Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-23-20, 02:00 PM  
sherry7899

I really appreciate all the responses. Thank you so much! I hope this thread will stay positive. I really did not want it to be used to speak negatively about people who are no longer here. (especially since one of them is a very close friend of mine outside of this forum) I meant it to speak fondly of people and topics that are missed and have hopes that the forum will remain active.

On a more positive note since I love this forum

Pat-thank you for restarting the yoga check in. I really appreciate it. I always carefully read all the wisdom and knowledge of the original Yoga crosstrainers check in, but I was way too intimidated to join. Our current check in is a very lovely and positive place.

Pam-I enjoy reading about all your streaming and download workouts even though I mainly use dvds myself. We are here to discuss working out, whether it is using dvds, downloads, streaming, paper, or exercising outside or at a gym. It all works!

Sherri-I am so very sorry for your loss.

hotncmom-I really enjoyed your threads about streaming workouts. I like to know what is out there, even if I'm not currently using them. I really appreciated how much time you took compiling your list and responding to questions.

Kim, that is a great point about where we type our responses! I am on a desktop computer right now-yes, a Dell dinosaur with a tower I have a dumb phone and a kindle, so if I want to write a long post, here I sit!

Calistro-I am turning 51 in two days and am in hormone hell with you. The insomnia and fatigue are awful! I totally understand. I keep coming here even when I am not exercising much because I hope reading about it will somehow push me to try something, even if it is ten minutes of an easy workout.

Joni-I had no idea of the history you shared. Thank you! That is so interesting!

I think the lack of new dvd releases definitely plays a part in the smaller amount of discussions. How many instructors really regularly release dvds now? Cathe, Jessica Smith , KCM, Misty Tripoli? There aren't that many. I am sorry if I am forgetting anyone. I never thought I'd see the day when there would not be a bunch of new Leslie Sansone dvds releases every year! Who knew Beachbody would stop releasing dvd sets? There were so many LONG threads about every system they released. They were so fun to read.

I am sorry to ramble...thanks for listening!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 02:12 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
Really? I don’t post a lot but I spend a fair amount of time here and I never noticed this. I love coming here and for the most part find everyone to be friendly and welcoming.
This is my experience as well. Though I have noticed a few people mention a fear of being a victim of that. In general, IMHO, it seemed like maybe they were being a bit too sensitive. I mean, it's a fitness board. It's not like anyone can reach out and punch you lol Technically, you are physically safe and the rest is sticks and stones (and second grade taught us what to do about that ). I do acknowledge that words can carry a sting and I honestly do want people to feel comfortable. But the modern version of a "safe space" would just be too boring!!! I'm sure some folks will disagree. Ironically, I'm going to accept that

I do miss some of the old members! We had some fierce debates and good chuckles
Old 02-23-20, 02:13 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sherry - I’ve always appreciated your positive attitude and thoughtful posts! And I also thank our fellow check in buddy Pat for reviving the yoga cross trainer check in.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 02:15 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Sherry - I’ve always appreciated your positive attitude and thoughtful posts! ...
I'll second that! Sherry has always been a sweetheart
Old 02-23-20, 03:31 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I think the lack of new dvd releases definitely plays a part in the smaller amount of discussions. How many instructors really regularly release dvds now? Cathe, Jessica Smith , KCM, Misty Tripoli? There aren't that many. I am sorry if I am forgetting anyone. I never thought I'd see the day when there would not be a bunch of new Leslie Sansone dvds releases every year! Who knew Beachbody would stop releasing dvd sets? There were so many LONG threads about every system they released. They were so fun to read.
Oh my gosh yes, who could have imagined a time when we wouldn't be knee deep in new Leslie DVDS!?! And while I only ever purchased a couple of Beach Body systems, I did read a lot of the threads, and I kind of miss references to the slow deliveries by Beach Body donkey. What with streaming video, I guess he's been put out to pasture now!
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 05:02 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks so much, Pam and Taiga

LAC-I know-I assumed Leslie would keep cranking out several dvds a year. It is weird for that not to happen.

I remember the long discussions about the Beachbody donkey delivery and people guessing when their orders would finally show up!

sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 05:12 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

I love VF. I look often everyday to see what is new on VF. One thread about how people have their Dvd's organized changed my life. It took a bit of work but I love how organized my Dvds are now. Ballet, Yoga, Pilates, by Instructors, by Brands.

Always something to be learned on VF. Great bunch of people, some seem like old friends. I have seen them posting for years. I miss some that never post anymore. I mean to post more than I do. You are my friends.
Old 02-23-20, 06:32 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
Also, with DVDs, I was pretty sure I could make a trade if I bought something and I didn't like it, so I was open to taking a chance on a lot of things.
This is a great point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I love coming here and for the most part find everyone to be friendly and welcoming.
Yes, despite some of the flame wars over the years, VF has always been a comparatively sane and helpful community. As someone else said, I think there are fewer new people coming in as others leave because Facebook and Reddit tend to be the go-tos for seeking out like-minded groups.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 07:23 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I'd have to say that perimenopause and my health challenges of the past year have severely impacted me and how much and also what I'm doing these days.

I don't have many women in my real life my age, or who are also enduring the same issues with perimenopause. So for me, I have been so grateful for everyone here in the past year.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 07:45 AM  
MARIKA

I feel sad when I see all the posts that don't even relate to me anymore. I do a lot of streaming too but still basically stick to old school weight lifting. There are people I remember who never post anything. When I post something lately theres barely a response. I guess it's just a sign of the times!

Tags
absent vfers, ifit, new members, tommy rivs puzey, vf activity