Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-26-12, 10:03 PM  
boukilisa

Who have you lost that lovin' feeling for?

It seems like there's a natural cycle of loving a trainer and then being so over him or her. That's when I've made the mistake of trading that trainer away. But sometimes I fall in love again after separating for a while and wish I had those workouts back. This time it's Cathe. I was a serious Cathe lover for a long time. But I haven't loved anything she's done in a long time. I can't do high impact anymore and get really bored with drill-type workouts. So I've lost that lovin' feeling for Cathe. I've done CrossFire exactly one time and doubt I'll ever touch it again. It's everything I don't want in a workout. Who have you fallen out of love with?
Old 11-26-12, 10:35 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I lost my lovin' feelin' for Cathe a long time ago. Hate drills, hate kickboxing, don't do high impact, don't enjoy step anymore, don't need to try to be a wonder woman. I do her older strength workouts every once in a while, but no 'systems,' etc. Loved Cathe back in the day, went on several trips, she's a lovely person, but no more Cathe workouts for me.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-12, 10:41 PM  
suegy3

Tracie Long. Use to love her...not so much anymore. I haven't bought one of her workouts in years. I prefer her first set of functional fitness workouts.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-12, 10:47 PM  
kitty12

Core Fusion - loved them when I first started with barre. Then found them boring with all the new barre offerings and didn't really like their new stuff.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-12, 11:12 PM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

Now I'm in the mood for some Righteous Brothers.

But to answer your question: kickboxing, plyometrics, Turbo Fire and really just about any high impact cardio--I can only tolerate it in 30-60 second bursts if it is part of a circuit workout.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-12, 11:18 PM  
lila_says

I too am out of love with Cathe. For myself however, it's not the content at all, it's the delivery --- dry & oppressively over-rehearsed. I appreciate the nice production value, professionalism & attention to detail, but I just find everyone so painfully stiff in Cathe's dvds, especially her newer ones. Something about the fun & spontaneity being sucked right out...
lila_says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 04:59 AM  
PhyllisG

Cathe. For all of the reasons posted above. No longer doing hi impact and I too hate drills. Over rehearsed and lacking in at least some spontaneity. The set, the make up, the matching outfits. Also overkill. The micro loading got me eventually. I was such a big Cathe fan. I have traded, sold all of her DVDs and have no regrets. I recently viewed Hi Reps with the thought that I might like it since I like Les Mills Pump but I could not even get thru the clip. Cathe is great but just not for me any longer.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 07:09 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Add me to the list for Cathe in a large way as well. Aside from the Firm she was my 2nd go to instructor for quite a while. I sold off the majority of her workouts 5 years ago and have not regretted it at all. I think she is a fine instructor but overall too much impact, I hate those "low ends" she is famous for and I have no desire to be "Cathlete". I still do have 3 of her workouts, I kept only my favorites which didn't produce such a dread factor and I will filter in from time to time. I really enjoy her Pyramids, Low Impact Circuit and I like Basic Step too.

I have found that is the key for me, not to have too much of one instructor because I do burn out on them. I prefer to have a variety of instructors and just a few of their workouts each, that way I can rotate through them all regularly. I have been known to discover an instructor then buy up all their workouts. I went ape on KCM last year and bought 12 of her 30 MTF series, now I only have 6 of them which is plenty. The days of me needing every workout from an instructor are long over. I will workout with one person for a little while and then move on to someone else for a bit, it works better for me.

A couple months ago I might have said the Firm, but I am discovering my Firms all over again and am really enjoying them. But again, I went from having over 40 of them to about 15 or so. Less is definitely more for me.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 07:25 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

For me it's Chalene. I used to love her and thought she was motivating, but now her "over the top I'm so cool personality" really bugs me. I want to do Turbo Fire again but I can't bring myself to press play.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 07:30 AM  
Conni

Amy Bento. Not crazy about her work. Used to jump on the bandwagon, but lately I don't want to do any of her dvds...