Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-20, 10:46 AM  
Gams

I hadn’t heard about Orson Bean. That’s so sad. I always enjoyed watching him on game shows in the 70’s.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 11:02 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

That's sad about Orson Bean. He was a frequent guest on Johnny Carson (they show reruns on Antenna TV) and was funny and engaging.

Also sad news about Kirk Douglas. I watched him on 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea on Disney+ last night. I'll have to check out more of his movies. I have quite a few of them available to stream!

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 11:16 AM  
primrosecat

My all time favorite Kirk Douglas movie was 'The Villian". Funny, and so many good actors in it.
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 05:15 PM  
Gams

I just saw Robert Conrad died! I used to love Wild, Wild West when I was little.
Old 02-08-20, 05:54 PM  
Leonana

Oh no! I loved Wild, Wild West too. I would watch the re-runs after school.
Old 02-08-20, 07:23 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I just saw Robert Conrad died! I used to love Wild, Wild West when I was little.
I didn't watch that, but I remember him as Pappy Boyington in Baa Baa Blacksheep. And of course the battery commercials!
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 08:18 PM  
Gams

Hard to believe Ross Martin has been gone for 39 years. I liked him a lot on Wild, Wild West, too. I remember seeing him with his wife on Tattletales and they asked the husbands some question about whether they would fool around with a beautiful young woman if their wives would never find out about it. The other guys joked around about how tempted they would be, but Ross Martin said something about how you don’t start that kind of crap if you want to stay happily married so there’s no way he’d even think about it. I thought that was really nice of him because he could have gone for the joke like the other guys, but didn’t.
Old 02-08-20, 10:06 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I had such a crush on Robert Conrad.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 10:48 PM  
LizEMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
Apparently he was clipped by one car that caused him to fall and hit by another.
I was HORRIFIED to read how he died. To reach the age of 91 and be RUN OVER seems SO unfair and unjust. I know we don't get to choose how we go, but that is such a savage and brutal way to leave this Earth.

(And HOW do you hit an old man crossing the street?? And, as Sissy, stated, it wasn't just one driver that hit him but TWO! If his current activities were any indication, it looks like he would/could have lived until he was, AT LEAST, Kirk's age. My heart breaks for his wife. So so sad. )
Old 02-09-20, 08:57 AM  
Gams

The way Orson died hits a little too close to home for me. That’s how my grandma died. She was crossing the street and a teenage girl who was testing her new car that she got for graduation hit her. Even though the police report stated she was speeding and several witnesses said she passed them at a high rate of speed and even though she admitted to seeing Grandma (her statement to the police was that she thought Grandma would stop walking when she saw her), the girl didn’t even get so much as a speeding ticket.

Tags
in memory, off topic, off-topic