Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-13-13, 12:56 AM  
msladybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP View Post
Just an update, I've been able to knock my PF pain down 80% wearing these Crocs Mercy shoes. They are at least twice as cushy as all the other Crocs I've seen. This model is narrower than the average Croc and seems to offer more foot & arch support.

I wear them pretty much day & night, at work under slacks, out shopping, in the garden. They seem to work better for me than Danskos, Logs, Kurus, New Balance and all of the other shoes I've tried.
The Croc are cute and they do appear to have substantial cushioning. Where do you buy them? I'm not sure I want to order online. I have a wide forefoot and narrow heal.

I wore a boot cast for 6 weeks...foot was comfortable in it, it had no arch support but lots of cushion. So now I'm thinking the heal strike cushion is more important than the arch support. Wearing the boot cast, my arch pain that developed from PT went away. But as soon as the cast came off, the heal and Achilles pain came back.

From the photo...they appear to have a negative heal...or is that just the look from the outside? Do they have build in arch support? Or is it flat so you can put your own orthotic in?
msladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 08:49 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Crocs Mercy shoes at Famous Footwear

You can try the Crocs Mercy shoe out at Famous Footwear stores. That's the only place I've seen them. They have some arch support. It's not a negative heel, almost flat - perhaps a 1/4 or 1/2" heel elevation.

The problem with arch supports is it's not flat enough inside and the orthotic can move around and since feet tend to sweat in Crocs, the inserts get soggy. But my twin sister uses these stick-on rubbery kind and says they work:
http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Scholls-Hid...rds=gel+arches

I know I should be wearing my orthotics but for some reason I don't need them in these Crocs. If you have a wide forefoot you probably should try them before buying them. If you can't find a Famous Footwear shoe store by you, order them from Amazon or a shoe store that has free return shipping.

Crocs are not your typical orthotic shoes. But it's sure nice to pay 1/5 of what I paid for my Danskos to get some comfort and pain relief.

My sister & I now joke about how slow-healing and frustrating PF is, and how futile it seems to spend time & money trying to fix it when really there's no logic to it, no predictable course, and no treatment guarantees. PF is on it's own schedule and trajectory.

So we tease each other when one of us buys a new pair of shoes or a new stretching tool or go in for steroid shots, we say it's like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. It never seems to make a difference. We even started calling the disorder the 'P.F. Titanic'. Sad really....

Tags
coach nicole, plantar fasciitis, sparkpeople