Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-11, 04:58 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobinicole View Post
Is this for one or two players? Also do you need the balance board? I looked at the description on Amazon and couldn't figure it out. I didn't know if you needed two controllers per person or what. This looks like a good way to have my girls get rid of some of their energy since it is so hot outside we haven't been going out to play as much.
You can have one or two players, with either one or two remotes apiece. Some of the segments call for a balance board (some of the dance and yoga) and one of the minigames requires the Motion Plus plug, but you can play those segments on "video mode" where they just play the segment and you follow along, like a DVD.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 07:17 AM  
Nairobinicole

Thanks Sue B. I added it to my Amazon cart. One day I will learn to stop opening Rave threads. Lol.
Nairobinicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-11, 09:41 PM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

another fan here! This is the first "active" wii game that my grandson, age 7, LOVES! He likes quite a few of them, but he is totally intrigued by traveling the world. He's using the karate to keep up his summer Taekwondo practice. Cute.

Great game!
Old 07-29-11, 10:05 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary W View Post
another fan here! This is the first "active" wii game that my grandson, age 7, LOVES! He likes quite a few of them, but he is totally intrigued by traveling the world. He's using the karate to keep up his summer Taekwondo practice. Cute.

Great game!
Mary, my younger DD is also 7, and this is the first active game that she actually wants to play. When she hears the introduction music, she comes running to the basement! She isn't really into the martial arts, but she loves the hip-hop, the dance fever minigame, and of course the Around The World.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-11, 12:12 PM  
adrien_73

Well, consider me enabled!

I've been interested in this for a while but held out because I don't play with the Wii as often. For the price, sounds like it will be worth it, espcially since I love the boxing in the Gold's Gym cardio workout! I think the karate will be a lot of fun!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-11, 12:26 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I checked this out on Amazon (what a great price) but wanted to confirm that the segments can be played continuously, instead of having to be individually selected? That is one of the reasons I almost never use Wii Fit Plus, even though many of the segments are fun. Is there some sort of matrix option where you can choose all your segments so they can be strung together, or choose premixes that already have some strung together?

I tried to find this answer on the Amazon page (reviews and description) but wasn't able to. This is the main reason why Walk It Out is my most used Wii fitness game. Because it's uninterrupted! That's a terrible pet peeve of mine.

At any rate, the game looks really fun! I think I'd love the kickboxing and boxing segments. Thanks for any info you can provide I'm easily enabled!
Old 07-29-11, 02:59 PM  
CHAPLYN61

This looks fun. ordered!
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-11, 03:02 PM  
carres1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
I checked this out on Amazon (what a great price) but wanted to confirm that the segments can be played continuously, instead of having to be individually selected? That is one of the reasons I almost never use Wii Fit Plus, even though many of the segments are fun. Is there some sort of matrix option where you can choose all your segments so they can be strung together, or choose premixes that already have some strung together?

I tried to find this answer on the Amazon page (reviews and description) but wasn't able to. This is the main reason why Walk It Out is my most used Wii fitness game. Because it's uninterrupted! That's a terrible pet peeve of mine.

At any rate, the game looks really fun! I think I'd love the kickboxing and boxing segments. Thanks for any info you can provide I'm easily enabled!
As far as I know, when starting out, it is very similar to Wii Fit where you have to individually select segments. If there was a way around it, I didn't find it! However, it is also VERY quick that you unlock a mode where you can build your own routine and string segments together to make a longer, continuous workout.

I agree that having to go back and select is annoying. It is the reason I don't play Wii Fit/Fit Plus as well!

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-11, 03:05 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carres1973 View Post
As far as I know, when starting out, it is very similar to Wii Fit where you have to individually select segments. If there was a way around it, I didn't find it! However, it is also VERY quick that you unlock a mode where you can build your own routine and string segments together to make a longer, continuous workout.

I agree that having to go back and select is annoying. It is the reason I don't play Wii Fit/Fit Plus as well!

Carrie
Thank you Carrie for the information! Based on this, the game is definitely worth the $18. Off to purchase!
Old 08-14-11, 06:09 AM  
adrien_73

I just played this game for the first time this week. I find it annoying as heck that I have to go through the "walk around the world" every time I finish a new game. Didn't someone post that there is a way to shut this off? I can't figure it out!

If I can't shut it off, this is going in my sell pile. It wastes so much of my time! I can't stand it!!!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active gaming, exerbeat, karate, wii