Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-11-13, 06:11 AM  
wellnesswife

Ab DVDs/Premixes

Looking for recommendations on Ab only exercises 10-30 min workouts...or Premixes on a DVD you like???

I'm in a fitness competition on MFP & one thing they want us to log in is ab exercises done.

Thanks in advance
wellnesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 09:05 AM  
Aquajock

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellnesswife View Post
Looking for recommendations on Ab only exercises 10-30 min workouts...or Premixes on a DVD you like???

I'm in a fitness competition on MFP & one thing they want us to log in is ab exercises done.

Thanks in advance
Cathe Friedrich's Ab Circuits DVD (six routines; some with equipment, some not; one pilates-inspired, another yoga-inspired, another using stability ball, yet another using med ball, yet another using hand and ankle weights and sliding plates) - very good variety

TapouT Ultimate Ab routine (~14:00 that you'll feel for the next 3 days)

Bob Harper's Power Yoga for the Warrior core routine: nothing terribly innovative about this routine (again, ~14:00 duration) but it barks my core like no other

Bob Harper's Totally Ripped Core, last 9:30 of workout (supine solid floor work that does a lot in a little time)

Cathe's core routine from "Muscle Max" (Hard Core series): fewer drills with longer rep-sets; tough tough tough

Cathe's core routine from "Cardio & Weights" (Intensity Series): I've been doing this one for over 10 years now and it never fails to bark my core

HTH!!!

A-jock
Old 01-11-13, 09:06 AM  
Aquajock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquajock View Post
Cathe Friedrich's Ab Circuits DVD (six routines; some with equipment, some not; one pilates-inspired, another yoga-inspired, another using stability ball, yet another using med ball, yet another using hand and ankle weights and sliding plates) - very good variety

TapouT Ultimate Ab routine (~14:00 that you'll feel for the next 3 days)

Bob Harper's Power Yoga for the Warrior core routine: nothing terribly innovative about this routine (again, ~14:00 duration) but it barks my core like no other

Bob Harper's Totally Ripped Core, last 9:30 of workout (supine solid floor work that does a lot in a little time)

Cathe's core routine from "Muscle Max" (Hard Core series): fewer drills with longer rep-sets; tough tough tough

Cathe's core routine from "Cardio & Weights" (Intensity Series): I've been doing this one for over 10 years now and it never fails to bark my core

HTH!!!

A-jock
Also "Insane Abs" from Shaun T's INSANITY Series, deluxe edition - extended routine but a scorcher, with no sit-ups or crunches!
Old 01-11-13, 09:14 AM  
ldy_solana

I like cathe's core max. 3 workouts and 3 premixes. IMO I find it harder then Ab Circuits, but I also like ab circuits.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 09:15 AM  
imhere2dance

I really Joyce Vedral's Just Abs!, which has six workouts. The shortest one is 5 minutes and the longest is 20 minutes. The 20 minute one is what I do 98% of the time. I got this DVD a couple of months ago and I use it almost every morning.

Kari Anderson's Curl is 20 minutes. I've done this routine one to two times a week since I got it back in early 2011.

I also like many of the workouts on Tamilee Webb's Abs! Abs! Abs!. They're all actually really good. The shortest one is about 5 minutes (done on a chair) and the longest (the last one on the DVD menu) is about 20 minutes. I've used this DVD a lot for almost two years.

There are a lot of really good ones out there, but those are my top picks. Pilates is also awesome for strong abs. I recommend Ana Cabán's Abs Pilates Workout if you enjoy Pilates. That one clocks in at about 25-26 minutes.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 11:01 AM  
wellnesswife

Thanks for the rec's!! Appreciate it

VFers are the best!
wellnesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 11:51 AM  
Tiny

Jessica Smith 10 Pounds Down Cardio Abs is really good. Also for add ons you could check out Suzanne Bowen's Gorgeous Core.

I am not sure if you have KCM Your Best Body, but she has a premix Core and Yoga. It is all standing ab work, well, except for 2 plank moves. KCM has a pretty good selection of ab routines.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 12:23 PM  
Cybersparkle

One of my fav utube workouts from Cassey Ho- she just came out with her own dvd. I love this ab workout, music is great and I am so sore the next day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od0j4aNDGKM&noredirect=1

Here is the google search link with all her other ab videos

https://www.google.com/search?q=pop+...w=1092&bih=546

Enjoy (for free)!
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 01:01 PM  
laurajhawk

I like P90X Ab Ripper X and Ultimate Yogi HardCore. They're both solid, short (15-20 min.), difficult but doable, and go at a good pace for me. They're also both part of fiendishly expensive kits, but I'm sure people trade them away from time to time.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 07:54 PM  
buffmama

I tend to like Amy Bento's stuff since she doesn't really do crunches. I don't have her abs and stretch workout, I do the abs off her strength workouts that I have. I can't really recommend one over another, I use them all.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote