Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-18, 10:07 PM  
bettyboopboop

Thank you, Jane! That is very encouraging! I have looked through several threads about PF as well and have been trying to sort out the various interventions in my head. When I first started having these issues, my immediate response was to stretch-stretch-stretch! Gastrocnemius and soleus were my focus. I already stretch/do gentle yoga/foam roll about 5 times per week for my knee pain, so I tried incorporating more stretches/SMR for my calves, ankles, and feet. I think it helps a bit, but if I stretch too much, I honestly feel like it hurts more. I read on a PT blog that PF involves strained/over-stretched tissue, so sometimes stretching doesn't help. I've been trying to find ways to stretch my calves/feet without putting too much strain on my heel. Definitely a great way to learn/gain awareness of my body

I've been trying to do calf raises and arch exercises when it doesn't hurt as well. I got the MELT method foam roller and balls. I tried the MELT sessions for the feet several times and even though I used the gentlest ball, it still bugged my heel.

I've been experimenting with different shoes. I actually have a pair of Vionic sandals that I've had for many years that I bought for knee pain. I try to wear those instead of barefoot in the house, but I could focus on it more.

The last few nights I've been wearing my Yogatoes for 10-15 minutes before bed (basically they stretch out the toes and give the feet a good stretch). My right heel feels a bit better tonight! Not sure if it's because of that or just because I had a very sedentary day at work today with only 4500 steps and no workout. Feels really nice to not be in as much pain! Hopefully will continue!

Thank you for your compassion and hope orientation. Very much appreciated! I hope we both are over this very soon!
Old 08-01-18, 10:38 PM  
MsThistlebottom

I forgot to add that wearing Yogatoes is part of my protocol as well! I gradually worked up to wearing them 30 minutes or so in the evening. And I definitely notice less pain the following morning, so I intend to keep them in my treatment plan and use them regularly as a preventive measure. Here's to happier feet!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-18, 06:16 AM  
horsemom2

I had a bad bout of PF a few years ago and the JumpSport 350/370 was unusable barefoot and even with shoes in the first month.
I did most of my cardio on a chair or large stability ball and used athletic tape.

After a month or two, Futuro 3M arch supports from CVS were wonderful and enabled bare feet health bouncing.
I still use them whenever I feel a twinge.

Anyway I am back to bouncing on several different bungees but found firmer was better in the earlier stages of returning to bouncing.

I do want to suggest a wonderful rubbing oil from Frankincense and Myrrh. I have found their *Neuropathy* or similar compounds which are alittle less expensive much more effective than Arnica gel for intense pain. I truly believe if I tried it back then, suffering would have been minimized.
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-18, 09:48 PM  
bettyboopboop

Joan- Glad to hear yogatoes have had a positive impact for you! There are 1000s of positive reviews on amazon, so I figured it can't hurt. My feet are feeling pretty good again this evening! I had another day of really low step count (less than 4000 so far today) which isn't how I want my activity level to be regularly, but I'm sure it helps with the irritation/inflammation to have a little more rest-focused days. I did my yoga/foam rolling/stretching this morning and am wearing my yogatoes now. I only took 1 naproxen and no tylenol tonight because my feet are feeling pretty darn good. Not sure if it'll last but I'm grateful for the reprieve and trying to learn as I go. Again, very much appreciate you're knowledge and support!

Barb- It's so helpful to hear from people that their PF got better and they were able to rebound after. I need to try some of your videos for using a stability ball for cardio! I hate being inactive, but my knees get cranky if I bike too long, so this might be a great solution.

Also, thank you for the Frankincense and Myrrh suggestion! I looked it up on amazon and people have reported amazing results. After reading reviews, it also makes me really grateful that I don't live with the kind of pain some of the reviewers have. Always good to get perspective, while still being compassionate with oneself, I think.

I'm inspired to stay positive and believe that I will bounce again someday! Thank you so much, ladies!

Tags
bellicon, bellicon bungees, bellicon foot pain, plantar fasciitis