Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-11, 10:18 AM  
Debs

Wii Exerbeat help

Does anyone know how to skip the "Walk around the World" mode with this game? I just want to work out, uninterrupted.

I tried going to the Namco live help but it's unavailable today for some reason.

Has anyone been able to just work out with this without all the downtime? The game seems promising otherwise.
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 06:42 AM  
lucia
VF Supporter

Bumping...I'd like to know, too!
Old 07-10-11, 08:16 AM  
dmlarue1

On one of the reviews on amazon, it says that when you unlock the personal trainer that you can exercise uninterrupted for as long as you want. I haven't gotten to that point as I get aggrivated with the long pauses
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 09:04 AM  
Butterflygurl

Blasted enabler!! I didn't even know about this until I read this thread. Darn enablers!!
Old 07-10-11, 09:54 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I didn't see this thread before (I'm temporarily without internet at home, and posting this from a McDonalds ) but I'm really enjoying Exerbeat. Yes, the "around the world" breaks are tiresome at first, but the new features seem to unlock fairly quickly. I think that by the time I completed the first leg, from England to Greece, the "premixed" workout course menu was unlocked, and a short time later, the mix-your-own-workout menu became unlocked. I'd guess it took between 1-2 hours of workout time to get there (not counting the breaks, of course) in one evening of playing the game with my kids.

Speaking of kids, this is the first exergame my 7-year-old actually wants to play! My 9-year-old enjoys Walk It Out and the Active Life games, but I'm really thrilled that the little sister wants to join in on Exerbeat. That world course with the bouncing note (reminds me of the old bouncing paper clip in MS Word) is kind of silly to us adults, but it seems to be a kid magnet, as well as giving little ones breaks between the workouts. I wish it allowed more than 2 simultaneous players, but I like how it's very easy for second players to jump in, and they have a guest mode so the other player doesn't even have to go through the registration process.

So I bet if you spend an hour or two on Exerbeat, it'll grow on you. I was "meh" at first but after a few games, especially the karate, I was loving it

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 07:36 PM  
lucia
VF Supporter

Thank you, Sue B!!
Old 07-12-11, 07:35 PM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

I'm just seeing this too! Sorry for not answering!

My favorite is the karate too! I also like the Latin dance using the balance board. I've unlocked all of them, and my fave is to do a 26 min and 4 min one together for 30 minutes. Fun! I do kinda like going around the world, but not so much the second time, and it's good to string the workouts together too.

I hate the stretching and pilates. HATE. THEM!
Old 07-12-11, 09:18 PM  
carres1973

I agree with Sue. Just play until you unlock the personal trainer and "my exercises" mode. With "my exercises" you can create your own routine and make it as long as you want. I don't know that you can skip the "world tour" bit.

I kind of agree with TV Personality (from G4 TV) Morgan Webb. She said that console "games" that are mainly for fitness shouldn't have game/unlock modes...or you should be able to bypass that part if you want.

It is very frustrating, when I am playing for fitness and I can only do a few minutes at a time! That is why I get SOOOOO frustrated with Your Shape for the Kinect (also the fact that its tracking still leaves a bit to be desired). It stops every time you haven't done a particular move to introduce it. I find that annoying - and I usually end up yelling at my TV!!

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 04:44 PM  
dmlarue1

Finally unlocked personal trainer...so it's a lot less aggrivating. Also if you hit the + at the end while the trainer is talking it will ask if you want to skip that part...it still gives you credit for the exercise.
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active gaming, exerbeat, wii