Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-16-08, 12:38 PM  
Sara1000

You are right, Lydia, much of Leslie's stuff is too fast to use the step very well. She does have some very slow walks - Evening Walk comes to mind.

Something about Leslie is almost like a therapy session (mental therapy that is).
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 12:46 PM  
Raineth
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcjasp
After spurning Leslie for years, I finally gave her a real chance this summer and I'm hooked I've not been able to do her on step (think it's because I have more of her faster stuff)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000
You are right, Lydia, much of Leslie's stuff is too fast to use the step very well. She does have some very slow walks - Evening Walk comes to mind.
I find that I really don't really have to follow her pace exactly. If she's just walking, and your corresponding move is (for example) simply stepping up and down, then simply do it at your own pace for as long as she walks. When she moves on to kicks and your corresponding move is, say, Charleston kicks, then do those at your own pace until she moves onto the next move, etc.

I have to do this with my Bosu. The only Leslie workouts I have are her "fast" ones and I'd probably kill myself trying to keep up with her.
Raineth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 08:54 AM  
sidse

Another Leslie lover here

I do Leslies about 4 times per week, always with 1.5 pound dumbbells from start to finish (except when she uses a stretchie, then I use that as well), and I'm very pleased with the results.

To avoid Death By Side Step, I do leg work instead, like this: Alternating side squats the first time she does a segment with side steps in the video, the next time I do alternating front lunges, then the 3rd time side steps come around, I do plies and after that I do alternating back lunges. Then I start over. I never do the side steps. The leg work pushes me a bit more.

Leslies are versatile, as people work in rebounders, bosus, step, running in place, dumbbells etc. Or you could just follow Leslie
Old 09-18-08, 10:06 AM  
juberann

Sara1000~ Your comment about Leslie being like a therapy session was right on and made me realize why she is my forever "go-to" girl The MENTAL aspect of her workouts should not be overlooked,Leslie has a true gift and is a born motivator. While I get so frustrated at times because all her workouts are basically the same,heck,I always end up buying them and that's because of how her workouts make my feel mentally. There are many days I just don't want to have to "think" too much while doing my workout,especially cardio,which I'm not fond of anyway. And,I agree with many of you in that you can up the intensity of her walks in so many ways. I truly feel that if all a person does is a Leslie walk most days of the week, it is enough to get the average person is very good shape,enough to improve health in so many ways. There's no need for all the "pretty" stuff because walking is enough in most cases (coupled with some light weight training). Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 11:45 AM  
Shelbygirl

I was a Cathe-Amy intensity junky until six months ago when I badly ruptured a disk in my lower back. If it weren't for Leslie's DVDs, I would have lost my sanity during my very long recovery. I'm doing much better now, yet I find I still like to do a Leslie workout about once a week. I usually use three pound hand weights for most of the workout and make the moves really big. I can't really do any impact these days, so whenever she jogs, I do wall squats with a stability ball. I work up a pretty good sweat with Leslie and the hand weights, I kid you not.

Shelbygirl
Shelbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 01:04 PM  
daisysunshine

Me and Leslie; we're like THIS
She was my second every excerise video (Denise Austin' Personal trainer dvd was the first.. or maybe second and Leslie as first.. it's interchangebale). I have a good chunk of her dvds, and I won't trade them for anything. She helped me lost 60 lbs in a year, and (right now doing a walk everyday) I know i'm feeling WIPED! LOL Leslie can really kick your butt! (and I don't even NEED the step!!). (I think for best "step" results unless you are superwoman - Hi Judy!!) is use the WATP, and WATP Abs and earlier stuff because I've noticed that even in the 3 mile in WATP it's not super fast compared to like WATP Abs's 2 mile, which is like not even on 1 fast mile's radar lmao.

i'm doing a Leslie+Isometric Training+Kickboxing/Balance rotation with Leslie every day, Kickboxing every other day with Isometrics (Bar Method right now) right after leslie LOL and let me tell you my legs are buuuuuuuuurning.

leslie will get you where you need to go.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 04:10 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Daisy you're adorable, and way to go on those 60 pounds!!!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-08, 04:53 PM  
daisysunshine

thanks Lucky! I gained back 40 of that (GRRR!!) but i'm doing what i know that works now. i put the firmo the shelf. (i don'tknow if i'll sell them). but it's leslie or bust until the lbs melt away

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

Old 09-18-08, 11:35 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Daisy, I know you'll get there again and more importantly so do you!
May I ask if you're using kickboxing videos and if so, which ones?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 07:00 AM  
daisysunshine

Hi Lucky! (LOL Maybe.. but super super slowly grr.LOL I am NOT the most patient Daisy in the world ).

I Am actually. (well, I did! ever since I did my back and shoulders have been KILLING me, it's painful even to do the walking. Stupid WalkBelt. Stupid Not Streching). I have Three (well tech 4 KB workouts), Caribbean Workout (Which I never ever use). Patricia Moreno's Kickboxing Yoga Fusion & Kickbox Cross Core Train. & Cathe's Kickmax(which i'm SO going to have to graduate to). I'm still struggling where my feet go, do they twist when I go faster. it's all very 100 percent confusing to me (more confusing then figuring out Firm's Cardio Party). BUT! I do have to say. the ONE time I did do Kickbox Yoga Fusion; i really felt it in my middle so I know it did a good job!

Tags
1 mile jog, hardest leslie sansone, leslie sansone, leslie success