Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-13, 10:34 PM  
TinaT

Re-visiting Karen Voight

After my workout today, I went through my collection and found 3 KV dvds I forgot I had. All are pilates/yoga based for the most part. It made me miss working out with her... especially with me using Ellen B. and CS right now. Makes sense to add KV into the mix as well.

So glad I didn't get rid of these.
Sleek Physique
Total Body Pilates
Core Plus More

Anyone still use these?
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-13, 11:29 PM  
Getfit

I haven't used a KV DVD in almost 2 years. I always look at my Sleek Essentials and say I am going to use it especially since I still have my roller. I think that just goes to show I have to many workouts and not enough time.
Old 01-07-13, 11:35 PM  
Gancho Girl

I regularly work out with Karen - I suspect that aside from barre workouts, her DVDs are the most frequent I use.

Which ones I use depends on what my rotations are like/how my body is feeling. I use Sleek Essentials quite often (usually the cardio disc more than the others); the others I use most are Yoga Power (especially the stretch section), Half & Half (usually the cardio half), Quick & Slim Cardio, Full Body Stretch, Ballet Body Strength, The Body Workout (with Elle Macpherson) and Burn & Firm. I'm using Burn & Firm quite a bit lately, as I've been doing circuit workout once a week.

I have others of hers, but those are my favourites. Which is quite a few, really...

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 01:27 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Love her ab work in any form + Great Weighted Workout's lower body floorwork + any yoga from her (top notch form and instruction... and I'm a yoga aficionado who has traded away lots of yoga DVDs and is very particular about what live classes I'd take). Real keepers
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 06:57 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

I have loved Karen for many years. I use her pilates workouts, her yoga workouts, Streamline Fitness, Great Weighted Workout (especially the floor workout portion) and her barre and stretch workouts that came out a couple of years ago. I find that I respond to her workouts quite well, and I've been using her workouts a lot recently. I think she is one of the best instructors in the business, bar none. I've gotten rid of many, many workouts over the years, but not hers. In fact, I upgraded all of them to DVD--I have been doing her workouts for so long that all of ones that I had were on VHS except for the two newest ones.

In a word, I think Karen is terrific.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 07:56 AM  
ldy_solana

I recently re-bought total body Pilates. I am not sure why I even bothered getting rid of it in the first place. Probably through one of my finiky cycle of workouts. I am starting to run again so I rely on Pilates and yoga to help.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 08:18 AM  
TinaT

I do wish she would come out with workouts a little more often. Seems like she takes quite a span of time in between releases.
Old 01-08-13, 09:34 AM  
TinaS

I've had most of Karen's stuff on vhs and dvd at one time or another. I always liked her teaching style and grace. My favorite is probably the pm workout from Streamline Fitness. I find that I want to workout with Karen more and set aside her dvds, but they never to seem to quite fit into what I'm focusing on at the moment. I wish she would put out something new and not re-release it under a different title and cover. Keeping track is a little confusing!
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 09:46 AM  
suegy3

I did the step portion of her energy sprint workout to get in shape for a wedding many years ago. That was an excellent workout!
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 09:53 AM  
TinaT

I feel as though I've gone through this mind struggle of what to do to get my body to a place of health and wellness. I'm determined to give Ellen B. a very serious try, but also know that I get bored easily. So, I thought adding KV back in to the mix and maybe even try Bernadette G. would be a great combo of pilates inspired routines.

Tags
karen voight