Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-19, 09:50 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Tuesday's workout was

Cathe - LITE: PHA 2 - Timesaver Mix #3 - 26 minutes
I really enjoyed this PHA workout - I love that it elevates my heart rate (but not horribly) as we move from upper body to lower body exercises. It's a sneaky way to get a little cardio in.

I need to add my pilates back in before bedtime. I think I would sleep better if I did.

Dana - Feel free to rant. Dental work is awful.

Linda - I don't remember that Method DVD. I remember having lots of them many years ago.

Cheryl - So you bought a pilates chair?

Christine - I'll bet my DS would enjoy that book as well.

Waves to Donna & Cheri!

Carol

Yes ma’am. From the market place new in box for $30

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-19, 11:37 AM  
cherimac

TBL Moving Meditation

Pure Bliss. Off tomorrow, then on every day until Christmas Eve!
Old 12-18-19, 11:43 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Awesome

Just really awesome.

I did the Pilates Pro-chair, it is awesome. Love the moves even if they are challenging. It makes, you balance, has strength and it’s user friendly

~~~Cheryl

Old 12-18-19, 12:45 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
Faithful Workouts: Movement Stretching

I love that one as my go-to "stretch and feel good but still get some work in" workout! It takes getting used to as there is no instruction, just music.

Cheryl, that was an awesome deal on a chair!

Donna, I'm sorry you didn't sleep well. I've been having bad sleep for the past week so I know how awful it feels. I hope you get to do something nice and restorative. ((hugs))

Dana, I'm so sorry for all you've been through with the dentist. I understand your feelings toward health care. I hope this is the end of it for you!

Waves to everyone!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-19, 10:58 PM  
fanofladyvols

Today was Firm Fat blasting cardio and Firm total body time crunch express. Total body express is great pace to push yourself with heavier weights. I have decided to give up on fat blasting ...I just have to improvise the choreo too much and although I make sure I get a decent workout it's just not worth it to me to keep when I have enough step workouts that I do like. I'm sure most people think it's easy but I just can't keep up so I'm done, lol.

Christine I would have a terrible time trying to do something with just music...clearly you don't have my two left feet

Cheryl are you building your own pilates studio?

Donna wishing you lots of sleep!

Carol I bought myself PHA 2 for Christmas and I'm glad to read what you wrote about it. If nothing else sounds like that premix will be right up my alley.

Cheri enjoy your day off!!

Brenda hope you're feeling better!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 06:45 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I did Ellen's Moving for Beauty from her streaming site. It is a nice one.

This morning was Yoga with Adriene - Grounding into Gratitude.

I realize, I have missed Adriene! Depending on how I feel on Jan 1st, I may do her 30 day program in January. We shall see, I always reserve the right to change my mind.

I do have to get out today at work to take a walk as I have some errands to run. It is going to be cold, though.

Christine - have you ever done any of the Walking Online Workouts or Dance Faith Fitness (same instructor) - they are all done w/out verbal cues. I am almost considering doing a month long subscription to her paid site...I need motivation to move....

I agree about the healthcare profession. It is a long story but I had a big falling out w/ our pediatric office - they were treating my daughter for an infection she did not have w/ nasty antibiotics and would not give me a referral for a procedure. I ended up going to urgent care to get the referral and the urgent care dr. thought the infection diagnosis was wrong. I knew it was wrong and so did my daughter but they just fought with me over it!! I'm switching practices, I don't need the hassle. Whatever happened to the advice that you know your body best and to advocate for yourself? Ugh.

Rant over. Today is my last day in the office until Jan 3rd.

Hope everyone has a good one.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 07:08 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout for me yesterday - I had a massage and was just a complete lazy person after that.

Cheryl - great deal on your pilates chair!

Donna - that's awful about your daughter's doctor! I had a similar thing happen with an eye doctor once. They kept telling me I could see out of a pair of contacts and I couldn't! I finally went to another eye doctor and he couldn't believe the prescription they had me in. It was way off. It's also my last day until January 6th.

Linda - Cathe's LITE series has lots of shorter premixes. That's what makes them do-able for me.

Christine - I don't know if I could follow something with no cuing, especially if I'm on the floor.

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 10:33 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Today was Firm Fat blasting cardio and Firm total body time crunch express. Total body express is great pace to push yourself with heavier weights. I have decided to give up on fat blasting ...I just have to improvise the choreo too much and although I make sure I get a decent workout it's just not worth it to me to keep when I have enough step workouts that I do like. I'm sure most people think it's easy but I just can't keep up so I'm done, lol.

Christine I would have a terrible time trying to do something with just music...clearly you don't have my two left feet

Cheryl are you building your own pilates studio?

Donna wishing you lots of sleep!

Carol I bought myself PHA 2 for Christmas and I'm glad to read what you wrote about it. If nothing else sounds like that premix will be right up my alley.

Cheri enjoy your day off!!

Brenda hope you're feeling better!
I am liking it so much , I could be. Love the chair.

~~~Cheryl

Old 12-19-19, 02:38 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Shaped by Faith: Stability Ball Pilates

Ugh, I had a similar nightmare experience with doctors when I first contracted Lyme disease. It took 2 years, and a serious decline in health during that time, before I was properly diagnosed. I was told by my now "former" doctor that my symptoms were just anxiety and I needed Valium. That's when I walked out! That's the long, frustrating story short.

Carol, sounds lovely! I normally prefer cues!

Donna, that's awful. I'm glad your daughter got the care she needed. You definitely have to be your own advocate. I haven't tried the walking workouts, but thanks for mentioning it!

Linda, The moves are pretty easy, just stretching mostly, with some abs and lower body work. You do have to keep looking at the screen to see when she switches moves, but no fancy feet required!

Waves to all!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 06:26 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Did my exercise. Used the Pro chair and some leg stuff on reformer. 🥰🥰🥰🥰

~~~Cheryl