Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-11, 06:12 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
I clicked on the link in the OP, got a page that said webpage not found, then my anti-virus program popped up a box saying a risky connection was blocked.

I'd advise all of you who clicked on it to run a virus scan.
Oh dear.
I have a Mac, nothing came up problematic for me and the site looks legit. But for those who want to know what it said w/out having to click on the link...
Quote:
There was a time when you were five years old,
and you woke up full of awesome.

You knew you were awesome.

You loved yourself.

You thought you were beautiful,
even with missing teeth and messy hair and mismatched socks inside your grubby sneakers.

You loved your body, and the things it could do.

You thought you were strong.

You knew you were smart.

Do you still have it?
The awesome.

Did someone take it from you?
Did you let them?
Did you hand it over, because someone told you weren’t beautiful enough, thin enough, smart enough, good enough?
Why the hell would you listen to them?
Did you consider they might be full of ****?

Wouldn’t that be nuts, to tell my little girl below that in another five or ten years she might hate herself because she doesn’t look like a starving and Photoshopped fashion model?
Or even more bizarre, that she should be sexy over smart, beautiful over bold?
Are you freaking kidding me?

Look at her. She is full of awesome.

You were, once. Maybe you still are. Maybe you are in the process of getting it back.

All I know is that if you aren’t waking up feeling like this about yourself, you are really missing out.
*and this was followed by a picture of her 5 yr. old rocking out some sunglasses in a super-star pose*
Very cute.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 08:34 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I'm on a PC with Explorer and XP and plenty of virus scanning and received no warnings.

And I spent today in 90 degree heat cleaning carpets in the house of my MIL who recently had a stoke and am now drinking red wine and feeling fairly awesome. Actually, DH did most of the cleaner pushing while I did the vacuuming, small stuff moving and helped with the big stuff (see hand issue in signature) and that made me feel even more awesome. Love that man 95% of the time and that 5% really only comes up under stress, like now, which we deal with differently.

And the 5% came up a couple days ago when I told him I'd read MENSA only required a combined score of 1250 on the old-style SATs so I qualified and he replied that they were known for not actually being that hard to get into. Note that his scores make mine look shabby and that was one of the attractions. He had recently told his truely brilliant nephew that I was smart when I creamed the kid in a trivia contest so I'm not holding his faux pas against him right now - banked brownie points.

Sometimes it's strange what circumstances will actually make you feel awesome.

PS The MIL is a very tough 87 YO diabetic and doing very well in rehab, all things considered. We're trying to keep it that way for my 83 YO FIL who's in great shape (he rides his bike an hour daily 2 months after back surgery) but will be devastated when she goes. Lots of awesome here lately so I'm sharing. And the wine is sharing, too.

PPS Please forgive the spelling. I had bad ear infections as a kid in an era before tubes and my sister the teacher says that makes for a bad speller. She can spell; I can't. The wine can't spell, either. But I bet my punctuation's awesomely right on.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 11:05 PM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

Hi Karen Jo! I fondly remember you from the Kari trip! Do you still have the beautiful garden?

I loved the link. Posted it to my fb. thanks!
Old 08-03-11, 11:24 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Mary. are you up late or really early? I always used to post replies to your morning posts before I went to bed.

I don't have that place any more, We have a large condo downtown but I have pots on the terrace there and a nice garden at the house I bought for my mother in California. We cut back a bit on houses and gardens when we had three places that needed exterioir painting the same year and I started feeling a bit too old to keep up with three large pieces of property in two states.

Are you still in the same place? I remember photos of a VF get together at your house.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 06:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Great, great, great. It reminded me when my DD was younger and nothing could stop her! She's still doesn't let much stop her now but yea, it's not quite the same as being 5. Thanks for sharing.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote