Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-16, 11:36 AM  
sherry7899

Norakate is not on Facebook.(we communicate outside of VF so that is how I know that.)

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 05-29-16, 12:27 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlroman View Post
If you're on Facebook and use messenger on your cell phone, they recently started giving any of your friends the ability to call you - whether they have your number or not. And you can't opt out. So if this person were a FB friend as well as being in the forum, that could be it.
This is so disturbing. Makes me glad I don't have a smart phone.

You'd think someone in charge of developing the software would think through the real world implications of their work. Just being 'Friends' on a website shouldn't give someone access to you in other ways, especially not something as direct a phone call. Yikes.

Can't the offending caller be reported to whatever social media site you're referring to?

If they're a member here, definitely report it to Wendy. Out of bounds behavior needs to be known. This community has standards of behavior it expects of the membership.
Old 05-29-16, 12:28 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I'm so sorry you were harassed, NoraKate.
So it was a VFer who did this?? Some behavior is simply inexcusable and Wendy should ban him or her!
Old 05-29-16, 12:39 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I am sorry that you were harassed too, Nora Kate I have also noticed a lot of um, ugly comments and temper tantrums lately that have led to closed threads. This is so depressing to see here.
Sherry
Old 05-29-16, 12:44 PM  
KarenP
VF Supporter

*ooops, posted in the wrong place. SORRY.

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
Old 05-29-16, 12:57 PM  
Arielle96

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfit41 View Post
I am sorry that you were harassed too, Nora Kate I have also noticed a lot of um, ugly comments and temper tantrums lately that have led to closed threads. This is so depressing to see here.
Sherry
I agree on all fronts. Being contacted and threatened on your personal phone is unconscionable.

I also agree that this place is definitely changing. Very sad. Makes me leary to even post anymore.
Old 05-29-16, 01:04 PM  
lorajc

NoraKate - please don't leave....I so enjoy your wit and charm!! Also your belly dancing suggestions!! Hope you'll stick around.
Old 05-29-16, 01:11 PM  
sherry7899

Norakate has a huge depth of knowledge about bellydance dvds.

A few years ago I mentioned to her I was thinking of buying a yoga bolster after Christmas. A few weeks later one showed up on my doorstep from her. She also handmade for me two kindle covers with Snoopy fabric. She knows I love Snoopy
She is extremely generous and I would really miss her posts.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 05-29-16, 01:17 PM  
Sara1000

I am sorry a person on VF has been so mean, but I do believe this is still the best forum - I've been a member for many years, and although I have seen some spiteful behavior way back when, for the most part the conversations here are considerate and aimed at being helpful. I hope NoraKate will give F another chance and we can all move past this.

I'm not sure what exactly happened but I have an idea it is related to someone defending a product that others were skeptical of.
Old 05-29-16, 01:23 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

The phone call is very disturbing. For the life of me, I have no idea how anyone here would know your last name, where you live, and let alone your phone number. If it is someone hear who contacted you, Wendy needs to get involved.

In fact, I think the OP needs to contact Wendy, and Wendy needs to update the community on what exactly is going on, because to be honest, I'm really am confused. I think I know the post that Nora is referring to, but I find it hard to believe that anyone in that thread has a stalk-ish mentality.

I was just on the receiving end of a nasty post here on VF, and the VFer also had to take it to PM, which was even more nasty. So I know the feeling when someone is willing to stoop to such a low level of nastiness.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Closed Thread