Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-20, 03:33 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Anyone else watching Dr. Fauci's live stream right now? He's dropping a ton of truth bombs. Like begging people not to make this political.
https://twitter.com/GUPolitics/statu...21736167362560
(I don't think you need to be signed in or registered to twitter to watch)

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 07-14-20, 03:36 PM  
Hsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlorrie View Post
I'm not freaked out about it, but I don't want to catch it and especially would not want to spread it. I live in MA, and we had the third highest cases in the country when this outbreak began. Our governor mandated masks on May 6 as cases started to decline. We're in Phase 3 of reopening, and the percent positives cases continued to decline and are holding steady around 1.8%.

I don't like masks, and they are uncomfortable, but I still wear one when I go out. They make a huge impact on transmission. Plus I don't want people have to shut down businesses again! I know many people who are approaching financial ruin due to the shutdown. Wearing a mask seems such a small sacrifice.

Lorrie
I am really disheartened by this whole thing. what hope is there for humanity and planet earth? We have real problems (including this pandemic) and denying the existence of a problem is certainly not going to help anything.
we have to learn to embrace objective/critical thinking and work together to solve problems. Sometimes our personal freedoms have to take a backseat.
Old 07-14-20, 03:37 PM  
Gams

Yes, county fair - Head of the Lakes Fair.
Old 07-14-20, 04:06 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Anyone else watching Dr. Fauci's live stream right now? He's dropping a ton of truth bombs. Like begging people not to make this political.
https://twitter.com/GUPolitics/statu...21736167362560
(I don't think you need to be signed in or registered to twitter to watch)
Thank you Sue! I'm assuming it's over, but I can't get the stream to re-play yet.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
Old 07-14-20, 04:16 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Totally don't understand the folks who think it's a hoax and who won't wear a mask - it's such a small thing to do. I don't see how being asked to wear a mask is any different than being asked to wear pants or a shirt in public. Give me a break!

Carol
Old 07-14-20, 04:55 PM  
Izzy

I am not freaked out. I am just tired of it all. I have been working and we opened our library yesterday. Between the conspiracy theorist, the paranoid and the resisters I am just done. Everyone's emotions are very high and everyone is feeling very strongly one way or another. This is truly testing humanity right now.
Old 07-14-20, 05:54 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Yes, county fair - Head of the Lakes Fair.
Gotcha. They cancelled ours quite a while back.

So far the Ren Fest was still on when I looked a week or two ago. I can't imagine it not being cancelled too. The one in Bristol/Kenosha, WI was cancelled. I think this is the 50th year for the MN one and supposed to be the last year at that location so it would be a bummer not to have it but there is no way to social distance at a big fest like that.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 07-14-20, 06:09 PM  
bubbles76

Vantreesta, the RenFaire in Tuxedo, NY was canceled as well . I was really looking forward to going this year. This would be Tiny Bubble's first time at a big RenFaire.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 07-14-20, 06:18 PM  
wendug

I live in Chicago and most there are good about wearing masks. I decided to visit my folks in Southern Indiana and it is a whole different world here. Very few people wearing masks. Luckily my parents have a big house so I have my own bedroom, bathroom, and living area. It is so weird visiting and NOT hugging them, but I'm trying to be safe. No symptoms of being sick, but better safe than sorry. I've gone grocery shopping for them a couple of times and even employees of stores aren't wearing masks. Maybe 1/3 of people are wearing masks. I just avoid anyone not wearing them. And I'm the one getting strange looks for wearing a mask!

I hate that this mask wearing has turned political. Southern Indiana is a very red area and I can definitely tell by the reactions to masks. Luckily my parents are staying home except for grocery and pharmacy trips. I'm glad I came to visit to help my folks a bit. But it is eye opening to see the difference in red and blue areas of the country.
Old 07-14-20, 06:27 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Vantreesta, the RenFaire in Tuxedo, NY was canceled as well . I was really looking forward to going this year. This would be Tiny Bubble's first time at a big RenFaire.
I hope Tiny Bubble enjoys it whenever you do get to go! Our friends' kids enjoy it but of course they want everything they see! Okay, maybe I kinda get carried away myself.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, masks, pandemic, what a drag it is