Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-20, 10:01 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

You can also buy some diaper rash cream. (I was told to do this by a friend.) It works great. Only thing is that is comes in a large tube so you have a lot left over. Find a new Mom who needs it.
Old 07-24-20, 10:03 AM  
DCW

Glad everything went well.

Idk when I am scheduled again.

I will remember to ask for the flavor you got. I had grape. It was like drinking grape cough syrup, ugh. The taste was the worst part.

I always had great medical staff and we laughed a lot.

Thanks for letting us know how it turned out.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-20, 10:20 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
It didn't taste as bad as I feared; when paired with diet cherry soda it was like liquid Sour Patch Kids. .
You got to drink diet cherry soda? I was told no red liquids. All I have on prep day is diet ginger ale, white grape juice and chicken broth. All of these doctors are different. Some say no vitamins, some say no nuts and seeds....
Old 07-24-20, 10:28 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
You got to drink diet cherry soda? I was told no red liquids. All I have on prep day is diet ginger ale, white grape juice and chicken broth. All of these doctors are different. Some say no vitamins, some say no nuts and seeds....
I should've made it clear (hehe) that it was CLEAR diet soda. I was told to avoid nuts, seeds and corn for a week prior, and on prep day I was allowed to have black coffee (yaay!) chicken or beef broth, clear liquids, Jello, light-colored popsicles etc. I treated myself to some ginger beer and a white coconut popsicle.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-20, 10:53 AM  
donnamp

Sue B - congratulations! It is such a relief when it is all over. Being told I didn't have to come back for decade was music to my ears. Although, I have to admit, I think next time this comes around, I'm going to do Cologuard. I really don't want to do that prep again!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-20, 10:56 AM  
gladgirl

Had mine this past March before all this hit the fan....
The prep crap (no pun intended) was the worst part of the whole experience.
My doctor and his team are the best.
I woke up and was ready to go...but of course I had to wait so they could do our check up...no foggy head, no issues whatsoever. The cocktail was perfect.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-20, 11:13 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I should've made it clear (hehe) that it was CLEAR diet soda. I was told to avoid nuts, seeds and corn for a week prior, and on prep day I was allowed to have black coffee (yaay!) chicken or beef broth, clear liquids, Jello, light-colored popsicles etc. I treated myself to some ginger beer and a white coconut popsicle.
Oh, okay. I've had two colonoscopies so far. The first doctor made a big deal about the nuts and seeds; never mentioned vitamins. The second doctor didn't say one word about nuts and seeds; but said not to take herbal medicines and supplements. Then the office called me a few days before the appointment and told me supplements didn't just mean herbal supplements, it meant vitamins and minerals too. Whatever.
Old 07-24-20, 11:44 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Hey, I had one two days ago, too. All is well; however, I had lots of inflammation - later determined to be from e. coli! It goes away on its own, I had no symptoms and the doc said it was just fate that I happened to be having a colonoscopy while I had e. coli. What the heck did I eat? Does my hubby have it, too? No clue.

P.S. When did they take banana popsicles off the market? I made it through the clear liquid diet day on one little lime jello cup, half a cup of coffee and two Disney Frozen mini-popsicles smaller than an old fashioned clothes pin!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-20, 11:58 AM  
Carol K

Did you get a bagged salad from the grocery store, Joni? Seems like they're always having a recall on those.
Old 07-24-20, 12:00 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
however, I had lots of inflammation - later determined to be from e. coli! It goes away on its own, I had no symptoms
wow - you must have a strong immune system - glad to hear you're OK and that the procedure went well.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cancer, colonoscopy, colonoscopy prep, diverticulitis, medical tests, polyps