Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-12-19, 10:42 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Hey Linda

I have an aeropilates reformer and it comes with a rebounding attachment. I get to bounce while laying down )
Wow, Cheryl, you are so hooked up! That's totally awesome to have that versatility. Bouncing makes me feel like a kid again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
My first ball is fully inflated, and the new ball is only half inflated because it works better when you place it under your shoulders for abs moves or when you place it under your hips or between your knees for some other pilates moves. I find it really useful.
Dana you gotta tell me what moves you use under your hips/shoulders and why....I'm totally fascinated now.

The between knees I'm assuming is for bridge glute work? Which I'm definitely planning on doing.

I have a Jessica DVD somewhere I have never done that uses a ball so I'm excited to actually trying it. I tried using a playground ball but it didn't work. I also have a 10 minute solutions DVD with Andrea Rogers so hopefully both of those DVDs will give me some ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda in WA View Post

Linda, so impressed you managed Firm Vol. 3! Even back when I was doing The Firm regularly, Vol. 3 was always my nemesis.
Brenda, don't be too impressed..the dumbbells I use range from 5# to 10#. And I firmly believe in the use of the pause button to drink water
I'm impressed how you read and walk. I want to read more ...I really do. I even tried to join a bookclub! But then they keep picking books that I can't get past the first page without yawning and I bail! Lol.
Safe travels to you!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 06:40 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was Ellen's Might Mat Pilates.

Thank you all for your wishes for me, my family and my daughter.

Linda - wow, V3 - I stumbled across a clip of one of the FIRM workouts recently on You Tube. Brought back memories. I'm not sure if I will ever do them again, but I kept them...just in case...you never know!!

Carol - are you doing the Get U Started Rotation? I was looking on their site recently and they do have some nice moderate rotations. I may sub at some point.

Christine - did you see that FW is going to have a 14 day challenge starting Jan 1st. I may look into it. I like that there will be 4 workout choices each day.

Dana - so glad you like ePilates!

Cheryl - I have reformer envy! Maybe some day we'll get rid of either our TM or bike (neither of which get much use!) and i can get a reformer in there.

Waves, everyone -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 07:17 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning all,

Yesterday's quick workout was

Mari Winsor - Thigh & Bun Sculpting - 20 minutes

I had forgotten what a great little workout this one is! It made me go out and buy used copies of a couple of other Winsor Pilates workouts that I didn't have (a couple of the "Pink" ones).

Donna yes, I am doing the Get U Started Rotation. The Move to Lose rotation looks really good to me, although with the walking ones. And yes, your daughter's therapist can't share a lot with you, unless daughter says it's okay and then maybe some therapists won't do that?

Linda - volume 3 used to be my favorite - I did it at least once or twice a week. It's out of my league now, even with water breaks (and catch my breath breaks). And yes, I was asking if that Classical Stretch you were enjoying was one of the 4 workout sets. I bought them a few years back during a big sale.

Dana - I also love using my Barre3 under my shoulders for ab work. Not sure why Barre3 stopped using it in all their workouts.

Brenda - Safe travels!

Cheryl - good job with your reformer!

Cheri - hope you are surviving retail madness!

Got to run - early staff meeting today.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 08:45 AM  
donnamp

Carol - that one is a good one! I should see what I have from Mari in my collection.

I really like Ellen's site and it is very reasonable. She posts a new workout every month - some are short - 15 min -and some are longer - 45 min.

She posts a weekly workout schedule, too. I am following that this week. I may do that for the remainder of the year - but next week I really should add on some additional cardio work. this week I just felt lazy.

In the new year I'm toying with PowerFit - plus add ons. We'll see though!

Donna
Old 12-13-19, 09:32 AM  
cherimac

TBL 21 DOP Full Body Finale
PN Pilates for Low Back Pain Relief

Carol~it's a madhouse right now, haha, but I'm surviving on sleep, Pilates, coffee, and Jesus (pretty much in the reverse order of how I typed that).
Old 12-13-19, 09:34 AM  
donnamp

LOL, Cheri! Hang in there.
Old 12-13-19, 01:04 PM  
fanofladyvols

That Winsor thread motivated me to do Winsor 20 minutes...and so glad I did.
Followed it #1001 waist slenderizing from CS Season #10. Little too many windmill moves for my taste and she changes moves without a cue or description of what your back or arms should be doing until she's done a few reps. Sigh...it's a good stretch overall but I would have to do it alot so I could just mute her and look up to know what to do.

Donna, you're moving...you're not being lazy. You just want to move more. That sounds like you get good bang for your pilates buck with Ellen, too.

Carol, wow you did that workout alot. There are very few workouts I could do that often. I did notice it's chaptered nicely on DVD so could be a good option to just get a quick 12-13 minute AWT workout sometime.

Cheri sounds like good coping skills!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 01:44 PM  
furmomof6

Hello!

Shaped by Faith: 12 Days of Fitness (10 minute Pilates)

Theresa added this workout for the holiday. She said to do it every day for 12 days. I wish there was a new one every day for 12 days! I liked it though, very festive and encouraging!

I will be back for personals!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 03:08 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Carol, let me know which pink one you are looking for. I have one I can send you.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 03:11 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Donna,

Keep it in mind. I love doing John Garey reformer. Watch on you marketplace. They sell like hot cakes . That’s where I got mine.
Just bought the set of double straps and they make a big difference.

It feels good so much, I wake up happy I get another day to reform. It’s probably what barre is to many. Pilates, is to me.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote