Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-11, 08:35 PM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmg View Post
Where do you buy Obagi?
sending you a pm. Not sure if I should post her email publicly.
Old 06-17-11, 09:05 PM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

pshaw!! It's NEVER impossible. You just haven't found the right color. what you might be thinking of is a very very VERY light pink.. there is one called yogurt. ( mac) you would need to see it LIVE.. it looks pink on the mac site when compared to others.. but not solo.

Try Bobbi Brown Navajo ( powder or cream) . Shell,

smashbox shimmer shadow (that's the COLOR name), shell and also matte in vanilla that is warm.. so I am not sure that's the color you are looking for.

lancome: WAIF.. matte beige pink ; off the rack white/pink/metallic pink pearls--matte white/pin, meet me in paris.. shimmer silver/white pink..

I would suggest looking at brands online-- and do call sephora.com or beauty.com and talk to the beauty advisors..
Stevie

LA-Story.com (blog)

Facebook.com

Twitter.com/LAStory

Pinterest.com
Stevie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-11, 09:56 PM  
lselbach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post
Can anyone suggest a matte beige eyeshadow with cool undertones? Does it exist? I'm looking for a natural looking shadow to use as a base color. Most of the beige shadows I've found are warm, and that makes me look old and tired! But do I have to wear pinks and purples to find cool colors?
Bobbi Brown Cement. It also works as brow powder if you don't need something dark. Looks much better on your eyes than it does in the pan.
Old 06-18-11, 09:45 AM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie W View Post
pshaw!! It's NEVER impossible. You just haven't found the right color. what you might be thinking of is a very very VERY light pink.. there is one called yogurt. ( mac) you would need to see it LIVE.. it looks pink on the mac site when compared to others.. but not solo.

Try Bobbi Brown Navajo ( powder or cream) . Shell,

smashbox shimmer shadow (that's the COLOR name), shell and also matte in vanilla that is warm.. so I am not sure that's the color you are looking for.

lancome: WAIF.. matte beige pink ; off the rack white/pink/metallic pink pearls--matte white/pin, meet me in paris.. shimmer silver/white pink..

I would suggest looking at brands online-- and do call sephora.com or beauty.com and talk to the beauty advisors..
Stevie
Wow! Thanks for all the details, Stevie. Mac Yogurt looks nice. I actually use Lancome Off the Rack. It works great for me as a highlighter...in fact I always get comments about looking refreshed, etc. I really, really wanted to like Waif, but it just made me look tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lselbach View Post
Bobbi Brown Cement. It also works as brow powder if you don't need something dark. Looks much better on your eyes than it does in the pan.
Thanks, Lori! It looks nice online. I'll check into it.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-11, 09:59 AM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

waif was iffy in my book.. but the try them at the counter.. and if yogurt works and you get compliments on it, then try it as the wash across the eye first and then apply other colors over it. I use a creamy golden highlighter on my lids and then apply powder shadow to grab the color

LA-Story.com (blog)

Facebook.com

Twitter.com/LAStory

Pinterest.com
Stevie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-11, 10:08 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post
Can anyone suggest a matte beige eyeshadow with cool undertones? Does it exist? I'm looking for a natural looking shadow to use as a base color. Most of the beige shadows I've found are warm, and that makes me look old and tired! But do I have to wear pinks and purples to find cool colors?
Have you ever tried MAC Blanc Type? If you go to the MAC counter see if you can try this one. I really like it.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-11, 07:40 PM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Thanks, Diana. I've seen that one, but I haven't tried it. Looks like I will be keeping the person at the Mac counter busy. I just wish I had a friend there like I do at Lancome!
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 12:06 AM  
lapis
VF Supporter

I have two more items to share:

1.(not sure if I posted this before) ....... but I am a fan of Agadir Argan Oil .... I have the original Moroccan Oil but find it too heavy for my hair, but find Agadir less greasy .... I have the bottled oil as well as the spray and love how well they work on my hair. Gives my hair a nice shine.

2. Trish McEvoy's Beauty Booster Serum ....... very pricey but I noted that in the past few weeks I started using this product, my skin looks plumped up (due to the hyaluronic acid) and fine lines (forehead) are not as noticeable ........ definitely try to score a sample ......... I find that this has made an improvement (I only use in the a.m. to make this serum last longer, but I will definitely repurchase if my results continue.) Of course there are cheaper alternatives, but hyaluronic acid does wonders for my skin. I have tried other versions, but unfortunately (for my wallet) the Beauty Booster Serum works the best for me.
lapis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 06:40 AM  
pharma_gal

I have a question about carrier oils/essential oils for the face. I had an ampoule (which my aunt had sent from India) that had a mix of olive/wheat germ and a couple of other oils. I mixed it with some of my masks and creams and it worked very well. How can I find out what are the best oils for my face and where can I get mixtures and/or very small quantities to mix them up? Thanks!

R.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 07:59 AM  
lapis
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
I have a question about carrier oils/essential oils for the face. I had an ampoule (which my aunt had sent from India) that had a mix of olive/wheat germ and a couple of other oils. I mixed it with some of my masks and creams and it worked very well. How can I find out what are the best oils for my face and where can I get mixtures and/or very small quantities to mix them up? Thanks!

R.
Hi Pharma Gal,

I am not knowledgeable on carrier oils, but I do know that gardenofwisdom.com does sell oils and I believe you can order sample sizes.
lapis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
argan oil, beauty thread