Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-19, 08:12 PM  
keilan00

I'm watching Botched Up Bodies on Netflix right now. It's not a fave but it's a British show. This 2013 show most likely inspired the American show Botched. The UK version is extremely graphic. They show everything! After watching this, I appreciate my body so much more. I am never going to do any cosmetic elective surgery or injections.
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-19, 09:12 AM  
Sara1000

Shakespeare and Hathaway is on Britbox now. We watched the first episode last night and really enjoyed it
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-19, 10:26 PM  
videofit

If you like 19th Century melodrama with stately homes, riding side-saddle, family curses, forbidden love, unrequited love, rape, incest, family secrets, country life, etc. you will love this over the top four part series based on the novels, The Mallens, from 1979. Even the music is over the top! It's free on youtube on this guy's channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4nqgDJQ0qo
Old 03-25-19, 12:49 AM  
videofit

Going Straight, a sequel to the popular series Porridge, for you Ronnie Barker fans. I never heard of this comedy series with Richard Beckinsale who was Kate Beckinsale's father. She was only five when he died aged 31 of a heart condition. A big TV star who was just getting started. Watch his other comedies if you get a chance. They only shot six episodes because of Beckinsale's death.

Of course anything with Ronnie Barker will be good. A comedy genius. All six are free on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqBMN0ALERM
Old 03-25-19, 10:54 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I just finished watching the 3rd Season of Shetland on Netflix. Love the gorgeous scenery here and can't wait for the 4th and 5th Seasons. This is a mystery/crime series filmed by Scotland BBC. The show is based on the Ann Cleeves books, which I just picked up at the library.

Along the same genre is Hinterland (which takes place in Wales.) The lead investigator always begins or ends the show with a outdoor run across the rural countryside. This is again on Netflix.

And, I just began the first episode of River, which I believe is in London, England. Lead investigator here is also very good.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-19, 10:58 AM  
Carol K

I'm looking forward to the new season of Call the Midwife and the new mini-series, Mrs. Wilson, both of which start on PBS this Sunday.
Old 03-25-19, 11:11 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I liked Poldark for the characters/actors and gorgeous scenery (Cornwall) but not much happened and I found it a bit slow moving. But, the gorgeous Ross Poldark (Adian Turner) was so brooding and sure loved to ride that horse of his.

April Focus:
Old 03-25-19, 11:16 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Can't wait for the return of the Crown with a whole new cast! Of course I loved the first set of actors and they were fantastic, especially Claire Foy. But, really looking forward to seeing Tobias Menzies who played Black Jack Randall/Frank Randall in Outlander as Prince Philip!

April Focus:
Old 03-25-19, 11:17 AM  
sherry7899

Did anyone else watch the last season of Catastrophe" on Amazon Prime?

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-19, 11:17 AM  
Carol K

I'm looking forward to next and last season of Poldark this year too. It's going to be about what happens in between the 7th and 8th books (there is a ten year gap between those books). I've read through the 7th book and I'm going to wait and read the rest after watching the last season.

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, british tv shows, favorite british tv shows, favorite tv shows