Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-25-19, 11:31 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
Sure! I think it works by massaging and stretching the tendons in the foot, much like the spiky balls do, so any foot covering where you can still feel the rocks would be fine.
Good to know! I recently stocked up on wool socks so I should be fine if I ever need to try this technique.

Forgot to mention that I recently started wearing my Oofos clogs after a long time without wearing them at all, and I realized that my feet really were more comfortable. Inspired by that I bought a new pair of shoes, the Oofos Oomg in black on black. Very comfortable. They market themselves as 'recovery' footwear, but I wear mine (clogs and shoes) all day.
Old 03-17-19, 05:15 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i ended up getting the following night splint from Amazon (has a coupon too for that listing):
https://smile.amazon.com/ACE-Fasciit...s%2C296&sr=8-3

it works - i had less pain the next morning i woke up. i judged it based on how i felt the minute i got out of bed and put weight on that foot. i'd say the pain went down by about 50%. i have to put it on tight. circulation is still good while wearing it - it's just that i thrash around at night and it sometimes comes loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post
I've been wearing this for a couple of months (at night and when I exercise) and it's made a huge difference.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
i studied the one you mentioned and got really close to buying it. i even considered sewing my own after looking up wide and heavy duty elastic.

instead, i came up with this idea: just use a regular yoga strap and criss cross it the same way that the Dr AZ compression sleeve brace wraps it. i can even go "twice" around - i start above my ankle, criss-cross down, under my arch, then back up and i tie it really tight on the top.

the good thing is that the yoga strap, which is 1.5" wide, will not stretch out since it is non-elastic. i can even wear shoes with it. i just have to maybe add some velcro to keep the ends fastened, but you can make it really tight.

while wearing the yoga strap, it has raised my awareness of how i might be overextending my ankle while walking.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-19, 11:35 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I’m glad the splint is helping Jeannine!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-19, 03:12 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

second day of using the yoga strap wrap, and pain was down to about 5%. strap stayed on during the night too!

when i am not using the strap, i am more conscious of keeping my foot at a 90% angle, even wiggling my toes "upward" to work the muscles that way.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plantar fasciitis