go to bad places when I do. (History of eating disorders.) But I could tell I was gaining the COVID 15 because my clothes were getting tight. So in May, I tightened up on my eating. I then knew I was losing because my clothes were getting loose. I had three doctor appointments in June, and I weighed a little less at each one. Unfortunately, my weight for the last visit was the exact weight at which I always plateau. Since I don't weigh, I don't know if I'm still losing. Today I decided to measure my waist because I was trying to figure out which size I might need for an online item of clothing. To say I was distressed is an understatement. I checked it out on the waist-to-height ratio chart, and I am still overweight. My BMI is still in the overweight range as well. It's frustrating to work so hard and feel as if you are getting nowhere.

Oh, well. Now that I've brightened everyone's day, I'll bid you all a good evening.
Old 07-28-20, 07:29 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus, getting some chair yoga in, listening in on a financial seminar, and doing more putzing - vacuuming looks like it's on my list today.

Laura, I've got to get my house and the basement cleaned up also - on my end, dog hair and dust seem to be the big things to clean up . My doctor put off his retirement for another year, so I'll see him again in six months. He's 68 currently. I just don't want to hear that he died while working still - not enjoying a single day of retirement.

Dede, I like pets , Even my little chirping birds don't directly interact with me like Gus does, but I enjoy watching their projects and taking care of them. I got restricted for driving after my knee replacement on the right, but guess my driving isn't as restricted on the hip coming up. I thought it was because of my pain drugs, but guess it was because my foot may not have the feeling range as much as before while healing. I'm having a tougher time following people's talk behind the mask - didn't realize I relied on seeing people's mouths shape words as much, acoustics get a bit muffled also. I've gained fat and lost muscle - I was surprised my entire weight went down, but I'm still a fat chick .

Anita
Old 07-28-20, 06:12 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Today's workout was a premix from Party Rockin' Step #1. This is the complex one (#2 is more athletic). It was tougher than I thought it would be. Not choreography (I expected that to be tough), but physically. I'm glad, though. It's good to work a little harder without killing my knee. I only struggled with one combo, but I think I had it at the end. Right before we went on to the next combo.

I keep saying I'll add some yoga, but I rarely do. Part of it is my general ennui since COVID struck, but some of it is how often DH seems to be home and the help he needs. Plus, I've been tired lately. Ah, excuses.

Anita, some people don't enjoy retirement. But I know what you mean. Someone on GD talked like her husband practically killed himself to make sure she would be well-provided for, and then he died before he could retire. I enjoy watching the birds outside, so I'm sure having some indoors would be nice. I just think it would be nice for you to have some kind of pet.

Have a great evening!
Old 07-28-20, 08:03 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It's another scorcher here. We went for a walk this morning before 9:00 am and it was already 80+ degrees. Later, I did a low-key tabata workout which did get my heart rate up and down, but wasn't hard.

This afternoon, I cleaned the kitchen/living room area some and cooked for DH's dinner. Mom and Dad are picking up Mexican food and bringing it over on Friday.

Dede - It would probably be more accurate to say I did a workout inspired by a Sydney workout. She used heavy weights. I used light weights. I did the moves shallower than she did. Etc. My version was a good workout for me.

Anita - I hope your doctor is okay in the coming months. Vacuuming is probably on my list tomorrow.

I started this post this morning and apparently didn't post it. I just came back online and found it.

Laura's Workout Mantras: