Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-16-19, 12:47 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

UPDATE: I just saw that the 6th reply to the original post recommends Real Purity:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit Gal View Post
Still, would love to hear other experiences with either this product or other natural antiperspirants.

-----------------

Can anyone recommend a natural (aluminum free) antiperspirant without baking soda? I can get away without using a deoderizing product for a genetic reason (I have dry earwax, which for reasons unknown is linked to no BO). But I still need an antiperspirant for sweaty times. Although I used Schmidt for a while, I found after some time that it gave me some irritation, which I suspect is the baking soda.

I saw this review article that said all the editors unexpectedly found Real Purity to be an effective antiperspirant: Does a Natural Antiperspirant Exist (scroll down just a little - it is the first product reviewed). Has anyone tried it?
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-19, 02:38 PM  
ncl

I have never found a natural antiperspeiant. The natural deodorant I have found that works the best for me is Soapwalla, the one for sensitive skin without baking soda. it is the only one without baking soda that has worked for me at all!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-19, 03:18 PM  
SpiritYogi

I just ordered these:

https://www.healthrangerstore.com/co...variety-4-pack

I'll report back once I've had a chance to try them.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-19, 10:47 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
I have never found a natural antiperspeiant. The natural deodorant I have found that works the best for me is Soapwalla, the one for sensitive skin without baking soda. it is the only one without baking soda that has worked for me at all!
The baking soda/arrowroot powder combo of Schmidt did give me some antiperspirant benefit - enough for an average summer day. Having to quit baking soda, I've thouh about trying the sensitive skin versions.

One of the reviews said they had somw discoloration kn whites with that Soapwalla sensitive skin one. Did you have that problem?
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-19, 06:15 PM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
The baking soda/arrowroot powder combo of Schmidt did give me some antiperspirant benefit - enough for an average summer day. Having to quit baking soda, I've thouht about trying the sensitive skin versions.
I alternate between the regular Schmidt's and their sensitive skin formula - as in use the regular for a few days and then the sensitive for a day. I particularly like the Lavender Tips and once I finish up my Costco stash of the regular formulas I'll probably just purchase the sensitive varieties going forward. I don't notice any difference in the effectiveness.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-19, 06:48 PM  
Cerulea

Coming out of lurkdom to recommend Lume deodorant: https://lumedeodorant.com/

It's pretty amazing for odor control. Sometimes I layer a bit of Schmidts on top for some extra sweat absorption.
Cerulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-19, 07:49 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerulea View Post
Comhing out of lurkdom to recommend Lume deodorant: https://lumedeodorant.com/

It's pretty amazing for odor control. Sometimes I layer a bit of Schmidts on top for some extra sweat absorption.
I was just about to ask if anyone had tried lume and found it effective. I think I first read about in this thread:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ht=lume&page=2

I like that you can use it on any area of the body. But it sounds almost too good to be true. Plus, I sweat a lot and am unsure about life without an antiperspirant.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-19, 08:06 PM  
Cerulea

I've tried Schmidts, Native, and Lume, and Lume is hands down the best for odor control but I definitely still sweat. There isn't anything in it to absorb sweat like there is in the other two. Just started experimenting with layering like I mentioned above, which helps some.

I gave some to my husband for his feet...success there too!
Cerulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-19, 08:27 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerulea View Post
I've tried Schmidts, Native, and Lume, and Lume is hands down the best for odor control but I definitely still sweat. There isn't anything in it to absorb sweat like there is in the other two. Just started experimenting with layering like I mentioned above, which helps some.

I gave some to my husband for his feet...success there too!
I fell for the commercial and tried Lume and it absolutely did not work for me. Quite the opposite. I have never had B.O. and Lume gave me the worst ever. I went back to using Tom's and it went away.

I did read the FAQ's and I do not think it had anything to do with odor trapped in my clothes from before. It was ME and I stank. Even just being at work (office job) I could smell myself - ugh. Didn't bother to try and return it because I saw a lot of complaints about customer service on their Facebook page.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-19, 07:18 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I have never had B.O. and Lume gave me the worst ever. I went back to using Tom's and it went away.
I tried Tom's and I smelled worse at the end of the day. I don't know if it's because ingredients are natural and no preservatives so maybe the stick itself was spoiled or rancid. No problem with Schmidt and I've been pleasantly surprised. Fingers crossed it's my Holy Grail now.

Tags
deodorants, natural deodorants