Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-20, 08:57 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Thank you Linda!

For doing the comparison.

I have the Peloton Bike and have used the app for well over a year. (The bike is only since April 2019). I have never ventured too far but am trying to. I do mostly treadmill (run/walk) and the bike (Power Zone training and others). I have gone into meditation, some strength, some core (not enough workout hours in the day). . . but your descriptions are great. I HAD NO IDEA that the bootcamp were a combo of treadmill and weights. I may have to try one. I LOVE KCM's Home Gym Intervals with the weights and treadmill, so maybe it's on the same lines as that?

Anyway, I appreciate the breakdown and now I realize, I probably do NOT NEED the Les Mills. Thank you.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 11:35 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
I’ve had both, so maybe can help. Peloton is great if you use your spin bike and/or treadmill frequently. They also have a very nice collection of yoga, and I really like their meditation classes with Ross Rayburn. On top of that they have outdoor running and walking audio classes, short stretching segments, and boot camp classes that combine the treadmill and weights. Finally, they have great strength add-ons. Some are short upper or lower body workouts (15-20 minutes) and others are around 30 minutes, both bodyweight and weights. Then there are two programs. One is a marathon prep strength program and it’s great. I am not a marathon runner, but these are 30 minute workouts that are functional strength in a circuit fashion. They recently released a series with Andy Speer that is more of a muscle and strength building series. I don’t think you can beat the price, content, filming quality, and excellent music that Peloton has. Finally, if you’re into it, the Peloton instructors are super active on IG which can be motivating. Another great feature on the app is that when you take a class, even an older one, you can see icons of other people taking the class. Members rate the classes and there are easy-to-use search functions for instructors, length, and music genre. I use my old Johnny G spin bike, but am very tempted to get a bike next November when they have their Black Friday specials. For the record, I’ve had the Peloton app for over 2 years.

Les Mills also gives you tons of options. Traditional Les Mills Pump workout, yoga, spin, a great core class, kickboxing, their version of barre which is more traditional ballet, and Grit which is their take on Crossfit-type workouts. The music is good, but it’s cover tunes and almost all of the classes are the classes they film for the instructors, so there are big crowds in the forefront of screen. I found that while I love the traditional Les Mills pump workout, it irritates my rotator cuff, and the other workouts are a little too intense for me. It’s unfortunate because I love seeing all of the international presenters and the music is pretty good. However, I’ve tried LM twice and didn’t stick with it for more than a month.

Hope that helps! Let us know what you decide.

Linda - thanks for the detailed response. Really wish I could get both since they both offer something different.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 02:51 PM  
pgun3

I am thinking of taking the plunge with this deal but I am wondering what is the best way to stream it to a tv? I have no clue and I hate streaming through my ipad because the sound is coming through my ipad not my tv...I don't think I have a smart tv in my basement
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 03:23 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
I am thinking of taking the plunge with this deal but I am wondering what is the best way to stream it to a tv? I have no clue and I hate streaming through my ipad because the sound is coming through my ipad not my tv...I don't think I have a smart tv in my basement
Do you have an Amazon Firesttick? They have a free Les Mills app.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 03:49 PM  
Malia

I love Les Mills - I used to stream it through my ipad (had to get a special adapter on Amazon to get the sound to go through my amplifier and it took awhile for my husband to figure it out). Now we have a Roku in there and I stream through that and love it (ipad had spotty internet there too but Roku doesn't)
Malia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 06:47 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Do you have an Amazon Firesttick? They have a free Les Mills app.
I think I have one in my TV upstairs...I can get one for my tv downstairs! Thanks
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 06:56 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
I think I have one in my TV upstairs...I can get one for my tv downstairs! Thanks
You are welcome! I hope it works well for you.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
les mills on demand, peloton