Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-13, 12:23 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

Ultimate Yogi

I just did my first Ultimate Yogi workout (Cross Training) this morning and I loved it! What is everyone's favourite Ultimate Yogi workout?
mommyofjoeyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 12:49 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I just started them, and have done Cross Training, Cardio, Strength, & (out of order) Yin Yoga.

Yin Yoga so far has been my favorite - I love the long holds and how relaxed I feel doing it, and when it's done.

I have enjoyed all of them, though.
Cardio - the 1st 30 minutes are fast!!!, with Strength, which I did today I had to rest in child's pose twice, so they both seem to live up to their names!
I think I'm really going to like everything, but like I said Yin Yoga is my favorite so far.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 12:52 PM  
MamaBecca

I loved them all -- even Cardio, which I dreaded at first. It became my favorite. I also love the combo of Detox and Vitality on consecutive days, and Yin.... oh, I love them all!

CLX, TF, Skogg, RKS grad
STS Grad 2012
Les Mills Pump Grad 2013
Les Mills Combat Grad 2013
BeSLAM Grad 2013
Current rotation: Molly Galbraith GGS, Walking
MamaBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 01:09 PM  
trishthedish

I think Cardio even tho I find it pretty challenging. Its the most like a live class at the studio I go to. That series of 10 is brutal!!!! Also like Yin - I've never felt more amazing as I did after I did Yin.
Old 01-11-13, 01:16 PM  
suzy
VF Supporter

My favorite is Yin. After that my favorite is pretty much the one I'm doing at the time. I love Detox, Vitality, and Balance. The only one I really don't care for is Flexibility. Love Yin; hate Flexibility. Go figure.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 11:32 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

Thanks for all the responses! I'm excited to do another one tomorrow. Is the Ultimate Yogi schedule found somewhere online?
Old 01-12-13, 02:54 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthedish View Post
I think Cardio even tho I find it pretty challenging. Its the most like a live class at the studio I go to. That series of 10 is brutal!!!! Also like Yin - I've never felt more amazing as I did after I did Yin.
I did Cardio today for the first time and LOVED it!! I agree about that series of 10! My shoulders were already sore from doing Cross Training the day before and for the last two rounds of the 10 I had to go to my knees for the push up. I love it when I can't do all the reps so I have something to work toward!

When I bought this set I never planned to do the schedule as written since I love so many other workouts but now I think I'm going to follow the schedule for awhile and see if I get the itch to do something else.