Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-20-17, 01:06 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Thank you all so much!!

Louise-I hope Mara is feeling better soon-hugs!
Thanks - I realized after I went to bed that I probably shouldn't have brought up my own kitty problems. Mara will feel better if New Kitty goes away
Old 06-20-17, 01:27 PM  
sherry7899

The vet called. The cells were inconclusive. They did not find cancer cells, but they said the sample of cells was too small to know what it is. They said it would be better to take him to a more specialized vet practice where they could likely remove the growth and test it. I called the other vet, and they can fit him in Thursday evening for a consultation appointment. Luckily they are open seven days a week until 10 pm. It could still be cancer, but they don't know.

Our son graduates high school on Friday...this timing utterly sucks. It would be horrible at any time, but this makes it worse.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-17, 02:09 PM  
mtnmom

I know it hasn't been completely ruled out, but the did not find cancer cells! Hang on to that positive thought.

Hoping for the best of news from the other vet from me, Shadow, and Kahlua.
Old 06-20-17, 02:18 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
The vet called. The cells were inconclusive. They did not find cancer cells, but they said the sample of cells was too small to know what it is.
our cat Puma had a lump on his stomach. when the vet initially looked at it, he thought it was some type of inflammation from a virus or bacteria. doc gave him antibiotics.

it went away after about a month.

hope your little kitty pulls through! congrats on your son. our 2nd oldest son also graduated this year.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-17, 02:32 PM  
Carol K

Precious and Lily are thinking positive about these cells. Congratulations on your son's graduation, Sherry!
Old 06-20-17, 02:34 PM  
donnamp

Sherry - I'm sorry you didn't get a more conclusive answer. but, I think it is positive that there were no cancer cells in the sample. I am also sorry this is coinciding w/ your DS's graduation. ((HUGS))

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-17, 06:18 PM  
Bearybuff

Ms. Kitty is also a hand holder and she's holding Bonker's paw right now. Prayers from me too.
Bearybuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-17, 04:08 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks so much for the kind thoughts and wishes, and the ones from your beloved furbabies

It is a really good thing I am so detail oriented. For some reason I got a feeling that the vet we are seeing tomorrow probably did not get the pathology report from our regular vet. I called to check, and of course they don't have it. The receptionist said she will make sure it gets faxed over. Sigh.....I called over 24 hours ago to get that done. I am going to call back tomorrow morning to make sure they received it before we go.

Sherry

Old 06-21-17, 04:14 PM  
donnamp

Sherry - sorry the vet practice didn't send over the report - sadly, it seems that happens, both w/ Vets and human doctors.......

I hope all is well and that you can enjoy your DS's graduation.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-17, 04:16 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Donna! That is so true-I always have to follow up with our doctors, so why should vets be any different

I don't think we'll get any real information from the vet tomorrow since it is a consultation. They will probably tell us whether they think he should have surgery to remove the growth so they can test it further.

Thank you so much for your kind words and support.

Tags
cats, off topic